Dr. Kristin Olah MD Patient Reviews

• 12 reviews

no change

February 22nd, 2016
love this doctor
dr dark is both my docto rand my husbands. we are very happy with her ALWAYS call back if you have a question. i find that amazing

July 20th, 2015
The Best
She is the best.

April 20th, 2015
The Best !

February 3rd, 2015
the very best
Dr. Dark was the best doctor I've come across. She is very kind and has a good sense of humor to brighten up some unfortunate parts of being at the doctor. What is most impressive about her is her encyclopedic knowledge of all medical fields and diseases. She is very good at comprehensive care and coordinating with other doctors. I wish I still had her. I would definitely recommend this outstanding GP.

January 30th, 2015
The best. Period.

January 10th, 2015
I never write reviews but I have to say this was my first appointment with Dr Dark and I was very satisfied. She took the time to listen and was not rushing to leave the room. She also took time to explain things in detail. Very intelligent Dr. I will definitely be seeing her again.

December 31st, 2013
I find these reviews absolutely fascinating. I saw Dr. Dark once . Its a date Ill never forget She took an instant dislike to me. Judging from the reviews Im reading this is relatively uncomon. While waiting for my appointment with Dr. Dark I was showing the young girls in the office staff how I could determine someones personality by changing the letters of the name into numbers. They were fascinated by this. Dr. Dark wasnt. When it was my turn to see her and she entered the waiting room she made no attempt to shake my hand. The first thing she said to me was "I see you have been amusing my staff." I sensed her anger but I also sensed something else. The words MY staff instead of THE staff. Her self review indicates she is a very religious woman. I have my doubts about this. The bible tells us to do our good deeds in private and not tell the world about them. I ignored the" amusing my staff" comment and let the medical interview continue. She told me I was very anemic with a hematocrit of 37, about 42 being normal I am a pharmacist (I was 60 then) and take Motrin like drugs because at my age, standing on your feet for 8 hours can be painful. Plus I eat very little meat. Motrin can cause GI bleeding as does aspirin when taken every day. I suggested this was the reason for the anemia. Dr. Dark disagreed. She told me bluntly I probably had right sided colon cancer. There was no compassion.Not once did she put a hand on me or near me. I was in a mild state of shock. My grandson was visiting us from Texas (age8) so I told my wife nothing. You all know how perceptive young children are. Then I thought of something. I was working with a breast cancer group online as a consultant pharmacist. I was trying to get them to talk with their doctor about reducing serum copper to help treat the cancer along with traditional chemotherapy. I even told them I would be my own guinea pig. I started taking zinc supplements 3 times a day to try to encourage these women. Zinc lowers serum copper by preventing its absorbtion in the intestine. What I did worked as far as lowering copper went, but my copper got too low. One of the first signs of low copper is anemia. So I stopped taking zinc and took copper supplements. Three weeks later my hematocrit was 41. When I got the good lab results Dr, Dark signed them in angry penmanship and walked back into the room. She didnt say one word to me. I got the opinion she was dissappointed with the improvement in the blood picture. The paradoxical thing is, reading others glowing reports I wouldnt hesitate recommending her with one warning. If you get the feeling she doesnt like just walk out. She apparently can be a lifesaver, but she can also be extremely vicious. Apparently its very rare but if you are the person this rare thing happens to believe me you will always remember Dr. Dark

August 10th, 2013
Dr. Dark is an incredibly intelligent and wonderfully compassionate physician. She spends her time generously and explores every option.

June 15th, 2012
Unhappy Customer!
I went to Dr. Dark for exhaustion and after 10 minutes...she concluded there no cure for it...and that basically my weight obviously indicated that I do not eat vegetables or fruit. Don't judge a book by a cover. Dig deeper. I will never see her again!

October 29th, 2009
Personalized treatment
Never rushes through an appointment; gives me full attention. She has moved to a new location in buena Park now. . .

January 15th, 2009
Awesome Doctor!
She actually does care about what she does and her patients and she takes the time to completely explain things to you.

September 2nd, 2008
Excellent doctor
Finally! A doctor that doesn't make me feel rushed and that happily answers all of my questions. My search is over. No more switching doctors.