Dr. Kristin Held MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology San Antonio, TX

3.8

August 26th, 2013
Dr. Held is my family's and my mother's physician for 20 years. She has performed cataract surgery on my mother and with my neurosurgeon watches for changes in my eyesight from my brain tumor. I don't usually review but I felt her scores much too low for the quality of care and expertise she has always afforded us. From simple eye exams to surgery both I and the many doctors in my life all agree she is exceptional. Although, because of her demand, regular appointments are far in advance but don't worry, she takes you immediately for emergencies. Her staff is also very friendly, knowledgable and professional.

June 28th, 2013
Great doc
Would definitely recommend Dr. Held. She is competent, cares and very intelligent. I was scared about my condition and she eased my mind and cleared my vision!

July 16th, 2010
Too busy to listen or care
Dr. Held, like many cataract surgeons, schedules her operations at very close intervals. Normally, this works out well. But when something unusual comes up, she doesnt have time to respond thoughtfully. My lens was unusually tough, not responding to phacoemulsification as expected. Instead of shifting to plan B, she charged ahead. When the bandages came off two days later, I was completely blind in the eye, my cornea having been cooked to opacity. While the cornea eventually cleared over several days time, I still (three years later) see better out of the untreated eye (which actually had the more advanced cataract) than from the treated eye. Dr. Held is admired for her energy and enthusiasm, but that needs to be held in check when the patient needs a more measured approach.