Ophthalmologists
325 E Sonterra Blvd
Ste 100
San Antonio, TX 78258
210-490-6759
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
by CINDY on Aug 26th, 2013

Dr. Held is my family's and my mother's physician for 20 years. She has performed cataract surgery on my mother and with my neurosurgeon watches for changes in my eyesight from my brain tumor. I don't usually review but I felt her scores much too low for the quality of care and expertise she has always afforded us. From simple eye exams to surgery both I and the many doctors in my life all agree she is exceptional. Although, because of her demand, regular appointments are far in advance but don't worry, she takes you immediately for emergencies. Her staff is also very friendly, knowledgable and professional.

|  Great doc  |  show details
by Linda P on Jun 28th, 2013

Would definitely recommend Dr. Held. She is competent, cares and very intelligent. I was scared about my condition and she eased my mind and cleared my vision!

by Luther on Feb 24th, 2013

Kind of Hot

|  Too busy to listen or care  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2010

Dr. Held, like many cataract surgeons, schedules her operations at very close intervals. Normally, this works out well. But when something unusual comes up, she doesnt have time to respond thoughtfully. My lens was unusually tough, not responding to phacoemulsification as expected. Instead of shifting to plan B, she charged ahead. When the bandages came off two days later, I was completely blind in the eye, my cornea having been cooked to opacity. While the cornea eventually cleared over several days time, I still (three years later) see better out of the untreated eye (which actually had the more advanced cataract) than from the treated eye. Dr. Held is admired for her energy and enthusiasm, but that needs to be held in check when the patient needs a more measured approach.

Jul 26th, 2008 on yahoo.com

My name is Armando Acuna Dr. Held did my eye surgery i had cateracts ( or how ever it's spelled ) but she was recomended o me and she did a great job i am still seeing the world there's no one like her, i know someday i'll need to see her but till then th

Read Full Review at yahoo.com