A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Kristin Mekeel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Kristin Mekeel is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mekeel
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Mekeel Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Kristin Mekeel, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- She has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Liver Transplantation
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Pancreatic Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Mekeel graduated from University of Wisconsin at Madison.
Dr. Mekeel has 5 hospital affiliations:
- UC San Diego Health System
- Promise Hospital San Diego
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Kristin L Mekeel MD is a female Surgeon, has 12 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Kristin L. Mekeel practice?
- Dr. Kristin Mekeel has 2 office locations.
Dr. Kristin Mekeel practices Surgery near San Diego, CA.
See San Diego Surgeons.