Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Oct 28th, 2015

Terrible Doctor...Does not explain anything..

Mar 31st, 2015

Dr. Schmidt is awesome!

Eh.... show details Eh....
Feb 20th, 2015

Dr. Schmidt delivered my child via C-section and she did an amazing job getting her here and I can barely even see my scar. On the other hand during all my prenatal appointments she had little to no bedside manner. It was almost awkward. I also found her nurses were extremely rude also.

Consider Yourself Warned show details Consider Yourself Warned
Sep 26th, 2014

Where do I begin? Seemed nice in beginning, I knew at 7 months that she didn't care about me but thought it was too late to change. Smug answers for everything and very impatient. My baby was breech and probably would have turned if she wouldn't have cut me at 37 weeks, which is now ILLEGAL to do when you do not have any medical reason. Scheduled my csection for 6 am, cut another baby out at 6 before me, mom wouldn't stop bleeding so she gave this young woman a hysterectomy and stuck me in a back room of the hospital while she went and did her visits. I was deprived of food all day and at 6 pm she showed up to do my surgery. Oh, how I wish I would have left. My first baby was born 3 weeks early for no reason with a hole in her heart and collapsed lungs. We spent a month in icu and almost lost her twice which could have all been avoided had she developed full term. The icu in Katy and downtown was full of Schmidt babies. She scheduled me early so it was convenient for her vacation and just wants your money. I had to be emergency released 6 hours after my csection to be with my daughter at downtown icu and was walking to my car with blood coming out of my cut and her staff never bothered following up with me. Horrible, horrible experience and horrible doctor. I hope she reads this and knows what a horrible thing it is to put your selfishness before a baby's well-being. It's not right and my prayer is that no other mother has to go through what I did. I thought I was going to lose my baby and 3 years later, I still struggle with the guilt of not knowing 37 weeks wasn't full term. My daughter was on steroids for a year and had a very rough start. I'm happy to say my second daughter was born past 40 weeks and is thriving and very healthy. I had a different dr of course and when I told her my story, she couldn't believe it. Her jaw was on the floor. She said there's NEVER a reason to c sect early if you have no medical concern. It could have permanent, damaging effects on the baby. Boy, do I wish I knew then what I know now.

Mixed Feelings show details Mixed Feelings
by anonymous on May 24th, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Schmidt's for 4-5 years before becoming pregnant with my first child. Being a regular patient was fine and things were great, but going through a pregnancy was a slightly different story. She gave short, one word answers to questions and the beside manner during delivery was not what I had expected it would be - especially with it being my first delivery. The actual delivery was smooth though and I will say she is a good doctor with the physical aspect of things. The Nurse Practitioner Kim is GREAT at this practice! She's the one that visited in the hospital post-delivery. Pros: Easy to make appointments with, very laid back, ultrasounds and blood work is done right in the office which is very nice and convenient. Good with the physical part of patient care (did a great job with stitching, etc.) and good with annual exams, etc. Cons: Slight lack of compassion that I think OBGYNs should have with their patients throughout pregnancy. Not great with follow up. Always acts like she's in a hurry during appointments, etc.

Changing Doctor show details Changing Doctor
Jul 31st, 2012

Dr. Schmidt is a nice person but I am not pleased with her approach. Her appointments are rushed and I have to re explain myself at every visit as if though I haven't been per patient for a year now.I think she needs less patint snd to only care for those she can bother to do a thorough job with.With that said, the care isn't terrible, I think t needs great improvement, listen to your patients.

Nov 9th, 2011

Dr. Kristin Schmidt needs to learn on how to comfort her patients. I went to ask for sterilization Options, I got out of her office disappointed and with fear. I will not suggest anyone to see her.

Aug 24th, 2011

Seems very caring and nice in the beginning but very nonchalant and uncaring after the delivery. Especially when things don't go as planned, she pretends as if nothing ever happened.

Horrible doctor show details Horrible doctor
Apr 14th, 2011

Impatient.

Can do much better show details Can do much better
by Meron on Feb 2nd, 2010

I have been going to this Dr. for two years; I have never really gotten a full satisfactory answer to my questions. I get a smirk or made felt silly for asking questions that are of concern to me. I can never get a timely appointment for urgent matters. I feel like a chart and money source rather than a patient. It is difficult to find a good OB/GYN however can do better than this. That is why I am changing doctors

Horrible experience show details Horrible experience
by sara on Aug 10th, 2009

Dr. Shmidt looks friendly, she pretends she cares about you and your birthing plans but it's totally the opposit.When I was delivering she was doing everything to make me deliver fast so she can go home. She made me think that we had to do a c section, the birthing reports shows a lot of discrepencies that proved that the c section wasn't necessary. she did her c section on me and disapeared, she didn't even talk to me or to my husband after she finished her sirgury!!! I didn't see her again until my 2 weeks visit in her office and she acted normal like nothing happened. I really don't recommend her to anyone!

Feb 9th, 2009