Dr. Kristin Schmidt MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

April 4th, 2017
If you want a healthy baby, STAY AWAY FROM DR. SCHMIDT!
Second opinions are a way to learn about your diagnosis and choices for treatment options. A patient has rights and one of your most important rights is the ability to get a second opinion about your diagnosis. Being informed is critical in deciding your choice of treatment. They will NOT give you a reference to your Dr. of choice! Liers, shame on you all!

February 6th, 2017
sweet, kind, patient, understanding.
I have seen Dr. Kristen Schmidt for many years and dearly love her. I would highly recommend her to everyone!

January 25th, 2017
First Time Pregnant - wonderful experience
Dr. Kristen Schmidt was absolutely amazing to me during my pregnancy. And being that it was the first time, I had no idea what to expect. She is patient and will answer any question you have. Continue to go back for well woman.

October 19th, 2016
LOVE her!
I loved having her as my dr. She delivered all 3 of my babies. I had some complications with all 3 pregnancies and she was there for me, was very supportive of me, and provided no judgmental comments. She is very quick when she comes into your room for your regular visits, but it usually was due to running behind due to delivering a baby, or about to run out the door to go deliver one. And I always told myself, "I would want her to hurry if she was coming to deliver my baby". I continue to see her for my yearly appts as well.

February 26th, 2016
She doesn't care about you
To start I did not have a choice to have this doctor she was the on call OB/GYN for the hospital that I went into for a laparoscopic surgery . She was called to drain a cyst that I had on my ovary .So she did not call me for a follow up afterwards . I have had many weeks of pain post surgery in the exact same spot the cyst was drained . I got an appointment to see her and I agree with every other review that she has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever had to see in the past . First of all she took nearly an hour and 15 minutes to come in and see me although I could hear her chatting it up in her office outside the door . Once she came in to see me she immediately came across as being impatient and made me feel as if I was wasting her time even though she charge me a hefty price just for seeing her for a total of five minutes . The worst part is that she flat out told me the pain I had is due to endometriosis she failed to explain what that was to me unless I ask her . I had to ask her all the questions and wait for her to answer me and all I got were one word responses yes or no. She did not get up to even examine me or ask exactly where the pain was located. She seriously came across as if she did not care . I was concerned before meeting her but decided to give the appointment an honest chance because I was extremely concerned about my situation. Since she is the one that drained the cyst she would be the only person that I would have to ask the questions to .After doing a lot of research on this doctor online and asking other people she is definitely someone I would never recommend to anyone . I truly wish that the hospital next-door had done more research before calling this woman to drain the cyst if I had a choice I would've opted for someone else .

October 28th, 2015
Terrible Doctor...Does not explain anything..

March 31st, 2015
Dr. Schmidt is awesome!

February 20th, 2015
Eh....
Dr. Schmidt delivered my child via C-section and she did an amazing job getting her here and I can barely even see my scar. On the other hand during all my prenatal appointments she had little to no bedside manner. It was almost awkward. I also found her nurses were extremely rude also.

September 26th, 2014
Consider Yourself Warned
Where do I begin? Seemed nice in beginning, I knew at 7 months that she didn't care about me but thought it was too late to change. Smug answers for everything and very impatient. My baby was breech and probably would have turned if she wouldn't have cut me at 37 weeks, which is now ILLEGAL to do when you do not have any medical reason. Scheduled my csection for 6 am, cut another baby out at 6 before me, mom wouldn't stop bleeding so she gave this young woman a hysterectomy and stuck me in a back room of the hospital while she went and did her visits. I was deprived of food all day and at 6 pm she showed up to do my surgery. Oh, how I wish I would have left. My first baby was born 3 weeks early for no reason with a hole in her heart and collapsed lungs. We spent a month in icu and almost lost her twice which could have all been avoided had she developed full term. The icu in Katy and downtown was full of Schmidt babies. She scheduled me early so it was convenient for her vacation and just wants your money. I had to be emergency released 6 hours after my csection to be with my daughter at downtown icu and was walking to my car with blood coming out of my cut and her staff never bothered following up with me. Horrible, horrible experience and horrible doctor. I hope she reads this and knows what a horrible thing it is to put your selfishness before a baby's well-being. It's not right and my prayer is that no other mother has to go through what I did. I thought I was going to lose my baby and 3 years later, I still struggle with the guilt of not knowing 37 weeks wasn't full term. My daughter was on steroids for a year and had a very rough start. I'm happy to say my second daughter was born past 40 weeks and is thriving and very healthy. I had a different dr of course and when I told her my story, she couldn't believe it. Her jaw was on the floor. She said there's NEVER a reason to c sect early if you have no medical concern. It could have permanent, damaging effects on the baby. Boy, do I wish I knew then what I know now.

May 24th, 2013
Mixed Feelings
I was a patient of Dr. Schmidt's for 4-5 years before becoming pregnant with my first child. Being a regular patient was fine and things were great, but going through a pregnancy was a slightly different story. She gave short, one word answers to questions and the beside manner during delivery was not what I had expected it would be - especially with it being my first delivery. The actual delivery was smooth though and I will say she is a good doctor with the physical aspect of things. The Nurse Practitioner Kim is GREAT at this practice! She's the one that visited in the hospital post-delivery. Pros: Easy to make appointments with, very laid back, ultrasounds and blood work is done right in the office which is very nice and convenient. Good with the physical part of patient care (did a great job with stitching, etc.) and good with annual exams, etc. Cons: Slight lack of compassion that I think OBGYNs should have with their patients throughout pregnancy. Not great with follow up. Always acts like she's in a hurry during appointments, etc.

July 31st, 2012
Changing Doctor
Dr. Schmidt is a nice person but I am not pleased with her approach. Her appointments are rushed and I have to re explain myself at every visit as if though I haven't been per patient for a year now.I think she needs less patint snd to only care for those she can bother to do a thorough job with.With that said, the care isn't terrible, I think t needs great improvement, listen to your patients.

November 9th, 2011
Dr. Kristin Schmidt needs to learn on how to comfort her patients. I went to ask for sterilization Options, I got out of her office disappointed and with fear. I will not suggest anyone to see her.