Dr. Kristina Erickson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.0
  • 1 patient rating
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

November 6th, 2012
Very Disapointed
This was the worst Dr I have come in contact with in a very long time. Unfortunately It probably wont be read by physician, and because she is a Er Dr, others wont have a choice if they go to NW hosp ER. I took my 92 yr old grandmother in for what I thought was going to be a Blood clot or Cellulitis. Our wait time was very short, and the physician did come in very quickly. My grandmother has a history of severe hypertension and is very anxious to say the least about Doctors, hospitals and medicine. Not once (besides triage) was her blood pressure taken, the entire time we were there, did they do any routine vitals! The Doctor came into the room, The RN was talkin to the patient, Dr interupted and says ya you have a red leg and it looks like you have cellulitis, she asked if she was allergic to anything, and who her Primary Dr was, My granmother cant hear well, so I answered the physician and told her. She raised her eyebrows and said "whos that? Ive never heard of her." I explained she was a physician with a very large medical group here in tucson. She replied" oh i dont work with those Dr's so Ill just send it to ( the large clinic) there are 15 + clinics in town of this group, there isnt just one # for this group! She did not care. She stated we will put her on some pennicillin and WALKE OUT OF THE ROOM. No explanation, no- Do you have any questions? She just left, I sat there with my jaw dropped and my grandmother to say" was that the Dr?" Soon she came back and said " oh were going to do a doppler, some one will be in shortly." and just WALKED OUT. Grandma said what did she say? So being in the medical field myself, i was left to explain, what was going to be done, why and what they were looking for. Incidently she did have a blood clot not cellulitis. Dr came in and said" oh you have a blood clot were going to put you on this Warfarin and another med", she began to walk out when i interjected and said; what are you giving her? She told me Lovenox. She said she wanted to call her PCP but cant because we didnt know who that was!!!! I interjected again and said "Yes, i do know her pcp!" and she replied but we dont know how to get ahold of her. Yes, i do know how to get ahold of her and proceded to rattle off her office #, fax # and address,and what suite she was in. If she had just listend for 30 seconds earlier when i tried to tell her, she would have known that but she did not care! She called Pcp explained situation and per both physicians, ok to discharge she would f/u with pt on Friday in her office, Pcp explained that Grandaughter (me) was in the medical field,knew her way around the office as She/I workeed in this building that belongs to this very large medical group. Physician came back to discharge and RN gave us instuctions as to how to inject Lovenox. Hospital ER was fabulous from the point of entry to discharge. The Male RN was symmpathetic and very caring! Thank you to the Staff. This Dr's bedside manner was horrible!