Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Seminary Hill
Physicians For Women
4660 Kenmore Ave
Ste 1100
Alexandria, VA 22304
703-370-0400
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  She's The Best  |  show details
by Lisa J on Aug 2nd, 2013

I have been a patient of Physicians for Women for about fifteen years and have enjoyed working with the group. They delivered my child eleven years ago and took care of all my needs. If you are a woman that needs a place of understanding, compassion, and education, this practice is the best choice. I met Dr. Kristina Hibshman a few years ago and just loved how she was able to relate and education me on my health and well-being. She was there when I needed her and treated me with respect. She makes me feel that I am a person and not a number. She is down to earth, and will tell it to you straight (whether you want to hear it or not), and she will always be honest with you. If you have any questions about your womanly health, she will answer your questions or find the answer and will get back to you. She is a physician that will respond to your needs. Thank you for being you Dr. H.

|  Terrible doctor  |  show details
May 8th, 2013

I had been going to Dr. Hibshman for about four years. At first I liked how quickly she conducted her pap and annuals- but when after I got pregnant and went through a miscarriage I realized how truly terrible of a doctor she is. Through my pregnancy there were many issues- she never looked at my chart before she came in; therefor she was always unprepared or misdiagnosing me from the start of most appointments. She never spent more than 5 minutes with me and rarely spent time answering my questions- also made some unprofessional comments while in her care comparing my personal life to hers. After having a missed miscarriage I needed medicine to help my body expel the baby. When I went to pick up my prescription it was not called in. I checked all the pharmacies in the area to make sure there wasn't a mix up before calling Dr. Hibshman. When I did call her because the prescription was not anywhere to be found she yelled at me and told me to check the pharmacy again. I did, they didn't have my prescription and Dr. Hibshman ignored my phone call when I called her back. She later apologized for being rude and realizing that the prescription was not called in but that behavior from a doctor is unacceptable. A few days later I felt like the medicine may not have worked. I called the office and left a message on the triage line. No one ever called me back. A week later I still felt uneasy so I called back and explained my situation and how no one called back. They schedule me for blood work and an exam. When I got to the office Dr. Hibschman refused to see me and told me that I was probably fine and the blood work would tell. At this point I was furious and spoke to a manager at the office. They walked me down to the exam room and made sure I was seen. Sure enough I was correct an the medicine did not work. If I would have listened to Dr. Hibshman it would have been another week before I got my blood test results back and had an appointment scheduled- risking infection and still carrying a no longer living fetus. After taking a second dose of the medicine and having it work I was having excruciating pain. She told me I was just being emotional and I should cry and eat a piece of cake. This is not medical advice I would ever expect from a doctor- possibly a child. After all of this I finally decided to leave this practice and requested my records. I was told it would take 10 days. It took 2 months AND the only reason they were even sent was because I called asking where they were. If you want a doctor who is going to give you care, respect and listen to you then do not go to this doctor. Dr. Hibshman should be embarrassed with herself.

|  It's unfortunate she's a part of the Physician's practice...  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2011

The Dr. was wonderful during the appointmet but once the appointment is over - forget being able to get in touch with them (her or her nurse). Test results are not communicated without serious hounding of the staff. I was told TWICE! -> "The test results will be back on [insert date] so if you don't hear from me by [day after original date said] you should give me a call." HA! I finally got a response 3-4 days after promised. I blame the biggest part of this issue on the office staff and her nurse. I wish I had done more research and found a different doctor.

|  Not impressed  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2011

She was my least favorite doctor of the 5 of them and I literally cried when I found out that she was going to do my scheduled c-section. She didn't disappoint either...she talked about her vacation w/ the surgical staff during my c-section. Barely talked to me or my husband at all to let us know what was going on. Bedside manner = terrible! Next baby will likely be with another practice.