Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Womens Health Alliance
11725 N Illinois St
Ste 350
Carmel, IN 46032
317-814-4500
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  LOVE this doctor!  |  show details
by PBowman on Jul 8th, 2013

Dr. Knapp delivered both of my boys. I started with her in Danville and then when she moved to Carmel I followed her there....now I am following her to Greencastle. She is the most amazing caring doctor. Both times I went into labor it was around her vacation and she changed her vacation to be there during my delivery or came home early when she heard I was delivering. She made sure I had her home number, pager number and cell number. She got me through cancer scares and a miscarriage. My husband and I adore her and if our second child was a girl we would have given her the middle name of Kristine after Dr. Knapp. She is devoted, involved and committed. I agree with the other reviews that stated she isn't always on time but that is because she spends time with you and does treat you like a person. I cannot believe the other reviews that stated she was cruel...that is just not in her nature. She is direct...and she will tell you like it is but she is in no way mean. I think she is just great and would recommend her to anyone.

|  show details
by Prudence on Apr 15th, 2013

Dr. Knapp delivered both of my children. My son was emergency c-section and she was amazing through it al. My daughter was scheduled c-section and she was great during that too. Is she behind sometimes... yes, but as the other lady mentioned it's because she takes time with you.... you're not just a number to her- you're a person! :)

|  I Love Dr. Knapp!  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2012

I came to Dr. Knapp on the recommendation of a prior OB, who had decided to leave medicine. My first child was delivered by this other wonderful OB. I had significant extra-uterine bleeding during my C-section. That doctor did a great job in surgery, stopped the bleeding and we thought all was well. I saw Dr. Knapp a time or two between pregnancies and she always spent a good half-hour or more with me in the exam room. She is absolutely *NOT* the doctor for you if you want to be in and out in 10 minutes. She's the doctor that sits down and asks you every medical question she can think of and then asks about the book you are carrying. She is a chatterbox but so am I, so our appointments always take a little bit of time. I can only presume that is why I always have to wait 45 minutes to see her: she does it with everyone. The wait is a trade off for a doctor who takes a few minutes extra to learn about her patients lives. Fast forward two years and my original OB had left medicine. I was seeing Dr. Knapp and I found myself pregnant with twins (YAY! We were so excited!)Everything went mostly well until I was in labor at 29 weeks. Somehow the on-call OB stopped my labor. That doctor told me the following morning that she was 100% positive I was going to deliver the night before. Grace of God, I was still pregnant. Dr. Knapp, as my primary OB, took over the case and kept me on hospital bedrest until the twins came. I was *furious* with her! I had a two-year-old at home and I wanted to be with my daughter. Dr. Knapp told me, "You have two babies inside you right now that need you more. You're not going anywhere." Truer words were never spoken. Now that the twins are healthy pre-schoolers, I'm eternally grateful to her for keeping focus in the face of a crazed pregnant woman demanding bed rest at home. Dr. Knapp made the best decision for my family and kept me in the hospital.Dr. Knapp kept me pregnant for another all-important three weeks (although full labor was always *VERY* near.) Dr. Knapp visited me every single day while I waited in that hospital bed and most days sat down for a good hour to chat and keep my spirits up. One day, three weeks after I was admitted, she told me I needed to deliver ASAP. An hour later, my 33 weeker twins arrived at 5 pounds and 4 pounds 6 oz. That's fairly spectacular for babies born almost two months early (and they were fertility babies, so we know without a doubt that my due date was not off.)Because of my medical history she did require me to have a second C-section. Surgery was a nightmare for Dr Knapp. The bleeding from my previous C-section had scarred over and was nothing but a web of adhesions the size of her thumb. She broke them apart, delivered my perfectly healthy twins and I recovered from that second surgery much quicker than the first (maybe because of the skill of the surgeon, maybe because it was a second C-section or maybe because I was walking more because I had two babies in the NICU that needed me.)Either way, now she's left that practice and I've followed her for my general care. She's spectacular.

|  Uncaring and rude  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2011

I saw Dr. Knapp 4 years ago for a colposcopy, removal of an IUD and insertion of a new IUD. While taking my information she never even looked at me, just typed into her little computer. I was in agony during the procedures and she ignored me and never gave me any input as to what she was doing or when it would be over, even though I asked. She broke the new IUD while inserting it and had to remove it in two pieces. During insertion of the second IUD, I began to go into shock from the pain, which her assistant had to inform her of. She seemed impatient that I was interrupting her schedule and finished the procedure. Then her assistant had me lay on my side for a while and drink orange juice through a straw until my vitals improved. I never saw Dr. Knapp during this or at any time after the procedure. I have a high pain threshold - have had teeth drilled without anesthetic and gave birth to my daughter with no drugs. Today I had another colposcopy along with IUD removal with another OB/GYN and it was virtually painless. Dr. Knapp has no compassion and goes about her work like a robot. And somehow she made a relatively painless procedure into one of the most painful experiences of my life. I'm just grateful that she didn't deliver my daughter.

|  AWFUL  |  show details
by Sandy on Jul 14th, 2009

Excessive waits for every prenatal appointment, disregarded everything I said. I did Lamaze and she would break my concentration and make me look at her This is was my 3rd child for which I used Lamaze methods to control pain. Dr Knapp would grab and turn my head if I was looking towards my focal point and not her when she entered the room during labor (extremely painful). She repeatedly tried to send my husband from the delivery room, he and I both refused which angered her. I had a 3rd degree episiotomy for a premature, 4# baby, suffered hyperventilation during labor due to pain/panic she caused. Checked my cervix midcontraction multiple times. Told me the baby would probably not survive all many times during the delivery.