Dr. Kristine Zelenkov MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 26th, 2013
A person who cares
Dr. Zelenkov is one of the friendliest, most caring doctors I have had the pleasure of meeting. She listens and takes time to treat you like a person. She also is thorough and thoughtful in how she presents information. I highly recommend her.

June 29th, 2013
Will not see this doctor again. Wait time was unacceptable. Did not like her forcing vegetarianism and zumba down my throat. Way too much time spent talking about her diet and exercise ideals. Gave up halfway through the visit trying to interject my reason for being at the visit and decided I would just find someone else, and let her talk away about herself while I pretended to listen. Wasted time and wasted money.

April 26th, 2013
Best doctor for VBAC's
I love Dr. Zelenkov! She was very patient and honest with me the entire time I was seeing her. I was attempting a VBAC and she answered all my questions and I never once doubted her. Most doctors will induce you as soon as you pass your due date, but not Dr. Z. She let me go 10 days over my due date and thankfully labor started naturally. I never once questioned the safety of my baby because she would do stress tests and also monitor the amniotic fluid to make sure everything was ok. Because she let me wait until my body was ready for labor I only pushed twice and it was a beautiful process for me and my husband. I am still in shock that I successfully had a VBAC and how easy it was. I did have to wait to be seen at some of my appointments, but I understand because she is a doctor and women go into labor at random times. She is worth the wait!

February 27th, 2013
Amazing Dr.
I transferred to Dr. Zelenkov late in my pregnancy as I wanted a VBAC and the Circle of Life docs all pushed for C-Section. I did a lot of research prior to the transfer, but still had hesitations due to a couple of reviews read. However, I can say with certainty being 4 months post-partum now that I wouldn't go to anyone else after having been in Dr. Zelenkov's care. I'd say she's a very patient and woman-centered advocate. She truly believes in the intuition of mothers and will listen to you 100%. I wanted to do a homebirth potentially, which she was supportive of. In the end, I had an extremely long labor and transferred to the hospital. As I was a VBAC she had to be present throughout my labor per hospital regulations. She came in at 7:30 pm and stayed with me through the night until I delivered at 6:30 am after a total of 30 hours in labor. She was then on call from 8:30 that morning for the next 24 hours! She never pushed me for a c-section, she was very attentive to watching my condition as well as the baby & I felt she was really focused on doing what was best for ME. I think most other doctors would have called for a c-section a few hours in for their own convenience. I think she is the rare doctor that is more concerned about her patients than herself. I felt she was fully up-to-date on the latest research and was incredibly supportive VBAC's. I was told by another Dr. at the hospital that she's probably the most pro-VBAC practitioner in the area, I'd agree. Absolutely recommended!

November 29th, 2012
Excellent
Dr. Zelenkov is very matter-of-fact, pragmatic, and experienced. She won't advocate anything that is unnecessary. She is very supportive of natural childbirth and in the delivery room, her calm authority is very reassuring. I'm so glad I chose her.

September 10th, 2012
Undecided. . .
I am torn on how to feel about Dr. Zelenkov. I thought I liked her for my very first visit with her when I first found out I was pregnant. I am 6 months along now, and with every passing visit I felt like she cared less and less about me and my pregnancy, this is my first pregnancy and I have no idea what I am doing. I know that I am not a high risk pregnancy, nor do I demand much attention because I am a quieter person, but still- I felt so unimportant to her and her staff. Obviously she is not bad all around because other patients absolutely adore her, but in my situation I did not enjoy my experience with her.

August 14th, 2012
I did not receive good and compassionate care from this doctor. I would not recommend this doctor to a friend or family member.

May 28th, 2012
long wait times
Be prepared to wait 1-3 hours.

May 6th, 2012
Amazing VBAC with Dr Z!
I usually have to wait to see Dr Z, but she is worth it! I met her at a health fair and she spent 45 minutes thoroughly answering all my questions. I badly wanted a VBAC and she was super supportive. Even though I wasn't a patient at that point, she contacted a perinatologist on my behalf to discuss my VBAC candidacy. She was great during my pregnancy and even though she had a patient in labor at the same time as me in a different hospital, she went back and forth and when she was gone she had someone cover for her. I had a long labor (over 24 hours) she was patient and supportive. I couldn't ask for a better OB!

February 28th, 2012
Great Doctor!!!
I was having some problems-not related to a pregnancy and just picked Dr. Zelenkov by chance. I'm so glad I did! She is very caring and gentle and I love the fact that even though I'm not pregnant right now and not trying she still provided me with information that will be important when I am trying. I highly recommend her-the wait to see her is kind of long, but I understand why, so absolutely no complaints from me!

November 22nd, 2011
problem child
This is by far the very best Dr in the state of Utah she is very caring and she will be with you from the beginning to the end even when she goes on vacation you can rest of sure she will leave you in great hands and if things get worst why she on vacation she will see about. A doctor who really cares and do ALL thats needed and she treat you as a person a friend. I know longer live in Utah since having Dr. Z for a Doctor I"ve never found any other doctor that could come close to her. As you can tell I miss my Doctor

August 19th, 2011
Needs Educated on Mental Health Issues
Let me first say she was 3 hours behind . . . I believe she is a competent medical Dr. Except here is where I believe she lacks in education that she should Have as an OB/GYN. I have PTSD that is from Childhood Sexual Abuse, When I mentioned to her some of my difficulties and trying to make my experience with her as least traumatic as possible she said that Ladies who have seen her get worse in Therapy and that after all I have 4 kids so life couldn't have been so bad so far. When she asked about my relations with my husband I had told her right now its 2-3 times a month and her comments was . . . . poor husband look at what you are doing to him . . . She gave me this big lecture about my weight . . . Which depression during my cycle was one issue I was trying to discuss with her and she absolutely didn't cover it or what Birth Control options we had to reduce my 14 day cycle. She had her own agenda and then as I was leaving she said . . Oh do you have an questions (when standing in the hall) . . . I had actually typed them all up and given them to her . . . I would have not minded the wait if she was an awesome Dr . .. But not worth the wait . . .