Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  social worker  |  show details
by Trish on Dec 17th, 2014

I had suffered a serious shoulder injury due to an assault. Dr. Aalderink sent a damaging report advising my injury was more likely due to aging, not assault. He sent it to the perpetrator's attorney without my knowledge or consent. She is clearly lying to the court and refuses a polygraph test. There is a serious breach of patient confidentiality and the "Do no Harm" guidelines were seriously ignored in this situation. What I do not understand is why he even sent the letter, (he had no obligation to help the opposing attorney) and put the best interests of the perpetrator over his own patient? Medical proof is unnecessary if a polygraph is taken and the truth is substantiated. I offered to take one as well because I know the assault took place at the hospital and had emergency treatment immediately afterwards.

|  Hip surgery - Outstanding results  |  show details
by Linda S. on Jun 24th, 2014

In March of 2014, I tried not to fall in my driveway which was covered with ice and snow. I am a very active 51 year old, and I exercise daily. My athletic background includes gymnastics and track and field. Apparently, this near-fall was the straw that broke the camel's back, and the result was a torn hip labrum. Surgery was required, and I was referred to Dr. Aalderink. I was able to see him within one week, and surgery was available within the week. Dr. Aalderink is very progressive and knowledgeable, and he spent an abundance of time with me, answering all questions thoroughly. Due to Dr. Aalderink using a femoral nerve block, I experienced very little pain after the out - patient procedure. It is now 12 days post surgery, I am off crutches and starting PT today. I cannot thank Dr. Aalderink enough for his care, and I would highly recommend him due to his accurate diagnosis, excellent bedside manner, and willingness to be progressive in the field.

|  Wonderful Surgeon  |  show details
by Christina D McKee on Apr 27th, 2013

He was easy to talk to and he explained things very well, so that I understood exactly what was wrong and what he was going to do. He never talked down to or at you.....always to you and made sure you understood without making you feel inferior. He was very attentive at the hospital and introduced the anesthetist to me and he also followed up with phone calls at home after the procedure.

|  Dr. Aalderink Great Orthopedic Surgeon!  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2012

Dr. Aalderink performed surgery on my hip and the results were phenomenal. I was a former competitive Marathon runner and my career was cut short. After 20 years, Dr. Aalderink recommended a surgery for hip impingement, and allowed me to return to running pain free.I would highly recommend Dr. Aalderink!

|  show details
Dec 8th, 2010

I felt he was very thorough in the diagnosis and was willing to communicate in a caring way. He let me ask all my questions numerous time. After my surgery he met my husband and showed him all the pictures of my knee taken during surgery. Although he is young, I would not hesitate to recommend him.