Dr. Kul Gupta Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kul Gupta?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Dissatisfied

August 5th, 2017

Second opinion? Why, perhaps says Gupta.

I asked this doctor if I should get a second opinion, and Gupta seemed annoyed! I was disgusted by his attitude! I see so many awesome psychiatrists who treat us as more than patients and even those suffering from addiction. They know what is best for us, Dr. Gupta seemed even perhaps irritated just because I wanted another doctor to give me another perspective, he did seem perhaps rushed, or perhaps not. But still, I will be taking my care needs elsewhere! I want another opinion even almost three years on!

April 21st, 2016

Professional

This is the worst doctor ever he should never be aloud to work with anyone that has a addiction issue as he has no compassion, understanding of human experiences. I don't know why anyone would work with him or refer him. I have never encountered someone worse as a professional and a patient that needed him four years ago this man is the worst ever! He has no idea the damage he causes by his lack of humane treatment. I have never forgot what he has done and someday this man will look back and have to look at himself. What a shame to the profession of addiction and mental health. It is typical of him to say "they are seeking drugs" without understanding the patient at all or caring to know what they face. Shame on you Dr. Gupta. You are not a good person.

January 8th, 2016

incompetence extreme

This is an incompetent physician who ignores patients and is abusive to patients and medical staff. He reflects the worst in psychiatry. His dismissive attitude extends not only to patients but to the physicians who attempt to discuss their patient's treatment. He is a detriment to the practice of medicine and presents a risk to patients that he "treats". The post that said he should surrender his license should be taken seriously by the institutions that utilize him. Rating: NEGATIVE 5 stars

December 11th, 2015

Worst psychiatrist ever. More concerned with his control over your life than about your well being. Know at least 10 people that refuse psychiatric care because of falling victim to him. Dont walk...RUN if they issue him out as your doctor. Do not EVER allow him to be in charge of your care.

October 29th, 2015

The BWC scheduled me for an appt. with a Dr. Kul Gupta, in Toledo, Ohio, at 3:30 pm I arrived 30 minutes ahead as paperwork normally needs to be filled out for new clients. The receptionist never acknowledged my arrival, as she was engulfed in watching a video on the office PC. I signed in and sat down with 4 other clients. More clients entered and sat down. 1 hour passed and nobody was called in or left the exam area. I finally asked when we might get in to see the Dr. She said he wasn't on location and didn't know where he was. She said she paged him 3 x but got no response. She was very rude and displayed no sympathy for the clients that had been waiting before me. I finally left without having seen the Dr. I complained to the Ohio BWC about the incident and they are currently investigating my complaint.

August 25th, 2015

Legal Administrative Specialist

My husband was diagnosed with Schizophrenia recently and admitted him self for help. He became Dr. Gupta's patient by default. This man would not talk to me even though I have a Durable Power of Attorney over my husband. My father-in -law called him and he was rude, stated that Power of Attorney's mean nothing (he better rethink that when he renews his medical liability insurance) and screamed that he was off the case and hung up. Glad to get rid of him! He literally washed his hands of my very ill husband. He should face charges!

July 28th, 2015

His secretary if VERY RUDE all the time to everyone. He is always late, makes 2:30 appointments and doesn't show up till 3:30. He is quick and short, cuts you off when you try to talk to him for counseling. Never had referred me to a counselor, although my pain clinic pych suggested it. Very good at diagnosis, working with prescriptions to alter them to work for you, he knows his stuff. Just wish there would be improvement on the rest. I missed like 6 months of appointments and he NEVER called.

July 1st, 2015

12 years his patient

I saw him for 12 years for bi polar before I decided to go off my meds. Big mistake. He makes it hard to go back to him. It is impossible to find another dr. Lonest wait was 2.5 hrs. He has to many patients and I don't know how he can help them all. Meds he gave me mad me mean and my husband hated him. I was told to divorce him. I could function somewhat OK with the meds he prescribed. I would go back in a second to see him but I doubt he would take me back despite what my husband thinks of him and what the meds did to me. Impossible to find another dr. I am sure I will end up in the hospital again. No treatment is perfect and there are many side effects. I wish I was told what to expect as far as side effects.

June 18th, 2015

I'm not even a patient there. I was calling for a friend and receptionist hung up on me twice. I asked if they take the insurance and instead of answering me she asked what services I need and informed me they don't do the service I was looking for then hung up before I could ask anymore questions. Called back and asked for her name and refused to give it to me. Hung up again. I called for the 3rd time and asked for office manager and she stated there is no manager but if I leave a name and number she would have someone call me back. Still refusing to give me her name. Wouldn't even tell me who will be calling back. This is not a good impression and now seeing everyones reviews I'm glad she treated me like that.

June 18th, 2015

Need treatment for suicidal ideation

I had a hard time finding a psychiatrist who took my insurance. I finally managed to get in with Dr Gupta. They are not open Wednesday, but I was informed Wednesday that I would be admitted for emergency surgery. I called to reschedule my appointment. I was told rudely that despite it being an emergency they would not reschedule me. I told them to cancel the appointment but I bet money they'll charge a no show. I hope that the secretary remembers her treatment of me when I end up offing myself because I have zero recourse for med management.

October 9th, 2014

No other word, but deplorable!! I don't know how this man looks in the mirror

September 29th, 2013

Terrible bedside manner! My mother wanted to go off of Xanax after being on it for over ten years. He abruptly pulled her off of it without weaning her off slowly as recommended by any other doctor we have talked to. She began having awful withdrawal. I am a nurse and when I checked her blood pressure at home it was 234/120. My father and I took her to the emergency department and they could not believe how he managed her Xanax. They admitted her to the cardiac unit and he showed up yelling at my mother telling her she was seeking narcotics. She had never asked for anything like that. As a nurse that works in an emergency department, I will make sure I pass along to anyone I know that this doctor is terrible!