Dr. Kumkum Modwel MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Newtown, CT

3.9

January 11th, 2017
very thorough easy to talk to and she listens very pleased

January 8th, 2016
Dr. Modwel is a solid Family Practioner. I wouldn't call her Dr. House, but she is a good doc. I've read the negative reviews re: the office staff, but I think they are pretty good. I moved here from Southern CA where everyone is in a good mood most of the time, so I think the folks in the office basically reflect the CT or NE personality...matter of fact, to the point and a bit surly. So what, they get the job done and everyone in CT is like that.

August 7th, 2015
Dr. took wonderful care of me. I had no idea how serious was my problem. All turned out just fine with the attention received from Dr. Modwel.

May 27th, 2015
Great staff but zero follow up by Dr. Modwel
Staff was amazing!! I've left 3 messages for the doctor after an adverse reaction to prescription a week ago and have not heard a word from her nor any of her staff. Zero follow up to my concerned calls. Won't be going back.

February 8th, 2014
Amazing doctor
Dr.Modwel treated me with the best of care & I trust her completely, I highly recommend her. She's been life saving for me !

August 1st, 2012
Doesn't listen
Questioning some of her medical judgement

May 22nd, 2012
Not A Good ListenerNot
Dr. Modwell diagnosed me with asthma even though I had told her that another doctor (in the same practice) had done so and the inhaler did me no good. I had a chronic cough for years at this point. She prescribed the inhaler anyway! Finally, later, after going to the hospital for chest X-rays, and visiting a lung specialist (all out-of-pocket expenses for me totaling thousands of dollars), the lung doctor diagnosed me with POST NASAL DRIP, gave me a nose spray, and the years of suffering ended.

February 9th, 2012
Great Physician !

October 20th, 2010
A doctor and then some
Dr. Modwel looks at the whole patient and will talk about various aspects of your life that aren't directly medicinal. Her diagnosis of my ehrlichiosis, when other doctors in the hospital had no clue, was nothing less that lifesaving for me.

September 25th, 2009
Great diagnosis
I have been treated many times for my symptoms but was never evaluated properly.Dr Modwel tested me and found that I had Babesioses.She has treated me and I feel well.

July 24th, 2009
Tests can help diagnose illnesses!!
One person complains that she orders too many tests. I completely, 100-percent disagree. I switched to Dr. Modwel after my previous doctor (well-rated on here, but failed to diagnose me) ran out of tests to do on me, even though she and I both knew something was very wrong. My previous tests included thyroid function. At my very first appointment, during which my husband and I laid out my strange, frustrating history and Dr. Modwel listened carefully, she DID order a slew of new tests, including an ultrasound of my thyroid, where she felt a large lump.Fast-forward to now: I had thyroid cancer, symptomatic (trouble swallowing and symptoms that are anything but textbook). Because my conglomeration of strange symptoms didn't fit the definition of thyroid disease or cancer, it was never considered until Dr. Modwel's "slew of tests" found it.Before you screech about the number of tests... have them done and see if you're still so sure they were a waste of time and money.

March 7th, 2009
scary
Stay away. She is surgery and test happy.She referred me to a surgeon without even examining that part of my body.She ordered $1000 worth of blood tests and didn't even look at half of them until I asked her to. I was double charged for an office visit and a preventative exam just because I talked about an issue during that yearly exam. How crazy is that? Stay away.