Dr. Kuo Ooi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kuo Ooi?

November 29th, 2013

A disappointment

Look elsewhere if you have serious issues or expect any sort of empathy.

May 10th, 2013

Not recommended

The man is cold, and God help you if you need an urgent referral from this office.

September 16th, 2012

former pt.

I think Dr. Ooi, is a better doctor for men then women. I am in the room when my husband has appointments. He spends more time and seems more concerned.He gives recommendations regarding his diet and health for a long life whilst husband has BP norm blood work norm and norm weight, no heart disease in family. I on the other hand had/have uncontrolled High BP, have had a stroke, family history of heart disease on both mother and father side of family. Eventhough, I ask more then once he never referred me to a cardiologist. Prior to Dr Ooi I had been seeing one for years... when I lived in a different state.My main reason for quitting this office was to get referred to a cardiologist. It costs a bit more but with AARP I can refer myself to a specialist. Dr Ooi's staff does not follow through with getting blood work or prior medical records. When I brought it up and tried to get it done,I was treated with resentment and it would not get done.I think Dr Ooi is intelligent and well educated but if you know you have a problem...he seems to want you to get tests and he is concerned about something else that he comes up with...something that was not an issue for me. Spent a lot of time on test for something while the real problem was never addressed successfully. I had to wait for so long to get an appointment (blood clot in leg)(4 weeks one time)I would end up going to Urgent care, meanwhile my husband always got in within a week.They have a phone ans system to leave a message for the doctor, however neither I or my husband ever got called back.Perhaps, it just comes down to not being on the same page and need to move on when not a good fit. Doctor can be good for one patient and not another.

September 3rd, 2012

The office doesn't over book so my appointment is always on time. When Dr. Ooi sees me he actually spends time to go over everything and make sure he figures out exactly what is causing my issues. He's amazing and I recommend him to everyone

April 23rd, 2012

Accountant

I had total of 4 different family doctors in the past and Dr. Ooi is my 5th doctor and I have to say I love Dr. Ooi to the fact that he took his time listening to me when I have concern about my health issues and he always really clear when he gave the answer. It shows that he is really care about his patient and it is important that his patient understand about our own health . His office staffs are friendly and nice, the best part is I never have to wait more than 10 minutes to see him.

February 14th, 2012

Good doctor, poor office management

Dr. Ooi is a conscientious and competent GP. Unfortunately, he is hampered by staff and office procedures that are lacking and possibly by being overbooked. Specifically, insurance referral authorization requests are not made in a timely manner, even when the need is urgent. Also, when he is not in, the only appointment staff will make for an urgent problem is to a PA, not another doctor. I guess if one has a serious emergency, the only option is an ER. Conclusion: this office is appropriate only for routine, preventative healthcare, not for patients with serious or chronic issues--a shame, because Ooi himself is good.

September 12th, 2011

Dr. Ooi is great. One problem...his assistant is condescending and lazy. She says she makes referral appointments and doesn't. The tone of this woman on the phone is like nails on a chalk board. I like Dr. Ooi, I value his opinion. I have been going to Rocklin family practice now for 7 years...not any more. My last 2 experiences with this woman are enough. I am 100% done with this place.

September 7th, 2011

Went to see this Doctor on the advice of another physician for his opinion and advice on a long standing medical condition related to internal medicine. Once he entered the exam room, his body language and verbal communication with me was filled with irritation, rudeness, and lack of care. Whenever I tried to explain my condition, answer a question, or elaborate, he would cut me off. In my opinion, this was one the most uncomfortable Medical visits I have ever had.

November 16th, 2016