Dr. Kurt Helgerson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kurt Helgerson?

December 7th, 2015

I have been a challenging patient of Dr. Helgerson for 15 years. The only issue I had was with the software that could not a 6 month appointment. That has been addressed. He has always been kind to me and an effective provider.

May 2nd, 2014

Legal drug dealer

He comes in the room and you have about 30 seconds before he starts writing a script for something.

August 19th, 2012

Does he really care about my health?

I'm greeted very cordially when he comes into the examining room, without an apology for my long wait. He sits down, opens the computer and starts going through test results. He finishes, closes the computer and stands up. I'm never asked how I've been feeling, do I have any concerns or do I have any questions. Only do I need any prescriptions refilled. Of course I have questions and concerns. I'm over 80, Im sad and sometimes depressed, I've gained over 20 pounds in the last year. I've seen him twice during this time and he has never mentioned the weight gain. This information is is right up front, along with my BP, which he notices because it is usually higher than it should be. How could it be otherwise? I dread these office visits.

February 20th, 2012

Listens to what I have to say and my opinions and never is condescending towards me. Helps me find alternative methods to control my diagnoses, along with medications.

Secretary of State?

I personally feel like I'm at the secretary of state, pick a number or on an assembly line. (next please!) Dr. Helgerson rushes in and rushes out. He doesn't always listen and seems to have his mind on other things, I don't feel that I'm getting his undivided attention during my visit. Very sad for a professional environment. Kind regards!

Mr. John Leeger

I've been seeing Dr. Helgerson for eight years or so. His counsel has always been excellent. I trust his advice. When dealing with him, I feel like I am talking with a trusted friend. The clinic he works for, ProMed, is well-run and well-staffed. On the rare occasion when I couldnt see Dr. Helgerson, I have been impressed with his co-workers. I cant recommend Dr. Helgerson too highly.

Great experience

No wait, easy to get in and get out.Doctor was very helpful and took time to answer all quesitons and suggest a convenient pharmacy with very little waiting time for prescriptions prescribed.Was a very good experience and even asked the doctor to become my primary physician.

February 8th, 2012

Very nice doctor and staff

September 24th, 2011

If you want drugs he is your man

He seems to prefer easy diagnoses. If it gets too tough for him he is eager to prescribe "happy pills" or anything to get you off his back. I feel bad for his patients because they won't get the care they deserve.Just drugs.

March 9th, 2011

Great Doctor

I have had several doctors over the past and Dr. Helgerson is head and shoulders above the rest. I have taken a job out of town and Dr. H is working with my schedule to get me in when I need to. Oh, and check this out. When I got my new job, he sent a letter to my home congratulating me and wished me the best. Have you ever herd anything like that from a doctor? I highly reccomond this great doctor.

October 14th, 2010

AVOID

This doc claimed to be a lesion expert. He removed tumor from me and I think I could have used a lot more anesthetic so I didn't feel so much pain during surgery. Then the trouble began. I went back because my incision was oozing puss, my limb was red and swollen, and I had a fever. He yelled, "I told you to use Neosporin!" I replied that I was, just as he'd ordered.Then he got out some antibiotic ointment and told me he'd show me how to use it properly. "It's so easy even a child could do it," he said nastily, and demonstrated putting some on his finger and applying it topically. "See how easy it is?"Two days later, my entire leg was swollen and red. My incision had burst open. I was shivering constantly and vomiting. I went to the ER where they took me seriously. Six doctors were called in, and told me I had GANGRENE. They wanted to removed most of my lower leg, including my TIBIA. I begged to try antibiotics first and they gave me 12 hours, but told me there could be severe consequences if the antibiotics failed. Thank GOD they worked. They told me I was extremely lucky. They said if I had waited another six hours to go to the ER, I would have had to have immediate surgery to remove the necrotic tissue and bone. Helgerson told me I would be healed in 7-10 days after the surgery. It took 2 1/2 months to heal. I had a hole in my leg for many weeks that would not heal, and finally I discovered a marble-sized object in the hole, and once that was removed the skin healed over in two days.I ended up with a large scar where the incision burst open. It's been a year and a half, and I still have a slight infection that will not respond to drugs.

May 25th, 2016