Dr. Kurt Kennel MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

November 19th, 2015
I am looking forward to having Dr. Kennel follow my progress with the alendronate for my decrease in bone density. His explanation to me that my recent weight loss likely caused my bone density to drop was very helpful to me as well as his advice to me that proper weight would be more important than the small decrease in bone density. All conversation with him was in language that I could understand and his rate of speech was moderate so that I could follow his conversation. At my age of 70 I have found that if information is given too rapidly, it is difficult to follow and I remember less of it. It is great that in general Mayo physicians do not need to rush from one patient to the next. Dr. Kennel suggested that alendronate could be used but he sought out how I felt about using medication. In general I like to understand treatment alternatives with the pros and cons of each so that I can participate in the decisions. He definitely did this. He explained when the next DEXA scan would be scheduled. Because I enjoy gym activities and also enjoy a variety of physical recreational pursuits, I sought his advice about which would be reasonable for my age and bone density. A fellow senior gym member mentioned to me the other day that she would rather die in a bike accident at 85 than to sit in a rocking chair with aches and pains from inactivity. I agree and it was good to get Dr. Kennel's ideas about biking, snow shoeing, hiking, etc and also to be able to transmit his advice to my adult daughter. Dr. Kennel offered helpful information about protein needs for women my age which I very much appreciate. Due to restrictions of Medicare coverage, I never get as much nutrition information as I would like. Dr. Kennel seems like another of Mayo's very seasoned physicians whose sensitivity to patient needs is exceptional. I feel very confident that I will get excellent and thorough care from him.

March 10th, 2017