Dr. Kurt Kessler MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Garden City, KS

November 26th, 2013
A Wonderful Surgeon!
When you are faced with a difficult decision like whether or not to have surgery, you have to rely on the education of another to guide you. You have to place your trust and your life in the hands of another person. It's scary. Dr. Kurt Kessler saved my life. That's just the simple truth. He saved me. I listened to his advice and followed it, and I'm alive today because of that decision. He is a skilled surgeon. He was in my room twice a day, every day, after the surgery. He listened to my needs as an individual and acted in my best interests as my physician. He went above and beyond to get permission to perform a second surgery I needed, but that was just outside the philosophy of the hospital guidelines. He went to those hospital administrators in my behalf and helped them understand my needs. He obtained permission to perform the second surgery I needed. He didn't have to do that. He could have sent me to another surgeon. It would have been easier to do so. I'm thankful that he did not, that he took care of me personally. Another simple truth? He's kinda gruff. He looks about as friendly as a grizzly bear with a bee in it's ear. Don't be fooled by the exterior. He is a kind, compassionate man and a highly skilled physician. I would not hesitate to seek his assistance again should the need arise. So far, thanks to him, it has not. I highly recommend Dr. Kurt Kessler. ~~ Signed - A breast cancer patient - five years and 4 months after surgery occurred.

May 9th, 2012