Dr. Kurt Kitziger MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 1st, 2016
I believe this Dr. is competent in the procedures he performs. However, I am highly disappointed in the aftercare treatment. I was just denied a refill on pain medication and referred to pain management 10 days after having tibia plateau hardware removed. I have an eight inch long incision and nine holes in my bone and I can't get a refill on pain medication 10 days post op? Seriously? I understand that Dr's now have restrictions on medications, but this is NOT proper aftercare for a post op treatment. I would certainly understand if I was 6-8 weeks post op, but 10 days? That's just not right.

September 1st, 2016
This doctor is condescending and lacks compassion. He is also old fashioned and needs to read up on newer therapies and rheumatologist diseases since they affect joints as well. Would not recommend him. He is cold and rude.

October 1st, 2015
Lacks compassion. Doesn't seem to care about you unless you have a surgical problem.

October 1st, 2015
Argued with me about my other rheumatologic diagnosis treated by other specialists. Clearly did not know what he was talking about. Made me feel beneath him. Very uncaring and horrible bedside manner. Would never trust him to operate on me.

August 30th, 2014
Great doctor and team
Dr. Is thorough and spot on with diagnosis ... His staff is amazing- friendly and professional

August 24th, 2013
The office is busy, as one would expect from a doctor with his level of expertise. His staff was very helpful and my hip replacement was amazing- my pain was finally relieved.

February 14th, 2013
Abandoned after surgery
After knee replacement surgery, Dr. Kitziger abandons patients and never sees them again. This is violent and painful surgery, but I was released from the hospital and sent home without any sort of release orientation or information on what to expect, how to identify a serious 'issue' or how to deal with pain. The Dr.'s PA Kate later told me that their release package had not been working for a month. The home health company I had been communicating with (as directed by the office) did not contact me but instead another company took over my case. Therapist clearly knew little or nothing about knee replacement rehab. Nobody from Dr. K's office calls to check on you and Kate took several days to refill the pain medication. I had to rely on the internet and the to understand how to handle the pain and recovery. After the surgery I never again saw Dr. K and the return visit is with the PA rather than the surgeon. Moreover, when a serious issue developed and I asked to see the physician, Kate gave me an appointment with HER, a week later. I'm very disappointed in the services offered by this office.

May 14th, 2012
Highly Efficient but Questions of Effectiveness
Dr. Kitziger's office is highly "efficient". So efficient,in fact that, at each visit, I felt like a Bell Pepper placed on a conveyor belt at the grocery store-- being efficiently conveyed from the entry point &, finally, processed out the exit door. "Effectiveness" is a different story, however.Face time with the doctor is less than it should be (should be at least 15 mins/visit). Expertise in diagnostics is not what one would expect from a doctor with demonstrated technical ability in joint replacement. I recommend Dr. K only for patients who have a simple joint replacement issue -- as he seems to lack patience in dealing w/ complex medical histories or for giving adequate time to patients experiencing multiple health considerations. At least that was my experience with Dr. Kitziger.

February 17th, 2011
Hip Replacement
Dr. Kitizer and his staff were very efficient and competent with my hip replacement. My insurance was expertly handled and the surgery a success.