Family Physicians
Urgent Medical & Family Care Pa
102 Pomona Dr
Greensboro, NC 27407
336-299-0000
Locations and availability (1)

|  Greatest Doctor In Town - GSO  |  show details
by Donna Bowman on May 30th, 2013

On a scale from 1-10 I would give this doctor a 10! His knowledge and background in medicine have truly impressed me. He has the greatest bedside manner of any doctor I have been around since moving to GSO in 1991. He takes his time with you and answers any questions and always follows up with you on lab work. The biggest problem I have is trying to reach him when he is in the office due to the front desk staff at the Urgent Medical walk-in and/or appointment clinic.

|  Great help  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2013

He had a great bedside manner. Came in to the urgent care for the 5th time with what felt like another case of Bronchitis...found out that I have subluxated ribs. He was honest and open with me about the options for someone with bad insurance (like me) and even prescribed swimming in a therapy pool to help with the pain (as well as suggesting a place near me that is inexpensive)! I will also be looking up a D.O. that he suggested to help put my ribs back in place, but have already started the swimming exercises he showed me...and they work! I have been going to doctors and been getting a diagnosis of Bronchitis, Pneumonia, etc. and put on lots of inhalers and pills for 4 years now. It is a huge relief for someone to listen when I say "That stuff hasn't been helping AT ALL." Thank you so much for being an amazing doctor and for helping me start the healing process to get back to my old self. He was super helpful, polite and answered all of my questions calmly and patiently.

|  show details
May 30th, 2012

Dr. Lauenstein was a very nice doctor. I saw him when I went to urgent care. He has excellent bedside manner and a very sweet demeanor. He seemed very knowledgable. Thank you Dr. K.

|  Has NO SYMPATHKurt/KNOWLEDGE if you have mental/psychological illness.  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2012

He is by far the RUDEST doctor I have ever encountered. His name is "Kurt" and he definitely is curt. I consulted with him concerning panic attacks. He seemed to think that this is not a real condition. One of his partners stupidly gave me TOO MUCH medicine and I had, of course, a bad reaction. (Shaking, nervousness, etc.) and instead of being reassuring or positive, he was just mean. He subsequently was asked to leave this particular family practice because of his terrible communication skills and bad bedside manner. He was a total and complete a$$.

|  Good Experience  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2009

I had a great experience at my first appointment with Dr. Lauenstein. I suspected I had an ulcer caused by bacteria I had picked up from some bad fast-food restaurant, and Dr. Lauenstein had a staff member take a blood sample to test for the antigens. While I was there, I also got a flu shot. The staff is great, the office is easy to get to, and I must have gone on exactly the right day at exactly the right time because I only waited 5 minutes while I filled out my initial background health history paperwork.