Surgeons, Orthopaedic Surgeon
2841 Debarr Rd
Ste 23
Anchorage, AK 99508
907-771-3500
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  Great and credible doctor!  |  show details
by Swimmer for Life on Jul 10th, 2013

I was referred to see Dr. Mentzer for a WC injury. The appointment was made the day after I called, the surgery was one week after that and the follow up care has been amazing. Dr. Mentzer takes time to explain all of the details of the injury, the possible causes and how to fix them. His bedside manner was wonderful - he is very professional and takes the time to treat patients with great care. He certainly did a fantastic job helping me fix my injury and I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking care for orthopedic issues in the Anchorage area. Dr. Mentzer provides a level of care you won't get at any other practice in town - you are not a number being pushed out the door to make the doctor money but a real patient. I feel blessed that I got the referral to see Dr. Mentzer.

|  Dr. Mentzer listens! and knows his stuff!  |  show details
May 2nd, 2013

After a mis-diagnosis and mis-treatment at another clinic in Anchorage, I sought the help of Dr. Mentzer. I am so relieved I did. He took the time to listen to my story and the treatment (wrong treatment) I had received to date, following a MVA 6 months ago. After paying attention to what I was saying, doing an exam that didn't cause more pain, Dr. Mentzer went over my xrays with me. He saw what 2 other doctors and 1 orthopedic PA missed- quickly and easily. Thanks to Dr. Mentzer, I can now get the right treatment for my injury because now I know what the actual injury is. He was very reassuring, heard what I was saying, was compassionate and didn't rush through the appointment. Highly, highly recommended.

|  show details
Jan 26th, 2011

Dr. Mentzer is one of the most caring doctors I have met in a long time. He takes the time needed to insure all questions are answered, and that you are comfortable with the situation you are in. He went above and beyond to help me get through my situation. I will never forget his courteous efforts. Thank you Dr. Mentzer.