Dr. Kurt Martin MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Carbondale, IL

4.8

November 9th, 2015
Dr martin has changed'after being his patiant almost eighteen years i have noticed a sibstantial change.he used to help with no questions asked but his knowledge of abrain patient is teslly lacking.

November 10th, 2014
Dr. Martin he's the best always concerned about your health.

March 3rd, 2014
Patient
Dr. Martin is our families primary physician and has been for a number of years. From the beginning, I've always liked his ways, mannerisms, and the overall way which he practices medicine. He is personable, makes me feel at ease, and he treats me like a person as well as a friend. I have several ongoing problems that vary in severity. That being said, when he needs to get his point across about something important, he is serious and to the point. He spends as much time that is necessary to take care of me. He is confident in his diagnosis and in my opinion does not do unnecessary testing. Dr. Martin pays attention to detail as can be seen when he does phone dictation about the appointment from memory. I think its good to do this with the patient still in the room, so if something needs clarifying it can be done right then. He is a very competent physician and I am fortunate to be his patient.

September 14th, 2011
What I see in Dr. Martin
My family and I have had several family practitioneers over the years. Since we changed to doctor Martin, which was at the reference of one of our prior retired physicians, our care has improved to the point that its hard to explain. He is one the the smartest people we have ever met, yet very down to earth. He dictates his notes over the phone while you are sitting on the table. The information he recites by memory and the speed is incredible. Often he gets flustered about something that you have told him, kind of puts the dictaation on hold, while he is staring at you to finish his sentence. Its usually an address or something. There are times we have had to go to another walkin clinic over the weekend only to end up at his office the first of the week. He is not a bit afraid to point out a misdiagnosis or incorrect medication that was prescribed. He can also be very blunt with you about what you should not be doing. Every time he sees my 16 year old daughter he gives very stern warnings regarding teenage boys and the one thing that they are interested in. He'll often tell a somewhat salty joke to us all to get his point across. Every time someone asks who our family physician is and i tell them, they always say you are lucky to have gotten him. Other doctors say similar and that we are in good hands. We are all proud to have him as our doctor.

March 9th, 2011
Dr is wonderful but his case load is full. Cannot get in with him when you need to but you can leave messages for him & he will call you at home if needed. Waiting is a big problem because he will take the time needed with all his patients. This is a good thing....

January 14th, 2011
One of the best in this area
In demand, possibly unlikely to take on new patients easily, but worth the effort as he is one of the most knowledgeable and dedicated family doctors around.Continually stays on top of conditions and past experience of our family when anything new comes up. Was willing to work with us to identify thyroid issues that others passed off based on untrustworthy lab-results-only analysis.