Dr. Kussay Nassr MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

February 19th, 2016
BAD
8 YRS going there many unnecessary, pill counts never had a single problem even dealing with rude nurses talking about other patients behind their backs. Then after 40 to 50 urine tests over the years, they say I tested +for marijuana ..no retest out, out,out ,,,impossible a ploy to kick patients out period......

December 28th, 2015
He is fantastic
Dr Nassr has been wonderful to me. I would recommend him in a hearbeat

October 9th, 2014
bad bad bad place and bad rating
Everyone there treats you like a druggie----- if you don't want the real hard drugs that sell on the street he doesn't want anything to do with you RUDE RUDE people get a real person for a doctor they lie and treat you like you are subhuman. If you tell them something doesn't work they want you to do a drug test or a pill count I freakin don't understand them UGH!!!!!

January 23rd, 2014
ok at first
The first year or 2 is ok an after he puts u on high doses of pain meds for years he will boot u so if u never been on pain meds before dont start by seeing him cuZ u will be sick when he ends treatment my advice stay away

October 25th, 2013
Doesn't even rate 1 star
If you enjoy being treated like a criminal for being in pain, this is the office for you! I have never experienced such a demeaning experience in my life. The waiting room is normally full of people who look like they haven't bathed in weeks, and most of them look and act intoxicated. Which reminds me, if you have good insurance, be prepared to have monthly drug tests! The doctor doesn't care at all what you have to say, and God forbid you question his treatment, or suffer any ill effects from the treatment, then he claims you do not actually need treatment and are just looking for drugs (and his staff are very happy to tell you that to your face). The staff have no respect for the patients, and refuse to take your concerns seriously. Absolutely terrible practice, I would not recommend this office to my worst enemy.

September 24th, 2013
Rude Staff
I wanted to share this with anyone with chronic pain. You all know that all we are trying to do is live a normal life, and feel as normal as possible. The last thing we need and is ignorant people being rude and not being understanding in our situations. Dr. Nassr is a great doctor however, you only get to see him once every 6 months. You can't talk to him directly, only his nursing staff. They are very pleasant on the phone when you can get though, I think I generally wait on hold about 30 minutes before I finally get through. But when you go in to the office to pick up a prescription they are very rude. They have had me in tears 2 times now. I do not recommend anyone going here unless you are strong enough to handle verbally abrasive people. You will never feel important, or that you even matter. Your just an inconvenience to them, And that's exactly how they treat people. I am now looking for a new doctor, not because of him but because of his staff.

April 29th, 2013
just checking out the reviews its bin awhile
If you notice its the new patience that r givin the GOOD reviews? thats how it begins, goodluck...:( one look at my file & he offered me alot stronger meds. whitch i said,no. But we did then agree on what would work. But man to be truthfull about yourself,ha...ha.. that could turn out to be a bad choice. He is a man that if his mind is made up to ship you out with no guts to explain why,,,, your GONE. So goodluck. Its nice to see people speak their peace of mind though:) And yes he does come off as a nice respectful MD!! just being truthful, ya know

May 5th, 2012
caring, courteous doctor
dr nassr is commited to my problems, questions and medical needs. i would recomend him to anyone that i know that suffers from chronic pain as i do.

February 2nd, 2011
Dr. Nassr
Dr. Nassr is the best by far !!! He has helped me alot with my shoulder and back pain. When told about a pain I have he's always prompt to prescribe tests and medications to make my life more comfortable....=-) His office staff have always treated me with respect as well.....this is definitely the place to go for pain relief.

October 27th, 2010
Not good! Find another doctor!
It's my belief, and the belief of others that I've spoken with who also had been a patient of his, that Dr. Nassr rates very poor in treating pain patients, and believe that he could care less about his patients and doesn't appear to care whether or not a particular treatment he prescribes is working for his patient's pain, nor cares if causes intolerable side effects or a patient concern of a medication's safety with short-term or long-term. Myself and others I've spoken to about had experienced his arrogance, disrespect to patients, and rudeness, and the same from much of the staff that works at the pain clinic department of the John P. Murtha Neuroscience and Pain Institute. (There are 'some' nice, seemingly caring, and respectful employees working there, but can't make up for the many that are very rude, and disrespectful, and also like Dr. Nassr, whose actions show that they could care less about you and your pain.A good and competent doctor who treats pain patients, and his/her staff, should always be respectful, and the doctor's first priority should be the patient and working with the patient in getting the patient's pain to the lowest level possible, and this treatment plan, having the least possible negative side effects while providing the most relief, and for their patient's additional safety and general health, keeping in mind the patient's individualized intolerance's, and any other health issues that the patient may have, and to provide for an overall treatment that best suits the individual to best improve their quality of life. Based on this, I give Dr. Nassr a rating of 1 out of a 1 to 5 rating, with 1 being the worst. The following are additional ratings that I give this doctor and pain clinic, using ratings from- very poor to very good. Again, based on my experience with, and statements that I've heard from others experience with:1. Very poor in: Caring-Compassion2. Very poor in: Communication3. Very poor in: Bedside manner4. Very poor in: Respectful to patient5. Poor in: Discussing with patient, the history of the pain problem6. Very Poor in: Performing a proper, or even adequate physical examination (especially shameful in that he has the additional training as a neurologist)7. Very poor in: Shows understanding of the patient's condition, or at least taking the time to and caring about enough to properly have a good understanding of and prescribing proper and effective treatment of.8. Low average to very Poor in: Return call time (depends on the particular staff employee. Also, I, nor any of his patients that I spoke with about, was ever able to speak with Dr. Nassr himself, even when regarding a medication and problems from.9. Good in: Cleanliness of office10. Good in: Ease of office location11. Very Good in: Parking availability12. Very Good in: Handicap accessibilityAdditional comments of Dr. Nassr's and much of the staff at this facility-Because of this doctor and the staff I also give a very poor rating in the patient leaving this facility feeling as though their condition and pain was understood by, and very poor in their treating a patient as deserving to have their pain properly and effectively treated. Instead, from what I've seen, as well as from others take that I've spoken to on the the way that patients in general are treated at this facility and by most of those working there, are as if patients are drug seeking addicts and criminals, which is a disgraceful way to run any medical facility, especially one for the treatment of patients suffering in pain, as these medical pain professionals should have a better training and understanding of legitimate pain conditions and the patients who suffer with them, and effects from, and the unjust and shameful prejudices that pain patients already are forced to endure because of the ignorance about pain, legitimate pain patients, and appropriate medications for, as well as the info on tolerance, physical dependence, and the difference between these and addiction. Note- thanks B for your help with

February 25th, 2009
He had no concern what so ever

October 30th, 2008
cocky,and not too understanding
strict, i would say not. i think he lets his power go to his head and really don,t give a hoot about some patients problems.but hey, we know what money does to people. i,m sure he has his favorites.letting people go from his practice for not so-called,not "complying" with his agreement.don,t let him fool ya,he comes off like a very nice person that cares. but his explanations i don,t get. my exp.with him made me feel worse about my self. and depressed more than before. like i was judged by a cocky dr. did not take long to find out i wasn,t the only one. and i don,t even get out much.does he ever get to know his patients and how they really feel on a daily basis.i ask for a chance to prove myself and sit down face to face. but no way was a man of his power wasting his time with a pee-on like me. thanks for "understanding" my honesty!!!!