inactive

Kusuma S Rao MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

January 18th, 2015
patient
My case may be different than most. See I already knew my condition bipolar 1.

September 24th, 2014
Not a good doctor; she's in it for the money, not the patient!
I was referred here by my primary doctor when i moved to town. I have been on the same meds for 5+ years and just needed refills, in a new state. Oh no! The meds I have are not good and in 5 minutes she knew all about my rare condition. She prescribed me 2 different medications. After 2 weeks of taking these new ones I wanted to hurt people, including myself. i knew it was these new meds and I threw them out. I found another doctor. Now I got the same meds. She billed Medicare $500 for 15 minutes of "consultation", of which she received $250. Signs and cameras all over the office, "If you misbehave we'll call the police!" Office staff was mediocre.

June 16th, 2014
staff
The staff is terrible, they are rude,and do not care about the patients. Bill is always wrong, have had several issues with that. The office manager Amanda yells at patients and talks very ugly to them, and treats them like they are nothing. Im trying now to find my husband somewhere else to go.

April 17th, 2014
Staff A+, Doctor=HORRIBLE
Looks can be deceiving I guess. I called and was able to get an appointment same day! Shocking because most psychiatrists in my area had a 30day+ waiting list! The staff was very friendly and helped get everything in order lightning fast and before I knew it I was sitting waiting to see the doctor. Then I saw the evil witch I read about. I have been on the same psychiatric medications for years and my first visit everything was changed. Ok, she is the professional, so I gave her a chance. Ended up in a mental hospital and when returned to discuss further options or possibly going back to my old meds I was told she couldn't help me and was "discharged". She also refused to see me before that visit in a HOSPITAL because I lacked insurance. Heartless doctor.

October 11th, 2013
New Staff A+
This is the only office for which I can get an appointment within 1-2 days without a hassle. The staff was friendly and humorous, and even helped me to understand and fill out my paperwork. My insurance was verified before I arrived, and after I completed my paperwork, I was taken back to see the dr within minutes. Dr. Rao was very friendly, and has helped to resolve problems that have been evident for years. I enjoyed my visit and look forward to my next one.

June 13th, 2013
Called about a prescription and was placed on hold then hung up on. After calling back was told there would be a $3 charge because I called again!? Unbelievable!

July 11th, 2012
Excellent
Dr. Rao has been very helpful to me. She was able to diagnose my problem and prescribed the meds I needed. I have enjoyed our sessions, though they get shorter as time passes. However she'd been able to address all my concerns. I'd recommend her to anyone.

January 20th, 2012
Decent Doctor.....Horrible staff!!!
Dr. Rao is an okay doctor even though she has a deep Indian accent. However her staff has much to be desired. They are rude, lost my appointment once, don't return your phone calls, and one of the girls seems to always be in a bad mood. Other thing which may just be their policy but you have to come in everytime to get your scripts. None of my medications are narcotics or anything like that but they refuse to call in anything. Which paying a specialist fee every month is a bit much if you know the severity of your condition and have been using same methods of treatment for years....Plenty more Dr's to choose from so don't settle for these people.

March 28th, 2011
must have visited a different office
After having read the 1/26/11 review of this office, I conclude that the reviewer must have visited an entirely different office! Staff in front office are rude; they ignore patients & make them stand at the window awhile before even looking up to acknowledge their presence. A neon cardboard sign taped to that window says, "do not tap on glass", which indicates that ignoring patients is common practice.The office walls are covered with signage which prohibits behaviors. The atmosphere is unwelcoming.My 85-year=old mother goes there to see Dr. Rao once a month. Dr. Rao prescribes her medications. My mom likes Dr. Rao. But the staff members need sensitivity training; AND the reception area needs a major overhaul. Negative signs should come down.......

January 26th, 2011
LOVE THIS DOCOTOR & STAFF! THEY ARE THE BEST YOU CAN ASK FOR. VERY CARING AND UNDERSTANDING...THEY WORK HARD AND YOU CAN TELL THEY LOVE WHAT THEY DO. I RATE THIS OFFICE FROM 0-10, I GIVE THEM A 9!

January 25th, 2011
Rudest Receptionist I've Ever Encountered
The first thing I noticed upon entering Dr. Rao's reception area was the abundance of neon-colored signs taped all over the walls, the doors, even the sliding glass window of the reception area. They said things like, "IF YOU CALL TO CONFIRM YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOU WILL BE CHARGED $5.00.", "NO TAPPING ON GLASS.", "IF YOU USE A CELL PHONE, GO OUTSIDE.", "NO FOOD OR DRINK IN OFFICE. LEAVE IT IN YOUR CAR.", "BE READY TO WEIGH WHEN YOU ARE CALLED BACK. DO NOT REMOVE SHOES.", "NO CHILDREN IN OFFICE. NO EXCEPTIONS.",...... must have been at least 30 negative signs taped on the surfaces of this offices. So it was easy for me to guess this was not a particularly friendly or caring staff. And I was right. The woman behind the window made me wait 5 minutes before she looked up from her note-writing and opened the window. She never acknowledged me with a smile or a greeting, only stared. I told her the purpose of my visit. She was cold and unhelpful. She once again closed the window, and continued to write while I waited. I was about to leave when she opened the window and was again rude to me. I don't know anything about Dr. Rao, other than the fact that she should fire her front-office help and find someone who knows how to deal courteously with people. I could not wait to get out of that unwelcoming office with its nasty staff. Never again!

March 17th, 2010
She has been very helpful to me and has me where I need to be