Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Judy's Book.
 |  Dr. Kwang Kim  |  show details
by Sandy L on Oct 12th, 2013

I've been going to Dr Kim for many years. He is one of the most kind doctors I've had. He takes time to explain procedures and is very reassuring. I just had cataract surgery. It went flawlessly.way beyond my expectations. I won't go to anyone else.

|  Wonderful!!!  |  show details
by ICanSeeNow! at RatePoint on Nov 20th, 2011 on ratepoint.com

Dr. Reed performed my Lasik - results are wonderful! The whole process was easy . . the office staff are great, the surgery assistants are great, and Dr. Reed is fantastic. Very calm, very professional . . . makes what could be a pretty scary surgery, simple!!

|  Eye Checkup  |  show details
by Griffin and Reed Eye Care at RatePoint on Oct 27th, 2011 on ratepoint.com

Dr. Reed is an excellent doctor and really cares about his patient`s health. After examining my husband`s eyes he encouraged us to consult a neurologist and the following MRI found a brain tumor causing my husband`s eye problem. No other MD we had seen had noticed my husband`s eye tracking problem and in a case like this timing is very important. We consider ourselves very lucky to have seen him when we did. My husband is now on an experimental treatment and the results are life changing. The last MRI showed no growth in a tumor which the pathologist classified as fast growing. If it hadn`t been for Dr. Reed encouraging us how to find help my husband might not be here today.

|  Worth Every Penny  |  show details
by Mike Wilson at RatePoint on Oct 9th, 2011 on ratepoint.com

I`ve been wanting to get this surgery for years now. But kept putting it off due to the expense. Well, I wish I would have just done it years ago. It`s really not that expensive considering what you get out of it. Perfect vision! And the doctors are amazing. It`s like you`re friends when the walk in the door. They make the whole thing so easy. No one should wait to do this.

|  Easiest thing ever.  |  show details
by Jon at RatePoint on Sep 29th, 2011 on ratepoint.com

I am 28 years old and over the past several years I have been thinking about Lasik eye surgery. When I went to a family reunion in Sourthern CA, my cousin and uncle both convinced me to get it. I researched and found that Griffin & Reed have the best machines to perform this surgery. Everything they do uses lasers instead of blades. The whole time, Doctor Reed was assuring but did not pressure me at all. He said that if my eyes didn`t qualify, he wouldn`t perform the procedure. I guess he is one of those people who enjoys sleeping at night. Even though both he and his staff were re-assuring and professional, I still was very nervous. I do not like my eyes being touched or even having eye drops put into my eyes. The day of the surgery, I was very nervous. They had me take an Ativan, which helps take the edge off. I went into surgery, still nervous. The procedure lasted just a few minutes maybe less than five minutes and both my eyes were done. You just stare at some lights and a few minutes later, it is done. Quite an amazing light show too. It felt like I was in some sci-fi movie. The whole time, Dr. Reed told me what he was doing and what to expect. I had no idea what I was so nervous about. There was no risk of my eyelids closing because they numb your eyes, they tape back your eyebrows, and put in some device to keep your eyelids from closing. You don`t feel anything and it is super quick. The next day, I could tell my eyes were fixed. There is a lot of glare over the next few days, but things get better. It has been 8 days and I see 2015. I saw 2015 the day after, but it was a hazy 2015. Things get much better as the days progress. Overall, I`d do it again.

|  Excellent results, excellent customer service  |  show details
by Melissa at RatePoint on Jul 3rd, 2011 on ratepoint.com

I had lasik done on both eyes and I am so happy with the results! It`s so nice to be able to wake up in the morning to see everything from the instant I open my eyes. Dr. Reed is very personable, patient and makes everything so comfortable. I wish I had this done years ago!!

|  I have 2015 after surgery  |  show details
by Misty Olen at RatePoint on May 30th, 2011 on ratepoint.com

Dr. Reed made the whole LASIK procedure very easy to go through. He explained everything to me and made me feel comfortable. Thank you Dr. Reed. I love being able to see everything perfectly clear now.

|  So happy with LASIK  |  show details
by Stefanie at RatePoint on Apr 27th, 2011 on ratepoint.com

I could not be happier with my LASIK results. The Drs and staff provided perfect descriptions of how the procedure and recovery would progress. They were thoughtful, knowledgeable, efficient, and accurate. I felt like I was in expert hands at every step. Couldn`t be happier!

Read Full Review at ratepoint.com
 |  lasik surgery  |  show details
by Barry Kinmore at RatePoint on Mar 4th, 2011 on ratepoint.com

Dr Reed and Robert Melrose were very helpful had it two yrs ago still have 2020 vision, I would recommend it highly instead of contacts or glasses.

|  Awesome practice  |  show details
by SanDiegoCJ at RatePoint on Mar 4th, 2011 on ratepoint.com

Awesome practice! Awesome practice! Awesome practice! Awesome practice! Awesome practice! Awesome practice! Awesome practice! Awesome practice! Awesome practice! Awesome practice! Awesome practice! Awesome practice! Awesome practice! Awesome practice! Awesome practice! Awesome practice!

|  Outstanding Physician and Surgeon  |  show details
by Dr. Kathleen Nelson on Dec 3rd, 2010

Dr. Kwang Kim was recommended to me by 3 other physicians in Sacramento. At age 73, my problem of cataracts require surgery. He is very gentle, elegant, kindly and professional in his demeanor. He did the first of the two cataract surgeries which I require. My post op recovery was flawless and fast. His diagnosis and treatment protocols were perfect. His offices have state of the art equipment which I had not found elsewhere. I would recommend him to everyone. As soon as I am ready for the second eye's surgery, he will be my surgeon. Dr.Kim is Outstanding.

|  Biller in need of serious therapy.  |  show details
by Guest G. at Judy`sBook on Apr 16th, 2010 on judysbook.com

Griffin and Reed offers excellent service until you have a billing issue. One of the billers is quite competent, helpful and friendly. The other biller goes off like a panicked Hyena when confronted with mistakes She made in submitting my c...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  recommended  |  show details
by c z. at Judy`sBook on Nov 27th, 2005 on judysbook.com

My husband had the lasik surgery performed last year at Griffin & Reed. Dr. Reed is a Folsom resident who practices in Sacramento. We heard about him through our neighbor, as well as a news investigation reporting on channel 13. We are very...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com