Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

• Currently 3.1904761904762 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  GREAT SURGEON BAD DOCTOR  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2014

Dr. Anderson is a great surgeon, but a not so great doctor. He is consistently late and patients have waited for hours to see him, because he is running late and visiting with co-workers in the back. This does not leave a good reputation. A good doctor would care about his patients time, and not waste it by idol chit chat with fellow employees. After waiting for hours to see this awesome surgeon, he spends less time with you than the PA that comes in first. It's very hard to gain trust with a doctor who uses a PA for a patient history, and then spends as little time as possible with the patient. I came to see Dr. Anderson, NOT the PA. Bedside manners need improvement, Dr. Anderson needs to come done to earth with the rest of us!

|  Awful experience that ended in 3 surgeries (2 not done by him)  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2013

I am a 28 year old very active female and tore my acl and mesniscus playing soccer on 1/17. Upon extensive research and going to 3 different surgeons, I decided to go with Dr. Anderson for my surgery on 3/12. I work in the medical field as well so I understand wait times, busy offices, and other things that can go wrong in the health field. My surgery went well (so I thought) and I started physical therapy 5 days after my surgery. Despite great effort on my and my PTs part, I couldn't get a straight knee and I was experiencing tons of abnormal posterior/lateral pain. Dr. Anderson wrote it off to my knee being "pretty straight" (I was at 6) and the pain being nerve related. I kept trying to schedule appointments and did every test he asked me to do. He wrote me off and said there is nothing he could do for me and told me not to schedule another appointment. When I suggested a scope he said he never has to scope his patient's after their initial surgery. (Implied he is that great of a surgeon) After I knew he wasn't going to do anything for me, I went to someone else that was recommended by my PT place. The other surgeon scoped my knee July 22nd and found a cyclopse lesion which is a growth that was severely inhibiting my ROM. A couple weeks later my knee was completely straight. He also did an additional surgery a few months later (I had to wait for my graft to heal) to take out hardware that was impinging other tissue and causing significant pain. I am greatful for the surgeon who was wlilling to fix all Anderson's mistakes and get me back to soccer/mountain biking/running/softball. Despite all my research I did on Anderson, I truly picked the wrong surgeon. Through many months of PT, at a respected place, I found others were having issues with him as well. If it wasn't for a lot of support from others and my not taking his advice, I would be walking with a massive limp and in tons of pain for the rest of my life.

by Karen Mataychuck on Aug 12th, 2013

I felt very comfortable with Dr. Anderson because he took the time to talk to me and explain everything fully. He still has the "humanness" that many doctors lose.

|  BEST ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON!!!!  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2013

I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Dr. Anderson if you have any sort of knee injury. I had an ACL tear and Dr. Anderson did a fantastic job. Not only was the surgery successful, but I had very minimal bruising and pain.

Jun 6th, 2012

Dr Anderson did my shoulder surgery and my knee surgery. He is the best I've seen. I highly recommend him. No complications from either surgery.

|  knee  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2012

After a surgery with a not great outcome, many people told me he specializes in shoulders and did not do knees until recently. Wish I had known that sooner. Horrible, virtually non-existent post surgical instructions given, now another procedure is likely needed. Also, the brace that was put on in hospital never fit right. I prefer doctors and not physician assistants, the world is changing towards them however. I never got to see him except for the 5 minutes when he confirmed my diagnosis, wonder if he actually did the surgery?

|  Glad to have found him  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2012

He listened to me evaluated and tried pt first w/cortisone shot. Didn't work, went back talked with him some more and even though he was a bit hesitant in wanting to operate he left it up to me and we did it. Best decision I've made on my shoulder. No pain to speak of afterwards. I had seen "so called experts" with similar credentials and they didn't give a rat's butt about me. So after many years of pain Dr. Anderson finally fixed me where no other specialist would. I give him thumbs up for sure.

|  not patient-focused  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

The office staff would not even give me a tentative date for an appointment without giving them all of my information first. I tried to find out if I could even get in to see him within the necessary time frame and they simply refused to give this information without my providing private information. Needless to say, I will not use him as my doctor. That is the worst case of arrogance I have seen. The office staff was cold, rude and unprofessional.

|  Incredible doctor  |  show details
May 14th, 2011

Dr. Anderson has put me back together more times than I care to admit. The worst was the first time I saw him for "tennis elbow". He was the FIFTH ortho I saw for the condition and the only that understood what was going on. I couldn't even pick up a piece of paper and now it's like it never happened. I can even knit again. In addition to treating me for my elbow, he has seen me for several meniscus tears an ACL tear and ACL revision. He has now performed 7 surgeries for me and each time the recovery time is way beyond therapists' expectations. He's up on the latest and greatest technologies, sits on the board of ortho medicine and is constantly looking for better ways to help the patient recover thoroughly and as quickly as possible. His right arm woman is Marianne. She keeps all the paperwork moving in the right direction and assists Anderson in surgery. Not only is she a super assistant to Dr. Anderson, but a real people person too. Dr. Anderson's office assistant is Stacy. She too is highly qualified and very helpful with questions and takes the time to explain things thoroughlyI can't speak highly enough about the quality of this team of doctors. The only downfall is the waiting time both in the waiting room and getting appointments. It's easy to get appointments with Stacy for follow ups, but you need about 3 weeks before getting in to see Anderson. If you can wait, do it! After 6 knee surgeries, I went for a 3 mile run yesterday! :)

Apr 1st, 2011

Great shoulder surgeon, I would recommend to anyone!

|  Great  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

I was having major pain in my leg, and couldn't figure out what it was. It was chronic pain that I had for 10 years. I had gone to 6 different doctors and none of them knew what it was. One even said there are medical things that can't be explained, but I didn't believe it. So I finally went to see Dr. Anderson, and he figured out what the problem was. yes the problem was rare, that doesn't take away from the fact that he knew what it was. I had surgery and so far things are going great, so I am very greatful to him.

Aug 20th, 2010

I feel bad for the attorney who had to wait. Go fix yourself if cannot wait for a good surgeon.

|  Wasted my time, multiple times  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2010

I had 2 appointments with Dr. Kyle Anderson. I waited over an hour to see him the first time. I was told to schedule for right after lunch next time, to be seen promptly. I did this, and didn't see him for over an hour and a half. I made my next appt. with another Dr. in the office, Dr. Paul Shapiro. After waiting 45 minutes, I asked how much longer, and they said at least another 20 minutes. The receptionist told me that this happens all the time in that office. I told her that, if they came to my law firm and waited this long, I'm sure they wouldn't keep me as their lawyer, so I couldn't keep them as my doctors. I know that the physicians are fully aware of this situation. I told Dr. Anderson of it myself, and the receptionist told Dr. Shapiro of it while I was waiting. Neither doctor acknowledged it -- Dr. Shapiro didn't even come out to see me when he was told of the situation while it was happening. No one ever called to apologize, explain, or otherwise indicate that they cared one bit. If you have lots of time to waste, these are your doctors. (I make no representation as to their surgical competence -- I won't waste the time to find out!.)

|  Lack of follow-up  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2010

I would expect that Dr. Kyle's business will not prosper if I am example of his thoroughness. I saw him first through an appointment with his assistant, strange #1. He said it was likely I needed surgery, but recommended I get an MRI first. I got the MRI and had to make another appointment with his assistant, strange #2. I waited 45 minutes in the waiting room, then saw his assistant. She said she would go an see Dr. Anderson. I heard his voice in the next room chatting with the girls while a waited another 20 minutes. He spend five minutes with me recommended surgery and that I could schedule it later in the year, maybe in the winter when there was less going on. Since I limped into the office and things didn't seem to be getting any better this was strange #3. Then he said not to call to schedule, but that his aid would call to set up the surgery, strange #4. When I heard nothing from his office in a week, I found another surgeon, scheduled the surgery and recovered in six weeks.

by Kim Grodus on Aug 20th, 2009

Saved my shoulder!! Brillant and amazing. I can't say enough great things about everything to do with Dr. Anderson and his staff. STOP LOOKING ANY FURTHER! THIS IS THE GUY FOR ANYBODY WITH SHOULDER TROUBLES!!