Dr. Kyle Cabbell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

August 8th, 2016
One of the worst experience I've had especially when need assistance after the office visit. You can't get him or his medical assistance to return call or provide services needed.

January 18th, 2016
Dr. Cabbell has performed surgery on my back and spine three times. Twice for Spinal Stenosis and once to remove old implant parts of spinal stimulator. I trust him and how he takes care of you. He makes sure he knows exactly what is wrong and what needs to be done. No one could have a better Dr. for Spinal Care or Brain Surgery. I highly recommend him.

December 29th, 2014
I really trust Dr. Cabbell. He explained everything to my husband and I. He shows that he really cares.

March 6th, 2014
Not my kind of doctor
This guy was recommended to me by another one of my physicians, who I definitely like. Therefore, I had high hopes for Dr. Cabbell. However, when I got to the appointment, it seemed like he had many other things on his mind, and he wasn't really paying attention to me. He even got up and left a couple times during my appointment to go do something else!! I felt rushed throughout my time with him and didn't get to ask some questions I wanted to. Based on my scans, he thought that there was nothing to be done surgically but ordered a myelogram anyway, but I cancelled it when I found out he doesn't use any sedation for these (I was told the test is very painful and to get sedation of some kind if possible so I will probably go to Wake Forest Baptist where they do give a bit of sedative). When I asked him what I was supposed to do about the pain, he said that my current medications should be fine - they're not, not by a LONG shot. So basically, this was just another rushed doctor who didn't really give a crap about how I felt - just wanted my money for expensive tests that would cause me even more pain. The appointment was absolutely useless and I left feeling like I'd been hit by a bus.

August 14th, 2013
He saved my life!!! His beside manner in the hospital is just what you should expect from a busy neurosurgeon, brisk and to the point. In the office he is much more relaxed and easy going, even jokes around. I highly recommend him. He knows what he is doing and that is more important to me than his bedside manners.

March 6th, 2013
At hospital we were told his office would call is in a couple of days to see Cabbell. They finally called a week later to come in the next day, After waiting for over 2 hours for our appointment we finally left. Staff could have cared less that we had been there over 2 hours. All they said was he dealt with his own patients (no nurse to call u back). He never once came out to say anything about running late, we would have stayed and waited if he had just acknowledged that we were waiting on him. Not going to have someone work on my husbands brain if he can't manage his office right. Didn't like him in hospital, certainly don't like him now. Terrible way to run an office.

January 23rd, 2013
patient
Dr. Cabbell gave me honest answers when no one else would. He has a great bedside manner. I would recommend him hands down. I traveled from a major city to see and it was well worth it.

August 20th, 2012
Amazing Dr. Cabbell
The wait time is worth it! Dr. Cabbell is simply amazing and truly a lifesaver in my opinion. He gave me back my life and it is only up to me to live it now. You may have to spend some time in the waiting room, but that is because he is spending the needed time with other patients as well. Greensboro and Moses Cone are lucky to have him.

January 30th, 2012
I met with Dr. Cabbell this morning for the first time as a new patient after my MRI showed some issues with my spine. Dr. Cabbell has what I would call a "Northern" Bed Side Manner, he is more Matter of Fact. He asked me important questions about why I was there and discussed my health history. We looked at my MRI together, which none of my other Drs. have done. I was impressed, he told me my options, he set my mind at ease and if I have any futher issues in the future I would Gladly see him again. He spent quality time with me and looking at my situation.

December 19th, 2011
Very Poor Bedside Manner/Poor Follow-up
Beware of this doctor! He does not contact patients back with results and his attitude is VERY POOR! I will never be seen at this practice again and will not recommend this doctor to see anyone! He is also VERY UN-PROFESSIONAL! Be sure to check his licensing background! He has a sanction.

March 25th, 2011
Just tells lies
Was being referred to another doctor and was told, being looked in the eye, that until I was re-assigned, that he was still my treating physician and that if I had any problems to call him. Well, there has been a problem with the insurance company closing my case and my attorney is in the process of getting re-opened. In the meantime, I am still in pain and when I called to get my prescriptions refilled, I was told that he would not refill any more prescriptions for me. So, now I get to be in extra pain as I will be un-medicated. Thanks a lot doc!