Dr. Kyle Coker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 18th, 2015
I've been to this doctor several times and always pleased with the results

March 5th, 2015
Wrong and Unnecessary Surgery
Dr. Coker performed two surgeries on my hand – one failed and the other, as I found out too late, completely wrong and unnecessary for my condition. Afterwards, when I followed up with him about my continued pain and symptoms, he told me he was "done with [my] hand" and expressed zero empathy. My hand is now in worse condition than it was prior to surgery. I'm suffering daily from the painful consequences of these procedures and have even been encouraged by several people to take legal action. I would recommend patients really do their homework about their doctor and condition or risk finding themselves in the unfortunate position I find myself in now – get more opinions, don't be afraid to ask questions and speak up for yourself . . . it's your body, health and life!

February 24th, 2015
The wait is very long

January 3rd, 2014
Rejected the appointment
Was referred by a healthcare provider to Coker's office. Easy to contact, wsa asked all the appropriate questions.....seemed spot on until the price...was quoted by the call center as an initial office visit is $600.00. About had a stroke.....not brain surgery consult..........I am sure Coker is good but this is a consult for maybe 15 minutes....a infected thumb issue status post IV infusion of antibiotics..........went to another "Name hand surgeon" for half the price and willingly paid cash as physician was out of my network. Thumb resolved in 48 hours. Medical group needs to reassess office polices for cash or private pay....especially when the group takes Monarch managed care and is willing to accepted those lower rates.

December 18th, 2013
Positive experience
Dr. Coker is very clinical and knows his stuff. He is professional and courteous. He appears to be focused on the task at hand. If you are looking for a physician who will make you feel all warm and fuzzy, he is not the one. However, results are what count here and I believe he delivers that. I would recommend him to anyone and would definitely go back to him should the need arise.

June 5th, 2012
Basic competence
Patient on crutches for long term disability with arthritis in thumb. Dr. Coker didn't recommend different style crutch handles as the referring family doctor and physical therapist had. When asked for the name of an over the counter thumb brace that might help, he couldn't come up with a the specific name of a single model or a single manufacturer. This is a hand specialist?

November 18th, 2010
Famous last words. 3 people said for over an HOUR the doctor would "be right in", even after I came out and said my child had an appointment soon and I couldnt keep waiting.. "he's coming in right now!" UhThe doctor is great, but so far after correcting my name on paperwork more than once plus spending over am hour at my appointment is sad.

February 17th, 2009
Excellent physician, really seemed to care