Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Family Practitioner, Emergency Physician
Video profile

Sales Exec show details Sales Exec
Mar 19th, 2015

Dr. Garner seemed to be a good physician but the office staff was very unwelcoming and condescending.

by Nancy Barrett on Feb 21st, 2015

Dr. Garner came highly recommended and I was not disappointed. I loved his demeanor. He has a relaxed way about him making it very easy to communicate, especially during the first visit with a new OBGYN....as we ladies know, not the most pleasant examination especially with a new doctor.

Feb 16th, 2015

Dr. Garner goes above and beyond for his patients. Excellent physician and person!

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
by Erin L on Dec 2nd, 2013

I had two successful VBACs with Dr. Garner. I never felt rushed in my appointments. He always stayed until he had answered all of my questions and concerns. Despite not being on call for both of the deliveries, Dr. Garner came to the hospital in the wee hours of the morning, and stayed all day (doctors must be at the hospital through the entire labor for a vbac). He was always very professional, and I trusted his opinion through the entirety of both pregnancies and deliveries. I would recommend him to anyone!

Dr. Garner takes time for you show details Dr. Garner takes time for you
by SRQWoman on Oct 31st, 2013

I think Dr. Garner is wonderful! I am just a plain old uneventful yearly PAP patient - I have never had children nor will I. However, unlike many GYNs who rush through a patient like me - Dr. Garner ALWAYS has taken the time to thoroughly answer my questions.He is smart and caring and just has such a wonderful manner. How lucky am I to have the Chief of OB at SMH be available to give an annual exam to a regular patient like me.

Great Doc!! Wish he still practiced in Memphis show details Great Doc!! Wish he still practiced in Memphis
by Jennifer Madison-Nathan on Oct 17th, 2013

Dr. Garner delivered my son 13 years ago and he was such a great doctor I searched high and low for him when I learned I was expecting again. I was quite disappointed to see he is now in Florida, but he's such a great doctor I decided to write this review just to say how great he is!

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by Taylor P. on Jun 5th, 2013

Dr. Garner is an excellent doctor - caring, patient, knowledgeable, and confident. He is a good listener who takes his time when attending to patients. He is married with three daughters, and I think he truly cares about women. Dr. Garner recently became the Chief OB/GYN at Sarasota Memorial Hospital, so I think that shows he is also well-respected in his field. He is one of the few doctors in the Sarasota area that offer the possibility of a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) because I believe he truly cares about positive birth experiences for women. Being a VBAC-friendly doctor shows that he is willing to give extra time and take a small risk in order to put his patients first. During the birth of my son, I appreciated Dr. Garner being so patient and caring. He really respected my wishes and “birth plan.” I definitely recommend him to others! His new office is right next to the hospital, so that is nice for peace of mind. Even though it is a long drive for me, I will continue to see Dr. Garner for my annual gyn appointments since he is such a great doctor!

Wouldnt you want the BEST? show details Wouldnt you want the BEST?
by Nikki Squiciarino on Mar 26th, 2013

After replacing my OB I saw Dr Garner and went on to have him deliver my whopping 9lb8oz daughter. I will never forget that he came in during his vacation to deliver me because he knew how uncomfortable I was. If you think that is amazing, for two years he kept me as comfortable as possible while I suffered through "unknown" gynecological issues after a tubal ligation (nothing of which I would call normal...Id call it my body rebelled against a tubal). I ended up with a total abdominal hysterectomy just last month. This man came to see me EVERY DAY while I was in the hospital. For five days he came every morning, he talked to me... he smiled and told me I would be ok while I was in potentially the most excruciating pain of my life. And just when you think he couldnt get any better... He made sure he found out why I was so miserble for 2 years. He had pathology done and figured out that we did a good thing catching it and made a wise call. When you have a roof leak, you call the best roofer. When you have a sewer problem, you call the best septic person. When you have a plumbing problem, you want the best plumber. When you want the best baby/gyn experience, You call Garner. You cant get any better than the Chief of OBGYN of SMH!

Dr.Garner is great! show details Dr.Garner is great!
Aug 17th, 2012

Dr.Garner was my prenatal Dr when I moved into the Sarasota area in the spring of 2012. He is caring, listens, was always able to get me in on the same day if I was experiencing issues with my pregnancy and always made me feel at ease. My husband and I are moving while I am still pregnant, so I will miss Dr.Garner bringing our little boy into this world. I highly recommend him!

Simply The Best show details Simply The Best
Apr 19th, 2012

Although having several issues after what seemed was a very normal life up until now (gynecologically), he took the same care and concern as he did diagnosing a gynecological issue as he did during the prenatal period and delivery of my youngest child. Although skeptical at first, as a former patient of the doctor with whom he replaced in the office, I truly feel that he was everything...and MORE... of what I was told he would be.

Mar 3rd, 2012

Placenta Accreta show details Placenta Accreta
Feb 13th, 2012

Dr. Gardner is amazing. I came in with Placenta accreta - the placenta being fused with the uterine wall. The most common (and from what I understand, easiest) "fix" to this is a hysterectomy. However, Dr. Gardner instead surgically removed the placenta, saving my uterus. If not for him, I wouldn't have the option of whether or not to have another child. I really appreciate him taking this risk for me.

Jun 6th, 2011

Dr. Garner is very caring, intelligent & professional. He speaks with me & explains things in a way that are easy to understand. He always is relaxed & answers questions, spends as much time as I need. He never seems rushed to get out of the room. He was propt to arrive for my emergency c-section in the middle of the night, and comforted me during a scary & intense experience. I could not ask for a better doctor.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
Apr 29th, 2011

I switched to Dr. Garner at 38 weeks pregnant from Dr. Cohen who was downright mean to me. Dr. Garner was caring and truly compassionate to me as a person. I would recommend him to anyone who wants to be in control of YOUR own birth becuase it really does matter.

by Andrea Olmstead on May 10th, 2010

Dr.Garner delivered my beautiful baby boy and cared about me as a person not a patient. He respected my views and wishes. Very accurate, polite staff, and he was very attentive and understanding to what was going on with my body. He tried his best to make sure my husband and I understood everything. He was also AMAZING at giving circumcisions! Dr. Garner and his staff are amazing as a team and I highly recommend them!

Aug 26th, 2009

Best OB/GYN ever. Very caring people at this office. Doctor is very good and has great bedside manner. Compassionate. Would highly recommend.

Best Doctor EVER show details Best Doctor EVER
by Alicia Belden on Jul 16th, 2009

When my first doctor (dr. cohen) never had time for me Dr. Garner took over. He was the best doctor for me and I HIGHLY recomend him!