Dr. Kyle Girod MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 29th, 2016
First appt: X-rays were taken before I saw the Dr. I thought this was efficient, but realize it facilitates shoving more patients through. I literally got 5 minutes with dr. girod - no exam - never got out of my chair. Tried to make follow-up appt. - 3.5 months! Requested X-rays and written report to take to another dr. Report was embellished! It listed all sorts of assessments that were never performed! I called & asked for an explanation, but no one ever returned my call. I plan to report this to my insurance co.

February 25th, 2014
Never saw Dr. Girod
Went to see Dr. Girod 2 times and only saw his PA for my lower back pain , but was charged FULL PRICE. It was like pulling teeth to get a miss work slip. Even when they did give me a slip they threw the decision on the plant doctor. Why even go to this doctor if the work doctor has to make the decision if he will let you go back to work lite duty?? Seems he is like a puppy mill , get as many patients through in a days time

October 19th, 2012
Dr. Girod is an awesome doctor. . . wish there were more like him!
Dr. Girod did my spinal fusion and ENDED my excruciating pain! I suffered for a year with a ruptured disc, until I finally agreed to have surgery. He tried 3 epidural shots and PT, but nothing worked for long. The fusion surgery was the best thing I ever did. Dr. Girod has an awesome bedside manner. I LOVE him and have referred several friends who also love him!

January 31st, 2012
Awful
He misdiagnosed me with bulging discs. I was sent for a epidural steroid injection which made my condition worse. He never even examined me. I ended up in the hospital for 11 days, and I'm lucky a real doctor actually took a minute to examine me to figure out what was really going on. He wrote me off because I came in right before Christmas. I spent my Christmas unable to even sit up and in so much pain I was finally brought to the hospital by ambulance. AWFUL experience.

February 27th, 2011
tHE MOST CARING AND COURTEOUS DOCTOR IN BATON ROUGE
I first saw Dr. Girod as a referal for a second fusion. After surgery I felt like a new man and was recovering well. 3 months later I was involved in another major accident, and all of my pain returned. Dr. Girod is doing everything in his power to get me back to normal again. I have all of the respect in the world for him. He has always treated me like a friend and has Really given his all in my cure. I am blessed to have him as my Dr. I have seen over a dozen doctors for my back and he is by far the best.

January 14th, 2011
Second appointment was to go over MRI results and plan treatment. After one hour PA showed up and gave results and discussed treatment. My wife complained about not seeing the Dr and was told we would have to wait another hour to see him. When my wife complained about that the PA said "get over it". No surgery from this doctor.

August 4th, 2010
Doctor Girod is a wonderful caring Doctor he has a great beside manor he has done 3 back surgeries on me and all 3 times I was treated like royalty

August 1st, 2010
ONLY SAW PA AFTER SURGERY PAIN AND SUFFERING FOR 2 WEEKS FINALLY SAW DR GIROD GUESS WHAT ANOTHER SURGERY