Anesthesiologist (pain control)

1524 McHenry Ave
Ste 445
Modesto, CA 95350
209-571-1693
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Does not care attitude.  |  show details
by Carol F. on Jul 30th, 2013

Bedside manner horrible. Acts like he really does not want to be working.is rude. Who cares attitude.

|  Excellent!  |  show details
by Erin E. on Mar 26th, 2013

My first impression on my first visit was: Receptionist-rude, curt, almost wrote a letter of complaint. Dr. Heron- totally worth enduring the stupid receptionist. He treated me immediately with trigger point injections. It was the first time in over a year I had no pain. P.A. (Sue)- very kind and helpful. Made me feel comfortable right away and answered all of my questions. I couldn't have asked for better care. N.P. (Susan)- equally wonderful and very informative as well. Overall experiences: Dr. Heron has a great sence of humor. My first procedure was interesting. I remember being so nervous and having a ton of anxiety. As I was wheeled into the procedure room, I noticed he was sitting in a chair texting or something. He didn't even look up and said to the very young looking assistant, "what are we doing?" My first thought was oh crap, he spent even know who I am or what he's supposed to do. So I looked at him and said, "Hey, Dr. Heron. Do you even know who I am?!?" He laughed and said of course I don't. Tell me everything! Of course he was joking with me and we spent the rest of the procedure with him asking me random hilarious questions about myself since he "only knew my name, medical condition, and procedure" he was doing. It was so funny that I hardly noticed all of the needle poking and pain. I was too busy laughing. In closing: this guy and all of his staff (minus the receptionist) are all excellent. I had been in pain for years before being referred to Dr. Heron and had tried just about every combination of pain relievers and muscle relaxers possible. I've been going to monthly visits for about a year now and he is the only doctor who has had any success relieving my pain. I highly recommend his care to anyone who is in pain. He will help you in ways other doctors cannot. I was hopeless before and thought I would be in pain for the rest of my life. I am so thankful for all he and his staff have done to help me get better.

|  Rude and LONG wait for procedures!!  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2012

This is one of the rudest doctors offices I've ever been to!! From the very first phone call to the day I had my procedure done they were completely rude. It's unfortunate that this is the only dr I can go to with my insurance because if I had a choice I'd go somewhere else!! When calling for an appointment Johnna was very snotty and rude and not only unwilling to work with me on an appointment date but also cut me off every time I spoke. It took over 2 months to get in for a procedure I needed to have done and during that time I was not able to walk without limping, sit without leaning to one side, or able to sleep on my side at all....they didn't care!! I would think they'd have openings for emergency situations but they acted like they just didn't care. Doctors and their staff should have to go through some etiquette classes before they can have contact with the public!! Just because you are a doctor or work for a doctor where people are FORCED to go doesn't mean that you are above God! I hope one day you are in a position where you need services and you are treated the way you've treated me! Karma!!!

|  show details
May 19th, 2010

Dr. Heron is a very caring professional. He takes a great deal of time to listen to his patients. Are care about how they are faring.

|  uh  |  show details
by Diana L. Eastland on Aug 9th, 2009

6-10-09 On my 1st appt. Dr.Heron gave me some meds & scheduled a follow up appt.two months away. I was told to call for refills. 7-6-09 the pharmacy fax a request for refill to Dr. Heron's office. 7-8-09 after speaking to my pharmacy I called Dr,Heron's office and was transferred to the staff member that deals with the refills. I ask her if she receive the fax request. Yes she said. I ask if I gave anough notice. She said uh it is under review, I ask how long does that take. She said uh, I said should I have given you a weeks notice, She said uh. I ask again should I have given a weeks notice. aigain she said uh uh. I said it is a simple question, should I have given a weeks notice. She said we do not give refills, you should be seen every month to get meds. I said but why did they make my aapt. two months away & your office called me and reschudle to mid August. Again she said uhhh. I never raised voice or use any foul language, but I hung-up on her. uhhh is not a proper response. At $300. a visit meds a drug dealer wood be the way to go and you don't have to miss work.