Physiatrists, Pain Management Specialist

11811 NE 128th St
Ste 200
Kirkland, WA 98034
425-899-5030
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  I thought I was the only one  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2014

I stumbled onto this site while looking for a new pain management doctor to replace Dr. Oh. I didn't come to him by choice, but that in itself is another story for another time. I have a terrible time with one of his receptionist and feel like I have to be extremely contrite when I'm calling for any reason-a Rx renewal, help with other prescription matters, appointments, etc. because she told the doctor that I used foul language at the front desk one morning after promising me a RX would be ready to be picked up at 10 AM-and wasn't. The ironic thing was, I never said a word when I found out my RX wasn't ready. I was so shocked that I had been told it was and then found out it wasn't that I didn't know what to do, except turn around and leave and try to figure it out later. On my way to work. Because I was going to be late. And I couldn't just sit there and wait while "someone" try to cover up their mistake.Then I get a phone call from Dr. Oh telling me not to curse or use "foul language " in his front office. Okay? Are you serious. I am a very busy person and I hurt all the time. It's so hard to get going in the morning and once I get home from work I usually have no energy to get on the computer to research new doctors. Consequently I have tolerated slights and rudeness from both behind the front desk and Dr. Oh for way too long, visit after visit, phone call after phone call. I have shared the audaciously rude behavior stories with my co-workers and friends and they are just shocked that A) this kind of thing goes on with every encounter I have with this office and B) I keep going back. I'm pretty sure they will be happy for me to leave as much as I will be happy to be gone. From what I understand none of the Pain Management Clinics or doctors accept my insurance, so I have to pay out of pocket at least $120 per visit, so I figure if I have to pay that much to see a doctor I may as well see one that I like and has some respect for his patients. I do not recommend him to anyone.

|  I am shocked by the reviews  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Oh for about 8 months now for a torn disc and two ruptured disc's he genuinely cares about my treatment. He always asks my opinion on treatment and makes sure I am ok with our next step. I believe he is truely trying to help me get rid of my back pain for good. We have tried several different treatments and he explains things very well to me. Maybe it's because I understand what he is trying to tell me but I never experienced feeling uncomfortable or did I ever feel like he had an ego and didn't care about my treatment. All of those reviews shocked me as I have not experienced this behavior with Dr. Oh at all.

|  Dr. oh poor attitude  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2012

Dr. Oh in my opinion treats his patients like they are inferior to him.His bedside manner and attitude leave alot to be desired.

|  Yeah, pain meds  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2011

Yeah he's a great doctor if you want pain meds but he is lousy if you need any other kind of help or treatment.I was really surprised when I checked his medical record that there hadn't been any serious issues or disciplinary action.If you really need pain meds go see the fine doctors at Pain Consultants of Washington.I think Dr. Oh should see a doctor to have the foreign object removed from one of his bodily openings.

Dec 23rd, 2010

I am shocked by all the hostility on several review boards re: Dr Oh. I was referred by a nuerologist for non-surgical help w/ 2 herniated disks/pinched nerves. The amount of pain I was in when I first saw him couldn't be faked, so perhaps that is why I have never seen this ego-maniac pill with-holding, non-result showing monster several people mention? Dr. Oh referred me to someone who could help immediately with a shot into my C7 area then has followed up with me as needed, giving me shots himself in his office, showing great flexibility in fitting me in whenever I am in need! At first he seemed to speak over me, explaining things as if I knew what was what - when I shared that I had NO idea what anything meant: why/when/what/huh?? he made a noticable effort to speak in terms I could follow and showed no egobased frustration in doing so. He is working with me on breaking the cycle of pain that my neck & back muscles want to constantly spasm into & we have a goal in mind plus a slow steady approach that we discussed "together" Perhaps Dr Oh is a lil dry in his overall demeanor but that just makes it more endearing when I get him to laugh. :)

by Tia on May 28th, 2010

He helped me with a sciatica issue and I have not had any issues since!

by 8 out of 10 patients intervieved on Oct 21st, 2009

This Dr is not clear on his directions. He is not at all open minded, he gets an idea (right or wrong)in his head & you may as well noe exist. Poor bed side manner, unless you like a Dr that DOESN'T LISTEN!!!!! He never smiles, will never inquire how you are or are feeling, he is cold & belongs in Pathology or the Morgue.

Jun 2nd, 2009

He has helped my artritis a lot, but he has not investigated case. I have told him what the others say is wrong, he agrees with me and treats, it works but I feel he should look at x-rays, blood work, etc. However he takes my word that these things have been done.

by Stacy on May 7th, 2009 on yahoo.com

My husband has been seeing Dr. Oh for about 1 year. I have been with him to many appointments. This is the thing about DR. OH, he is very aware of people who are coming to get pain pills, he is also aware of people over shooting pain to get the pills. He is not stupid. He has been very good to my husband. He is working on his L&I case. He has submitted papers so L&I has to pay for his schooling to work in a different field because he can't do what he was doing before. Is he short sometimes, yes, but that has only been on the phone w/my husband. My husband has had it out with him before and DR. oh did not cut him off at all, he listened to my husbands concerns. After about 6 months on pain pills my hubby asked about SUBOXEN per that is what I take for my migranes. He put him on them and they have worked wonderful. And as for the person that said you will never feel pain pills again or only slightly feel them, that is not true. Suboxen only stays in your system for about 36 hours in which during that time opiates will NOT work. after that they will work like always. I know this because I had surgery and had to stop taking the suboxen 48 hours before major surgery and the pain pills worked fine after that. You need to research alittle more about suboxen because saying pills won't wrk ever again is not true. He is extremely smart about addiction. He has written books on it. He helped get my hubby off pills and has also helped me about knowing about addiction and i'm not even his patient. Thanks to DR. oh my husband will now get retrained at everett community college for two years to be a IT tech for computers all paid for. He has given us a new start in life even w/my hubbys back issues. I would recommend DR.Oh to people that really need help and NOT recommend him to people who are just trying to get pills because he can sense that very easily and when he does he probably does become pissed per you are wasting his time.

by current_patient on Apr 8th, 2009 on yahoo.com

old_patient is EXACTLY RIGHT! He is the worst thing that's ever happened to me regarding medicne. Arrogant, Mean, Mean Spirted, Very Confused, and sometimes just out right Dumb. He actually goes so far as to tell me how much pain I'm not only in at the time of a visit, but also how much pain I had been in 3-4 days before seeing him!??? What the hell is that?||ALSO, he is rarely right about topics, but NEVER WRONG about anything. He is consistently INTERRUPTVE (your lucky to get out 3 words in ANY kind of arguementative discussion, regardless of the subject), and I will catch him throwing verbal rocks at me during EVERY meeting.||I could go on for a while but, you must get the point by now....||Finally one last point must be made...he is in such a conflict of interest, that he doesn't know if he's a pain management physician or a drug diversion counselor....In my opinion, he is far more the latter...so, if you are trying to get help in an understanding, respectful atmosphere, this is not the place , and he is not the man....MOVE ON IF YOU'RE SMART!!!||Does anyone have any PERSONAL EXPERIENCE recommendations for another physician that fits the positive qualities I mentioned?? PLEASE HELP.

by spinal_tap on Mar 13th, 2009 on yahoo.com

He is arrogant and conceited. He talks down to his patients and can be downright rude if you question his advice in any way.||His solution for many spine problems is to strengthen your back muscles and take pain meds daily for the rest of you life if necessary. This does nothing to relieve pressure on the nerves form degenerated discs, thickened ligament flavum, spondylosis or bone spurs.||If you need to see a physiatrist, try one of the excellent doctors at WA Interventional Spine Assoc.||Your first course of action for spine problems should be to see a good neurologist. If you are considering surgery see both a neurosurgeon and an orthopedic surgeon so you can get at least two opinions on what to do.||While many disc injuries can heal themselves in time, they don't always. It depends on the injury and your genetic history. Degenerated discs can also lead to spondylosis, bone spurs, thickened ligament flavum, and facet DJD, none of which will get better without surgery.||Putting off needed spine surgery can lead to irreversible nerve damage so don't be afraid to consider surgery if 6 months of conservative treatment have failed.

by chris r on Feb 24th, 2009 on yahoo.com

You guys are nuts!! I have been seeing Dr. Oh for 6 years. He is a good Dr. and has treated my back very well! Without having surgery (which two other doctors told me I needed, but I did not want it) he has helped me to live a better life WITHOUT having to take pain medication on a regular basis.||Perhaps if you listened to what he told you to do to improve your spine health and not just want pain meds from him, you would have more success and a more positive feeling about him.||He is NOT an egomaniac and there is NO WAY he would become arguementative almost to the point of violence. That is pure BS!! The person who wrote that is a straight up liar!||I would recommend Dr. Oh to anyone I knew who had a back problem. I have refered a couple people who are also happy patients!

Sep 25th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I had the misfortune of having to work with Dr. Oh.. Wow is he an arrogant jerk. Very very hard to deal with, cannot be told he is wrong. If you told him he was on fire he would argue with you that he was not, and tell you why you are stupid for believein

Aug 23rd, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Oh is extremely arrogant especially since he really doesn't know what he is talking about half the time. His logic and his arguments are all over the map - full of inconsistencies and contradictons. His position on certain issues will spontaneously fl

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  rude, arrogant, clueless, greedy, stay away from this egomaniac  |  show details
by abused, neglected and humiliated on Aug 1st, 2008

This doctor is so bad at what he is supposed to be good at, and oh (pardon the pun) what an ego! Don't disagree with him or he will get really nasty. His theories are so far-fetched that you might as well be seeing a tribal witch-doctor. He has the power to prescribe pain medication and that power has gone to his big fat head. He sits in a thrown and towers above his patients, all part of what is nothing less than a full-blown god complex. He is very skilled at maximizing his practice. God help you if you need any personal attention. Stay away from this egomaniac.

Nov 6th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Dr. Oh at Kirkland Spine Care: I recommend Dr. Oh's website be read prior to making an appt. He is a great doctor, for both pain management and addiction to pain medications. Doctors can only treat so many patients at one time, so you need to be ready to