Surgical Specialist

435 Arden Ave
Ste 380
Glendale, CA 91203
818-240-5241
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch. Yahoo.
 |  Horrible experience  |  show details
by Brian M on Nov 14th, 2013

Dr. Ro provided me with the worst doctor experience I have ever had in my life, if not the most unpleasant experience with a person I've ever had in general. After spending an hour sitting in the examination room by myself, he spent about three minutes with me going over my MRI results. Aside from completely ignoring my prior doctor's diagnosis, he claimed there was nothing wrong with me other than "bad posture". Despite the fact I had already been diagnosed with a serious brain condition, he adamantly denied I had the condition whatsoever, and referred to my other doctors as 'dramatic'. He refused to answer any of my questions, like for exampe, "If there's nothing wrong with me other than bad posture, why am I having major neurological symptons such as my limbs going numb, losing my vision, and blinding/crippling headaches?"--his only response was "Case closed! I don't have time for this, I have other patients to see." followed by walking out of the room and leaving me there with my jaw on the floor. A 2nd opinion with another surgeon after my visit with Dr. Ro confirmed that I did in fact have a brain condition called chiari malformation, and I needed treatment immediately. Dr. Ro is the clearest case of a greedy and immoral doctor that's in the pocket of an H.M.O. that you will ever see. Don't even waste your time stepping foot in his office--he's not only a bad doctor, he's a rude and ignorant person. Not to mention his office is ancient and dated with poorly skilled and rude staff as well.

|  EXCELLENT SURGEON  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2012

Dr. Ro performed three back surgeries on me in 1981 due to accident related injury, and again in 1989 and 1990 as a result of a fall. I can say without hesitation that Dr. Ro is an excellent surgeon, is very compassionate and I am forever indebted to him. I am grateful for tweny two years of pain free living. His office staff have always been efficient and professional. Dr. Ro is the first doctor that I'd call if I ever need advice re a back problem.

|  PhD  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2011

Excellent surgeon and diagnostician. No sutures or staples, long 10 " insision made for severe spinal stenosis. Healed perfectly with no comlications or infection. Surgery lasted 5.5 hrs and it was meticulous. Had nosignificant pain and was walking on my vacation in Europein 3.5 weeks. Prior to this I was slumping, unable to walk for more than a few yards without stopping and was limping. I was going to need a walker. I am an older gentleman yet recovery was not difficult. My wife is very pleased since we can now hike together and go the things we love.

|  Very Inconsiderate and unprofessional  |  show details
by dgarcia on Apr 19th, 2010

Dr. Ro performed T11-T12 laminectomy/discectomy surgery on me on 10/6/2009. The surgery went very well. I have to say though that dealing with his office has been the worst nightmare I have ever experienced. The front office staff, Carmen, is the rudest front office person I have ever met. I requested copies of my medical records in January 2010 for my attorney. Carmen asked me what they were for so I told her they were for my attorney. Not that it was any of her business considering I have a right to my medical records. Anyways, I had my attorney request them and Carmen has given them nothing but trouble for the past three months. My disability insurance company also called me and said that Carmen would not provide them my medical records. I finally called Carmen myself and requested them. She said it would take two days and would cost me $25.00. I said no problem I'll be there in two days to pick them up. When I arrived at the office, Carmen was smiling at first but when she realized it was me, she rolled her eyes, turned to the lady who sits behind her and said "my name, is here" with a tone that could turn Medusa into stone. I have never been rude or demanding. I have always been polite and patient with her so I have no idea where her attitude came from. Dr. Ro is okay as well but once he does your surgery, you're pretty much on your own. I continued to have severe low back pain (I have several bulging discs throughout my spine). One day I was trying to ask him a question but I felt like Alice chasing after the white rabbit. I finally changed providers and no longer deal with his office. Thank goodness!. I had enough things to deal with, I didn't need their added stress to it. If you go there, be prepared.

|  Awfull doctors Office and very neglegent NEUROSURGEON  |  show details
by Patient of his .... on Jan 14th, 2010

Surgeon just like all others scared to spend insurances money. Did half way surgery but ignored the rest. Office is awfull with 100 years old billing lady and VERY NASTY ATTITUDE Carmen she works at the front desk . I am really upset with that office and neurosurgeon.Had to switch the doctors because staff is very slow and the neurosurgeon himself does not really deal with patients that he already performed surgery being so convinsed all world faking it. But indeed patient was crying of pain the whole night!!!

|  show details
by denise karimova on Oct 18th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr Kyoo Ro performed a thoracic laminectomy-discectomy on my back. I have to say he was the best surgeon and I am so glad that I went to him for my surgery. I was up out of bed walking around the very next day!!!! I have no pain (except for the staples mo

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  GREAT SURGENT  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2009

Dr. Ro, has done two surgeries on my back and the outcome of both surgeries have been great. He take his time and is very nice with his patients.

|  show details
Feb 2nd, 2007 on yahoo.com

Great Surgeon: Dr. Ro performed back surgery on my 74 yr. old mother. He was extremely compassionate, did regular follow-ups, and was very "human" during this scary time in my mother's life. The risky surgery was successful and my mother gained her mobili

Read Full Review at yahoo.com