Dr. Lakimerly Coates MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Rockford, IL

2.5

November 9th, 2016
It's very hard to get an appointment in this place. The phone is never answered and calls are never returned. While things that are going to be done are explained good by the doctor the wait time is ridiculous. And the turn over rate in staff is unbelievable. I see why she goes through so many patients.

August 27th, 2016
she is very nice and down to earth. she knows what she is doing. she makes you feel comfortable. I think she is fantastic.

November 30th, 2015
DO NOT SPEND A DOLLAR HERE.
The worst customer service in Rockford as far as the medical field. The doctor may be qualified but the office is insufficiently ran. You will wait an hour for your appointment and you will NOT get through to the office during office hours. They will not send you one bill or follow up over the phone before turning you in to a collection agency. Unethical, rude, and unprofessional.

September 21st, 2015
This office doesn't respect your time.

March 6th, 2015
Better doctors in the area
Terrible bedside manner, unorganized staff and very unprofessional receptionist. Find another doctor!

January 17th, 2015
Excellent Dermatologist
other than a wait for an appointment excellent doctor

September 5th, 2013
The Doctor is a mental case! Not recommended at all! Stay Away!

August 12th, 2013
I waited 45 minutes before I was seen and I even came 15 minutes early! The receptionist was rude!

August 12th, 2013
Very unprofessional office! Not recommended at all!

August 7th, 2012
Great doctor! She has a great bedside manner and helped my child tremendously!

February 10th, 2011
Very Professional. Great Doctor. I have recommended her to several friends and relatives.

September 19th, 2010
I, unfortunately, was very disappointed with my visit. I was a new patient when I called for an appointment and I made it clear that I would like a full-skin overview to check for moles and any irregular skin patches. My appointment was at 0800 on a Thursday and I was the only patient in the waiting room. I finished my paperwork at about 0815 and I did not get called into a patient room for another 20 minutes. My skin is a concern to me and I do not feel as if my needs were taken seriously. When the assistant came in, she looked at me like I was crazy when I told her I would like a full-skin assessment. She told me they would only be able to check for 'specific' concerns and I would have to make a separate appointment because the full-skin assessment would take 30 minutes. I did not even see Dr. Coates until 0845 which would have given them plenty of time for a full-skin overview considering my appointment was suppose to have started at 0800. I explained that I did not want to have to make another appointment and pay another $45 co-pay when my expectations of a full-skin assessment were made clear at my first phone call. I saw the doctor for maybe 10 minutes at the most and the actual assessment was very rushed. I was assessed on a chair rather than the bed. With one particular mole that I have been concerned about, she stated, "Oh, we'll just take it off." She made it seem like they would do it right there in the office. However, when the appointment was over, she said to make an appointment to have the biopsy done and make another appointment for the full-skin assessment. It appeared she had other things to do, but it took me 2 months to get into this particular doctor and I believe my time is just as valuable. I have no problem with paying for healthcare, but when I have to pay three co-pays of $45 when it could have been completed in one visit, I feel taken advantage of by the health system. I had called the office that same day after my appointment and I left a message stating what had happened during my appointment and I asked to be reimbursed for the visit. The next day I realized that my check had already been cashed. I had called day after day and could never get through to anyone, except through voicemail. I plan on visiting another dermatologist since I do not feel that my needs were met at this particular clinic, but I worry that my insurance will not cover my next doctor's appointment because I have recently visited Dr. Coates. I play a role in health care and I take my patients' needs very seriously. I find it unfortunate that it is not always reciprocated.