Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE show details TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE
by Meg on Oct 28th, 2014

This has to be one of the worst dr. offices that I have EVER dealt with. I moved from another state to RI about 4 years ago. I have had a total of 4 visits in the office for yearly exams and a emergency appointment. The Dr. I actually saw was Dr. Crowthers and I had no problem with her at all. My first appointment we went in her office and we spoke about my past history and what I was looking for. So the first appointment was great no issues / concerns to report. Then it comes to year 2…I have my annual exam done and I am told that I will be able to call and check on my results. When I called to check on the results I was told that I needed to call and speak with the dr. directly. Wow this is comforting…they won’t tell me anything! I make a call out to the dr. and I leave a message with Roberta. 2 days go by and no call back so I called again. Roberta gave an attitude and wanted to know why I wanted to talk to the dr. I explained that I was calling to get my test results. She place me on hold came back and said everything was fine. 3 days after that I got 2 voicemails from the dr. and that it was urgent that I call her back….i called back and had to leave another message that went unreturned for 4 days. I then got a letter in the mail stating that I needed to call the office in regards to my test results and they have not been able to get in contact with me. That’s funny because Roberta told me that I was FINE. I called again and demanded to stay on hold until the dr. was available. Finally was able to speak with the dr. who told me that she never got any of my messages and that Roberta was incorrect with looking at my files. Thankfully I am not dying and needed just to have some retesting done….but still very unsettling when you were told that you were ok. Fast forward to needing to go into the drs office for an emergency visit…I was not able to see the dr. that I normally see as she was out of the office (understandable) so I saw another dr. who I am not even sure of his name. This dr. asked me what my issue was and told me that I was over reacting and that my “issue” was normal. I will spare all details!! He didn’t even look at my area of concern, said that I had nothing to freak out about. No meds no nothing…2 weeks later get a bill for $75…for what I am not sure!! I’ve had enough. I can’t stand the office, I can not stand the staff. If my dr. were in another practice I might think about staying. I want to have a child next year and I would not trust them to take care of me and my unborn child. So I called and told them that I would not be staying with the practice. The woman on the phone demanded to know why…so I told her. I told that her attitude is one of the exact reasons. I told her that there practice needs a lot of work and that I needed to change drs. My new dr. office asked that I request that they send over my records. So I sent a faxed request…10 days later I received a bill for $19.50 to get my records sent. Ummmmmm really ?!?!?! This is absurd!! I called the office the moment I got the letter and left a message for the billing manager to call me. She called me and gave me an attitude right at the start of the call. Telling me that it is not her rules and that she doesn’t make the rules. She continuously interrupted me and told me I needed to pay it and I can take my issues up with the manager. Ok I paid it. My bp is not worth it to fight with them anymore. Yesterday I called as I needed a new script from them as my new appointment is not for 3 weeks. Barbara called me and rudely told me she will call me in a 1 month but that is it. Went to the pharmacy after work last night and you can probably guess…no meds were called in. I have given them the benefit of the doubt and still nothing has been called into the pharmacy. I just can’t take the stress and will NEVER go to this group again. Steer Clear of Broadway OB GYN.

May 28th, 2014

Very easy to talk to and very caring, has called on off hours to check and see how I was doing best doctor. She also delivered my daughter best bedside manner.

gyno show details gyno
by dawn russo on Apr 14th, 2014

awesome

Doctor shows no respect to patients. show details Doctor shows no respect to patients.
Jan 3rd, 2011

My daughter was referred to Dr Crowthers by a colleague in her practice (my doctor for over 20 years). Our appt was for 3:30 and we showed up at 3:45 due to traffic and was turned away and asked to reschedule because we were late. There was another patient in the waiting room that had a 3:45 appt and was still waiting at 4:00. Which means we would have been waiting for 30 mins to see her. This doctor felt that it was ok for me to wait over 30 mins to see her but she was justified in turn me away for being late by 15 mins. Show me a doctor that EVER sees their patients on time! I felt that her "holier than thou" attitude needs a REALITY check and turning someone away for being late just because you CAN is unprofessional and just down right mean. If this is the way she treats patients before she even meets them, how will she treat you when you really need her? She should be honored and humbled that a colleague would thought enough of her to refer a long standing patient and friend. So this doctor is screaming that "My time is more valuable than yours". Although I will reschedule with another doctor in the practice, I WILL NEVER ever allow her to see my daughter or anyone I know. I am glad we still live in a world that we still have the right to choose our doctors. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.

Issues of Blood show details Issues of Blood
by M. Davis on Apr 29th, 2009

I met Dr. Crowthers in 2004 I was in very bad shape due to fibroids on my uterus. She was very caring and diagnosed the problem right away unlike a previous Dr. I tried. Anyone who chooses her to be their doctor will be blessed, I was and I'm alive to speak about the entire situation.

Excellent OB/GYN show details Excellent OB/GYN
Oct 10th, 2008

Dr. Crowthers is very personable and easy to talk to. I like her frankness and efficiency.