Dr. Lajos Pusztai MD Patient Reviews

• 3 reviews

January 23rd, 2015
One of the Best
Dr. Pusztai is an extremely bright, kind, thorough doctor who spent almost an hour with me today, patiently mapping out all my options to fight Stage 4 Breast cancer. I was so impressed by his knowledge of the latest research as well as his patience when it came to answering all my questions. I left the office with several new options, an organized plan for the next few months to come and perhaps most importantly, a thing called hope.

May 14th, 2013
worst experience with a physician possible.
Two trips to Houston seeking help with stage 4 breast cancer. We provided all previous scans and documents requested by Md Anderson. On first visit the doctor failed to have scans scheduled. We took the blood tests and had to reschedule to return several weeks later. Dr. Pusztai has the weakest voice and you struggle to hear anything he says. He told us on the second visit that the blood tests could not be found and that Md Anderson radiologists can not read scans from any other facility. All he could tell us was that we had cancer. He obviously had not read anything about my wife or her history. He told us just to continue whatever our local oncologist recommended. Our local oncologist was prescribing a new medication he wasn't sure of and that is why were were at MD Anderson. We could not get another scan to check the new drug for three months and the drug was not working. I lost my wife far sooner than I should have due to the complete neglect of this man. His only interest which he made clear was to get to Yale for a new position there. He never contactted our local oncologist even after request. As a side note - He was more than two hours and 40 minutes late for our appointment. I'm sure he had a great lunch that day. Celebrating I'm sure. There are way too many injustices in this world. This man is a great example.

April 22nd, 2013
Patient
Dr. Pustzai was very thorough .The wait may have be been a little longer but it is to be expected at this type of visit since he has to review labs. etc before talking with the patient. I feel very fortunate to have had him as my physician.