Dr. Lakhinder Bhatia MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Palatka, FL

3.0

January 24th, 2015
Such a great Specialist. My care and well-being was his first priority. I felt very welcomed and his compassion for helping other exemplifies in his everyday procedure. 5/%

July 13th, 2011
asks for money BEFORE then doesn't REFUND
Will never go back to this doctor!!! He seems knowledgeable, yet not too caring and had a nervous outburst when I asked for a copy of my test results (to keep at home). He recommended that I have an endoscopy and asked for some money IN ADVANCE!!!! I have never heard of a doc asking for money up front for something he will do in a few weeks!!!Well, long story short, I paid $50 in advance. After insurance adjustments & payments his bill came up to $13, which means he owed me $37. HE STILL OWES IT TO THIS DAY! His billing office sent me a bill for about a year, for $13, and although I have called numerous times, it was long before they fixed the problem. Still waiting on the refund...

May 30th, 2011
Doctor is probably great but be prepared to pay in cash up front
The visit with Dr. Bhatia himself went well. Wait time was fine and his consult was rather canned however, my goal was simply a preventative care sigmoidoscopy. Dr. Bhatia was very professional and I had high faith in his ability to perform this procedure. Unfortunately, the office's no plastic (credit card or ATM debit card) policy was rather offputting as - when I made the appointment for the procedure - I was asked how I was going to pay the $500 deductible. I understand that doctors are not typically philanthropic organizations however, there seemed to be an undue amount of pressure to ensure I would pay before the procedure was scheduled. I went around a bit with the doctor's wife (his office assistant) and after several phone calls and more pressure than I care to deal with in a situation such as this, I declined to continue working with this particular doctor. I felt that if I needed any further care from this team, it would be difficult and strenuous. That being said, I am sure the doctor would have done a fine job and if I had been a bit more prepared with the finances, I think everything would have been fine.

October 24th, 2010
excellent
excellent physician

March 27th, 2010
at both appointments when I arrived nobody was at the office, the second time I had to wait in my car for 30 minutes and then after signing in they took a pt. who had a later appointment time than me first.the office manager is his wife, while I was there they had a very audible husband/wife argument and he was demeaning towards her. I was told prior to my appointment that my blood work results were in, however not all the results were, in particular the one I was most interested in, and they wanted me to come back to pay an additional co-pay just to hear the results of 1 more test. Furthermore, the scale at the office is a very old bathroom scale, and they dont accept credit cards which is an inconvenience. the overall professionalism is very low.

February 2nd, 2010