inactive

Lakshmi Myneni Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

August 31st, 2015
I wouldn't talk about all my experience in length, in respect of her and my privacy in the transaction. And the only summary of my feelings - VERY VERY different from what I usually expect as a baseline from a doctor. I'm not satisfied.

March 14th, 2014
Extremely disappointing
* I wish there is a zero-star rating, seriously. * I greatly wish there is a way to request the board to cancel her license, again seriously! Review: 1. She is just not a Doctor material: She is extremely unsocial, so authoritatively rude. She doesn't care about what you are saying or asking. Some of the responses I got for asking a question related to my illness "Let me do my work", "Don't worry about the reasons", "I'm extremely busy and cannot explain you about the issue. You can go ahead and read about it in the internet.", "Go do this first, we don't have time for your questions now", "I'm not here to teach you about practices. I'm doing you a favor by treating you while you are in pain. No one can pay me enough for my treatment". Now you judge :) The irony is - She spent 9mins 32 secs of our last conversation explaining how busy she is. And Then I got it - she is extremely busy telling 'I'm busy, I'm busy, I'm busy". It almost sounded like she is complaining about her life, but why should I judge or care about it? 2. I doubt her medical knowledge: I was referred by a different doctor with comments faxed to her on what was already done and why its a referral. Unwillingly and quite uncomfortably, I had to accept that she didn't read those reports. I tried telling her what was done, and she cut me off saying I need to remain calm and silent (!). And - She REPEATED a painful procedure to fail again. She said "sorry, thats not it", and I said "I know, I was trying to say the same. Dr.X said it in his reports..". And her response is "Oh". A simple 'Oh'. Her impatience to hear me, jumping to conclusions without logic, lack of spirit to apologize struck me hard. But I waited through thinking "Its not the best place and time to show my emotions, maybe I had a really bad problem throwing the Dr out of her comfort zone. I'll talk when she has a min." And that min never came. I got the impression that she really hates that min. 3. She is always in a rush: She reminds of my high-school kid. So excited for looking at a problem, 3x excited that she 'may' know an answer, so over-confidently dogged about answering it in the lowest time possible before anyone in the class or world can possibly answer, and finally arriving at a conclusion within minute (or even seconds) only to find out that she is wrong. Her doctor said its a form of cognitive distortion. Now, I'm not commenting on Dr's style but just a passive observation of an experienced parent, and Dr's health issues if any are out of context for now. She is ALWAYS in a rush. And one time after rushing us through the appointment, I came back from her office and went back-in after 5 mins (I forgot something) to find her talking about some pictures in facebook. I don't have a problem with her browsing-behaviors and commenting contents/styles, but on that specific evening - I just hoped that she was looking at some tendons or gouts that patients posted for her analysis. God Help Them. 4. She doesn't know how to say 'Please' Do they teach the social aspect of interacting with patients in Med Schools? If so, I'm sure she flunked it then, and would flunk again with historically lowest scores now :) Maybe she is from a different country or culture, and I'd always give the benefit of doubt involving linguistic traits. I manage a team of considerable size and diversity at work and I'm fairly experienced with and appreciate american diversity. Dr.Myneni said she had 21yrs experience in USA and I'm surprised she hasn't accepted the american language or values of social interactions. 5. Office is a mess Again, I don't have a problem with this but just an observation. She keeps searching for every little tool she had to use, steps on something with her right leg, kick something with her left, make her way with her hands, walking/sprinting fast in the very small office space. Maybe she didn't have enough supporting staff, or maybe she like it that way. I don't have a slightest problem as long as she doesn't trip on my leg. And if does, I'll have to see in court :) And lastly, do I recommend her to anyone - You got the answer but she has her own market -- Poor souls who need to see a rheumatologist without much waiting. Her doors are always open for new patients :). Oops, I forgot about old patients but never matter.. there aren't many of 'em left. Not judging but just kidding. Dr.Myneni - This is my honest feedback from my experience. I had no intention to deride you or your personal skill or abilities. I believe you endured many hardships through different part of world at different times and I have a great skill and ambition to go further. I'm sure you could be one of the greatest if you can fix the above factors, and I (along with other Rhematic patients) look forward to seeing you reach those heights. We need you. I hope you take my comments constructively. Here are my words of advice - 1. Understand your responsibilities as a Doctor. They don't end with a test and prescription, but go start way early and go way beyond. 2. Learn to be patient and be a good listener. Don't count on your dollars for every second you spend, that doesn't help you get professional. 3. Explain what is the issue, and what you want to do about treating or further diagnosing it if needed, and make sure they are okay with it. If your diagnosis and treatment are right, you don't have to hide it or get uncomfortable about it. 4. Take some courses for 'Professional' business interaction. You really need it. I haven't sensed least bit of professionalism in your interaction in-person or over-phone. You have to understand that professionalism is about instilling the comfort and confidence in customers. 5. Never complain about your life. The way you say "I'm busy" (more than 10 times in our 15 min interaction) completely sounds like a complaint and excuse to me. If you think you are really busy, learn to manage your schedules. As a general statement - No one in this world is busy. They either CAN or CANNOT do stuff. I repeat - "Try to be professional." Chant this mantra 10 times before seeing your next patient. 6. If you are really super busy, learn to manage your schedules. Don't get over-ambitious about the fees from someone you don't have time to treat. In this country, the first thing people care about is the quality of work and interaction (here - your treatment) than the costs involved (Thanks for the whole insurance/healthcare system). 7. "Patients are important". Chant it 100 times each hour, keep it on your tables, walls, everything your eye would possible land on while at work. Patients are helping you be a doctor, not the other-way round. If you don't like a patient, you are disliking your profession and you are in insult to the professional community. 8. Never let your emotions override your intelligence. Let your knowledge define you. 9. Lastly - Remember that this country (especially this state) has the best diversity in the world. This region in specific, you can assume most patients with a good business sense, values and ethics. They are generally very forgiving about accent, culture etc. But you also carry the pride of the land you came from, don't screw it for others.

October 6th, 2011
Dr. Myninni really cares
Dr. Mynini is a very caring and careful woman. She works hard to find out what the problem is and to find the right medications to treat you. She will spend as much time with you as you need. She tells the truth, even when it is hard to hear.