3.0

May 31st, 2016

I saw Dr. V through my whole pregnancy. She is very to the point and does not mess around with small details that she does not find important. Like the fact that at the end of my pregnancy I had an unexplained (at the time) high fever for a week. I would call she would tell me to wait it out. Meanwhile, I'm having contractions and feeling horrible. Again, I would call and eventually she had me admitted to the hospital. When I was admitted the staff at the hospital treated me horrible. Which is not Dr. Vs fault....however when she did show up she treated me just as the staff had. She acted like I was crazy. So she sent me home. I still had a fever and I was still having contractions. This was on a Tuesday. By Friday her partner had me come into the office and she immediately sent me to be admitted. Within an hour of being admitted they found out I had a life threatening infection. I had an emergency c-section and stayed in the ICU for a week....without my baby. How many times did Dr. V come to see me? A big fat zero. My follow up appointment she wouldn't see me. As a matter of fact she wouldn't even look at me or my baby. So would I recommend her? Not in a thousand years. However, her lack of empathy was overshadowed by her staff and partner. They were awesome!!! I only wish that they had been my doctor.

May 27th, 2016

I was 16 when I saw this dr for my first pelvic exam and it was a horrendous experience. I cried the whole way home because she hurt me so bad. No bedside manner at all. Never went back, never will. The next gynecologist I saw was at Planned Parenthood and the doctor there was so kind, gentle and informative and used a small speculum that was warmed.

by Snider on Feb 29th, 2016

Very informative. Expained things well.

by Julie on Dec 19th, 2015

Dr. Vemulapalli was very caring, thorough and very professional. She always made me feel like my health was very important, provided me with all of my options and didn't push me to decide one way or the other. I am very thankful that she took me seriously and helped me get to the bottom different problems on different occasions, including one that was life threatening. I am extremely grateful that she is my Doctor.

Go elsewhere show details Go elsewhere
Sep 28th, 2015

I'm completely disappointed with Dr. Vemulapalli. For regular exams AND infertility appts. I'm always waiting half-naked on the table for AT LEAST a half hour. I'm always on time or early too. Her staff are unfocused and incompetent too. At the last visit I had to find a phone number AND test results for them.

Mar 2nd, 2015

Dr V delivered my last baby and was very proactive and through. Great dr!

knowledgable, caring, takes time to explain show details knowledgable, caring, takes time to explain
Oct 11th, 2014

I don't understand the reviews that read, "cold" & "uncaring". My experience as a new gyn patient since 2011 (3 yrs ago) has been completely the opposite. She definitely spends adequate time with me every visit, giving me her complete attention. I never feel rushed. She explains things and talks to me. She has a great bedside manner.

Find another Doctor show details Find another Doctor
Sep 8th, 2014

I was "assigned" to Dr. Vemulapalli after I found out I was pregnant. She was cold, uncaring, and uninspiring. I was looking for someone who would guide me through my pregnancy. She offered no information about how to care for myself or what to expect. She said she would send "e-script" for prenatal vitamins, but didn't. I had to call the office the next day and have someone else do it. I would never go to this practice again.

Aug 7th, 2013

Rude,cold,uncaring,poor bedside manner. She has very long nails like claws unsanitary. Rough. Doesnt care what patient has to say. I will never go to her again and do not recommend her. Her staff is slow and unpleasant. The only staff member that was efficient and nice was the ultrasound tech.

Jun 2nd, 2013

most memorable....I almost bled to death..!! she performed a procedure on me and when I returned for the check-up the next day and expressed my concern over the amount of pain I was experiencing , she brushed aside my concern, made me feel as if I did not have any reason for it, then I started hemorrhaging and instead of calling an ambulance from her place of business she had me wait for orders then drive myself to the hospital about 7 miles away... I was seeing stars and was weak from blood loss...Thankful for the doctor that saved my life during the emergency surgery that followed, Vemulapalla never even called to check on my condition!

Nov 15th, 2012

Leans toward operating. Rude at times if question posed. Staff disgruntled

Jul 13th, 2012

Dr. Vemulapalli is the best ob/gyn you can ask for. She is very personable, knowledgable and professional. You can't get better care than with this doctor! I absolutely adore her and can't wait for her to deliver my husband's and my second child!

Sep 21st, 2011

Dr. V diagnosed and treated my high blood pressure during pregnancy. She is stern and does not put up with nonsense from the patient, but she is very knowledgeable and she answered any questions I had. She delivered my son and was encouraging and supportive during labor. I will continue to see her as long as she is in practice!

Feb 2nd, 2011

I went to Dr. V to see about a cyst, and as it turns out one of the ultrasounds I had received indicated that I could have a bicornuate uterus. She told me I shouldn't be concerned about the cysts, but that she was concerned about the possible bicornuate uterus and VERY briefly explained what it was and listed off a number of complications that could result using technical terms. I don't have any children, so I wasn't sure what all of them meant and I tried to ask her. She said at the point that she wouldn't talk to me about it because we didn't know if I had it. Then I got another ultrasound on site, and she came in to look at it. She proceeded to tell the woman giving me the ultrasound that I did indeed have the condition, and then told the same woman (not me) that I could have another, fairly invasive procedure done to figure out how bad it was. She wouldn't really explain much to me or even address me, and she then left the room and didn't meet with me again. Luckily the woman giving me my ultrasound was very nice and knowledgeable, and she explained some things to me. I was devastated to learn that I had bicornuate uterus, but the worst part was how I found out. In my opinion Dr. V was incredibly insensitive, not willing to spend any time explaining this condition to me, and at the time she didn't really recommend any follow up either. Luckily, I had wanted to get a second opinion, and I already had another appointment set up. My new doctor is smart, nice, and took the time to explain the situation to me, including the fact that they couldn't really know if I had a bicornuate uterus or a septate uterus using only an ultrasound. She recommended follow up work and I know feel fully educated about the issue. I would never recommend Dr. V to anyone. She is rude, incomplete, and it seems she jumps to conclusions without a full workup. She clearly didn't have the time or any interest in speaking with me about my situation. If you want a doctor who will answer your questions or spend any meaningful amount of time with you I wouldn't go to her!

She's the best! show details She's the best!
Jun 30th, 2010

I've been going to Dr. V. for probably over 30 years, and she is the best. I wouldn't be comfortable seeing anyone else.

Apr 26th, 2009

very cold and uncaring...