Obstetricians & Gynecologists
2501 W 12th St
Ste 10
Erie, PA 16505
814-314-0072
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Aug 7th, 2013

Rude,cold,uncaring,poor bedside manner. She has very long nails like claws unsanitary. Rough. Doesnt care what patient has to say. I will never go to her again and do not recommend her. Her staff is slow and unpleasant. The only staff member that was efficient and nice was the ultrasound tech.

Jun 2nd, 2013

most memorable....I almost bled to death..!! she performed a procedure on me and when I returned for the check-up the next day and expressed my concern over the amount of pain I was experiencing , she brushed aside my concern, made me feel as if I did not have any reason for it, then I started hemorrhaging and instead of calling an ambulance from her place of business she had me wait for orders then drive myself to the hospital about 7 miles away... I was seeing stars and was weak from blood loss...Thankful for the doctor that saved my life during the emergency surgery that followed, Vemulapalla never even called to check on my condition!

Nov 15th, 2012

Leans toward operating. Rude at times if question posed. Staff disgruntled

Jul 13th, 2012

Dr. Vemulapalli is the best ob/gyn you can ask for. She is very personable, knowledgable and professional. You can't get better care than with this doctor! I absolutely adore her and can't wait for her to deliver my husband's and my second child!

Sep 21st, 2011

Dr. V diagnosed and treated my high blood pressure during pregnancy. She is stern and does not put up with nonsense from the patient, but she is very knowledgeable and she answered any questions I had. She delivered my son and was encouraging and supportive during labor. I will continue to see her as long as she is in practice!

Feb 2nd, 2011

I went to Dr. V to see about a cyst, and as it turns out one of the ultrasounds I had received indicated that I could have a bicornuate uterus. She told me I shouldn't be concerned about the cysts, but that she was concerned about the possible bicornuate uterus and VERY briefly explained what it was and listed off a number of complications that could result using technical terms. I don't have any children, so I wasn't sure what all of them meant and I tried to ask her. She said at the point that she wouldn't talk to me about it because we didn't know if I had it. Then I got another ultrasound on site, and she came in to look at it. She proceeded to tell the woman giving me the ultrasound that I did indeed have the condition, and then told the same woman (not me) that I could have another, fairly invasive procedure done to figure out how bad it was. She wouldn't really explain much to me or even address me, and she then left the room and didn't meet with me again. Luckily the woman giving me my ultrasound was very nice and knowledgeable, and she explained some things to me. I was devastated to learn that I had bicornuate uterus, but the worst part was how I found out. In my opinion Dr. V was incredibly insensitive, not willing to spend any time explaining this condition to me, and at the time she didn't really recommend any follow up either. Luckily, I had wanted to get a second opinion, and I already had another appointment set up. My new doctor is smart, nice, and took the time to explain the situation to me, including the fact that they couldn't really know if I had a bicornuate uterus or a septate uterus using only an ultrasound. She recommended follow up work and I know feel fully educated about the issue. I would never recommend Dr. V to anyone. She is rude, incomplete, and it seems she jumps to conclusions without a full workup. She clearly didn't have the time or any interest in speaking with me about my situation. If you want a doctor who will answer your questions or spend any meaningful amount of time with you I wouldn't go to her!

|  She's the best!  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2010

I've been going to Dr. V. for probably over 30 years, and she is the best. I wouldn't be comfortable seeing anyone else.

Apr 26th, 2009

very cold and uncaring...