Dr. Laligam Sekhar MD, BS, FACS, MBBS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 30th, 2017
Changed Life
IN 1986 DR SEKHAR CHANGED MY LIFE! MY TUMOR HAD GONE TO THE CRANIAL BASE AND NO ONE AT THAT TIME WAS DOING THAT TYPE OE SURGERY. AFTER VISITING OTHER DR'S WE LEARNED OF DR SEKHAR. WE PUT IN A REQUEST TO MEET WITH HIM, I TOOK 3 PAGES OF QUESTIONS TO ASK HIM. HE ASKED TO HOLD OFF QUESTIONS UNTIL HE FINISHED, I WAS AMAZED HE ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS BEFORE I COULD ASK! HE REMOVED A LARGE MASS FROM MY HEAD WHILE IT WAS BEING FILMED FOR TEACHING. MY QUESTION WAS WHERES MY COMMISSION AND HE'D LOOK AT ME WITH A STRAIGHT FACE AND ASK DO YOU WANT TO SEE IT. WE'VE BOTH GOTTEN GRAY HAIR NOW BUT I'M STILL ALIVE TO WALK MY DAUGHTERS DOWN THE ISLE. THANKS DR.SEKHAR I MISS YOU IN PITTSBURGH IT WAS A GOOD REASON TO GO GET STEAK N CHEESE

January 9th, 2017
Dr. Sekhar saved my mother's life in 1990, safely removing a very large menigioma that others said was inoperable. His surgical skill coupled with his personable bedside manner and wonderful caring attitude makes Dr Sekhar far superior to his peers.

May 21st, 2016
Cavernoma
This man saved my life!!! He is God'said angel on earth! He prays with every patient prior to surgery and is absolutely amazing

February 26th, 2016
Get a second opinion
There are three things to look up; Hubris, Anesthesia Dolorosa, Second Opinion. We have had the second for 3 years with 24/7 pain and no hope of correcting that. The last we wished we would have gotten before the surgery. Dr Sekhar performed the surgery and in the five month following, never diagnosed the condition. Swedish Hospital took 30 minutes to do so and confirmed that there is no fix.

October 20th, 2015
I feel Dr. Shekar saved my life.I would recommend him to anyone who needs any kind of neuro surgery.

May 23rd, 2015
second best neurosurgeon in the world!
Amazing man. He is a genius. Was told ahead of my surgery that he is the second best in the world. I would believe it. He is not the warmest kind of perso(probably too busy saving lives) n but he is very conscientious. He must be a Christian because ahead of my very risky surgery, he paid to God that he will use his hands for His Glory and will direct him how to proceed. I felt him so humble for the first time, and kind that I cried. Next thing I knew is I was awake and well, still talking and understanding what people were saying around me. It really was a miracle because I was thought to lose my speech and possibly even an eye. The surgery was performed a few nano metres above my speech centre. It's only then I saw him smile for the first time. He is a driver. He has no time to wait much, even impatient but if you want a neuro surgeon who's smart and wise, he's the one. I could not thank God enough for this man s amazing life! Thank you dr. Sekkar, I will always keep you in my heart. Thank you for this in humility you have shown before I went under. I think this was where the miracle started to happen. God is alive! Blessed is His name! HallelujahHallelujah keep up your great work in alleviating pain in people's lives. You are awesome!

April 1st, 2015
This doctor saved my life. He is a kind, wonderful person.

February 2nd, 2015
Could not ask for a better surgeon or physician.

March 26th, 2014
DO YOUR RESEARCH
vascular decompression or av-mal obliteration have the potential for Anesthesia Delarosa as a consequent of the surgery. This was not well explained prior to surgery and the possible effect on the eye would have changed our decision. While the surgery was successful from a vascular view, the life of pain with little to no hope of relief made for a poor trade.

November 9th, 2012
excellent Dr to care for Brain aneurysm clipping! After care excellent also. I more than survived to tell about it!

November 7th, 2012
Four Surgeries In Six Weeks
Dr. Sekhar performed four surgeries in six weeks at Harvorview Medical Center for meningiomas on my brain and brain stem. I traveled from Virginia because of his reputation and previous experience with him in 1999 when he performed a carotid bypass also due to multiple meningiomas.Each surgery was a success. His skill as a surgeon is superior in every way. Communication was incredible. He responded quickly to emails and kept us well informed before, during, and after each procedure.I enthusiastically recommend him to everyone. You will never find a better physician, surgeon, and human being.

April 28th, 2012
I would like to express my thanks and gratitude to Dr Sekhar ,my son suffered a raptured brain anurysm his life was saved at Harboview hospital a month later another anurysm formed close to where they clipped the vein for the first time,a bypass was recommended and here came Dr.Sekhar a great Dr with high skills of communication he made me feel my son was safe with him despite all the risks involved.He did the surgery and it was a success ,Now my son is back to his normal life Thanks God and Thanks to Dr Sekhar the angel sent by God for us so I believe