Dr. Laligam Sekhar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 21st, 2016
Cavernoma
This man saved my life!!! He is God'said angel on earth! He prays with every patient prior to surgery and is absolutely amazing

February 25th, 2016
Get a second opinion
There are three things to look up; Hubris, Anesthesia Dolorosa, Second Opinion. We have had the second for 3 years with 24/7 pain and no hope of correcting that. The last we wished we would have gotten before the surgery. Dr Sekhar performed the surgery and in the five month following, never diagnosed the condition. Swedish Hospital took 30 minutes to do so and confirmed that there is no fix.

October 19th, 2015
I feel Dr. Shekar saved my life.I would recommend him to anyone who needs any kind of neuro surgery.

May 23rd, 2015
second best neurosurgeon in the world!
Amazing man. He is a genius. Was told ahead of my surgery that he is the second best in the world. I would believe it. He is not the warmest kind of perso(probably too busy saving lives) n but he is very conscientious. He must be a Christian because ahead of my very risky surgery, he paid to God that he will use his hands for His Glory and will direct him how to proceed. I felt him so humble for the first time, and kind that I cried. Next thing I knew is I was awake and well, still talking and understanding what people were saying around me. It really was a miracle because I was thought to lose my speech and possibly even an eye. The surgery was performed a few nano metres above my speech centre. It's only then I saw him smile for the first time. He is a driver. He has no time to wait much, even impatient but if you want a neuro surgeon who's smart and wise, he's the one. I could not thank God enough for this man s amazing life! Thank you dr. Sekkar, I will always keep you in my heart. Thank you for this in humility you have shown before I went under. I think this was where the miracle started to happen. God is alive! Blessed is His name! HallelujahHallelujah keep up your great work in alleviating pain in people's lives. You are awesome!

April 1st, 2015
This doctor saved my life. He is a kind, wonderful person.

February 2nd, 2015
Could not ask for a better surgeon or physician.

March 26th, 2014
DO YOUR RESEARCH
vascular decompression or av-mal obliteration have the potential for Anesthesia Delarosa as a consequent of the surgery. This was not well explained prior to surgery and the possible effect on the eye would have changed our decision. While the surgery was successful from a vascular view, the life of pain with little to no hope of relief made for a poor trade.

July 11th, 2013
If you want to be assured of the very best in his field then Dr. Sekhar is at the top of the list. If you want someone else to perform the procedure( not performed by the consulting surgeon) make a critical error, cause permanent damage and act as if there is no liability they are also at the top of the list. Its a teaching hospital so if an error is made and they have to re-operate, they will charge you for the second procedure and avoid fault and call it physicians discretion. How do you explain having a preventative procedure then spending the following 14 days in ICU trying to correct the problem( which lead to permanent and irreversible damage ) that never existed prior to the first procedure. It comes down to certain renowned surgeons and hospitals are beyond reproach and are not held accountable for their errors. I advise you never allow a surgical procedure of importance be conducted on you at a teaching hospital if it is not the head surgeon performing the procedure.

November 8th, 2012
excellent Dr to care for Brain aneurysm clipping! After care excellent also. I more than survived to tell about it!

November 7th, 2012
Four Surgeries In Six Weeks
Dr. Sekhar performed four surgeries in six weeks at Harvorview Medical Center for meningiomas on my brain and brain stem. I traveled from Virginia because of his reputation and previous experience with him in 1999 when he performed a carotid bypass also due to multiple meningiomas.Each surgery was a success. His skill as a surgeon is superior in every way. Communication was incredible. He responded quickly to emails and kept us well informed before, during, and after each procedure.I enthusiastically recommend him to everyone. You will never find a better physician, surgeon, and human being.

April 28th, 2012
I would like to express my thanks and gratitude to Dr Sekhar ,my son suffered a raptured brain anurysm his life was saved at Harboview hospital a month later another anurysm formed close to where they clipped the vein for the first time,a bypass was recommended and here came Dr.Sekhar a great Dr with high skills of communication he made me feel my son was safe with him despite all the risks involved.He did the surgery and it was a success ,Now my son is back to his normal life Thanks God and Thanks to Dr Sekhar the angel sent by God for us so I believe

June 27th, 2011
Mother
Dr. Sekhar and his medical staff are absolutely wonderful! I am convinced that part of my daughter's courage came from the knowledge that she was in good and loving hands wherever we turned for help. Although it has been 10-months, Dr. Sekhar is always available to answer questions from afar. And, he remembers her case. I would highly recommend Dr. Sekhar and his medical staff to anyone with a critical illness / incident such as we had.