Orthopedic Surgeons
9650 Gross Point Road
Suite 2900
Skokie, IL 60076
(847) 866-7846
Locations and availability (1)

|  Thank You Thank You from both of my knees!  |  show details
by Joan Tinnell on Jun 16th, 2014

I was an extremely active person , travel nonstop with my job and when my knees interrupted my great life I went to see Dr Puri, he was kind and did every option possible to postpone the inevitable , he never pushed me to get the surgery he made it a team decision what in the long term would provide me my quality of life again. So I did one knee and then a year later the next! For those of you who say after one knee you will never go back just remember you are only 50 % fixed . I did both it was a trying journey , but with the love from Marie and Kim it was worth it ! I am Soooo happy with my results , it took a good year to really turn that corner but it does happen . If I had a third knee I would put it in Dr .Puri's hands again! Thank You so much. Joan Tinnell

|  Great surgeon - bad buddy  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2014

I went to Dr. Puri on the recommendation of another MD so I didn't have any personal recommendations to go by. His resume was very impressive but you still don't know.... Anyway, I met him and he seemed like a no BS kind of guy, answered ALL my questions (even the uncomfortable ones) honestly so I scheduled a THA with him. From the minute I woke up from my anesthesia I knew I had made the right choice. I have had no big problems with pain, his support staff is awesome and although he is definitely lacking in the pat your hand type of bedside manner his skill as a surgeon is what I really needed. I would not hesitate to send family or friends to him.

by jenithxia sanchez on Nov 11th, 2013

i didn`t think it was possible for me to walk normal again.thank you for taking my case. you are the best.

|  Patient  |  show details
by John Rizzo on Nov 3rd, 2013

Had total knee replacement 3 mo. ago by Dr. Puri. Great job. Should have had it done years ago. Can't believe how better I feel.

|  the surgery is most important  |  show details
by Kingsley C. on Sep 11th, 2013

Lalit Puri, MD is an ideal doctor. He inspires confidencet, properly placing some responsibility for full recovery upon, and giving credit to, the patient ..... vigorous rehab, etc. I particularly appreciate his well-placed optimism. He has done my two hip replacements and I am back to doubles tennis and swimming. Promptness, courtesy, bedside manner are excellent and of importance, but I laud most highly D. Puri's skills as a surgeon. Kingsley

|  He walks on water  |  show details
by Maureen L Muse on May 3rd, 2013

For nearly 5 years other doctors had diagnosis ed me as needing back surgery as a result of acar accident I had in 2002. I went to some of the best doctors n Chicago. I was finally diagnosis ed deteriorated hip joints. I went to Illinois Bone and Joint in Chicago to one of their top surgeons. It was 2/2007 and the nest opening he had for surgery was 8/2007. I just cried. I talked to a friend whose son is a foot surgeon at Northwestern. He told me about Dr Puri. I was in to see Dr Puri within 3 to 4 days and was having my left hip surgery a week later and my right hip surgery 3 weeks later. This man is a saint. He took me from the worst pain I ever felt in my life back to an active and interactive life. He is efficient, thorough and caring. Having gone from a cane, to crutches, to a walker, to riding around Target and Jewel in one of those carts, to a wheelchair. I know that since I had the pleasure of Dr Puri's excellent surgical skills, I can walk, work and enjoy my family today. I can't say enough about Dr Puri. I recommend him to everyone who has to have hip or knee replacement.

Jan 28th, 2013

by Karen Ryberg on Jan 24th, 2013

I chose Dr. Puri because of good reviews, and yes...it's Northwestern! I needed a hip replacement because the pins from a previous femur fracture had caused necrosis (dying) of the hip joint. Due to lack of blood flow. Dr. Puri assured me that he could successfully do this surgery. The pins would need to be removed. Dr. Puri was condescending to me but I was in need of help. The hip replacement was successful, however, one month later, the femur SHATTERED where the pins had been removed and had not been reinforced in any way! No pins or plates to support the empty holes that were left.. I had done nothing to instigate this break. It just happened. On my basement stairs, where I sat for 21/2 hours until someone came home to call the ambulance. I cannot even describe the pain. After finally arriving at Northwestern, with a stop overnight at Good Shepherd in Barrington because they didn't know what to do with me and had never seen such a thing, I received repair surgery with plates by Dr. Merck who did an excellent job. Dr., Puri happened to be on vacation! When he stopped by to see me, I said, "Please don't let this happen to amyone else." He said, "I'm sorry this happened to you." That's it. Enough said.

|  New patient consultation  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

I went to Dr. Puri as a referral from my PCP for follow-up from a total knee replacement as my previous surgeon no longer accepts my insurance.Dr. Puri ordered 3 x-rays, apparently viewed them, (am unsure as he never discussed them with me, despite me asking questions about them), and told me my best choice for care, was to obtain new insurance so I could go back to him for care. Dr. Puri was cold hearted, and didn't care about my issues of pain or lumps present in my leg. When I would ask him a question his general response, was "I don't do that, what can I do for you?" He wasted my time and was actually rude and arrogant. I do not recommend this physician to anyone unless, you want to be treated like a piece of dirt on the bottom of someone's shoe.

|  Great Surgeon! Amazing Recovery!  |  show details
May 24th, 2011

All I can say is I'm 5 weeks out from my Total Left Hip Replacement. I'm walking without aides, I'm almost completely off pain meds, incision's healed beautifully and I'm walking better than I have in years. I've been amazed by the recovery and results and I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Dr. Puri if I needed to.

|  Poor follow up  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2011

Dr. Puri surgery skill is excellent. However, he has little to no time for post op care. Despite complications he did not see patients nor call beyond the 2 post op visits. Very disappointed in his after care and wish I had gone elsewhere.

Dec 2nd, 2010

I had both of my hips replaced by Dr. Puri. From the very first appointment to my last he was warm, caring, professional, put me at ease, not to mention performing 2 seamless surgeries. I would recommend him to EVERYONE AND ANYONE who needed hip replacements. I can't sing his praises enough.

Nov 3rd, 2010

i was refered to dr puri after my insurance was changed. i could'nt be happier,i was up and moving the next day.i strongly recommend dr. puri and his staff.also the recovery floor at northwestern is outstanding.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2010

He did a superb job on my hip replacement surgery. It was a life-changer for me. He explained things well, was courteous and not too full of himself, and was good on the follow-up. My other hip will need replacing sooner or later, and he'll be the doctor I have do it.

Jul 30th, 2010

Excellent physician. Replaced knee and hip. Very concerned and caring. I would recommend highly.

|  Initial impressions  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2010

I have consulted with Dr. Puri twice about my deteriorating hip -- I appreciate his conservative approach: if I can still manage, put drastic action off. Now that I cannot, get set for a replacement. He has been cordial, direct, and tries to put the patient "in control" -- in a situation where no one is really in control. I will probably sign on with him for the next step, and report in later on how it actually works out. I recognize that each of the health professionals work within the constraints of their institutional setting, and I am new to Northwestern.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2009

Dr. Puri treated both my mother and later my elderly uncle for hip replacements. Both had exceptional experiences with Dr. Puri. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Sep 13th, 2009

Charged $400 for a 15 minute consultation.

|  Can say only the best  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2009

Wonderful physician.Did a great job with my THR. Very patient-focused Doc.Going to him was one of the best decisions I ever made

|  New Life  |  show details
by Zinka Hota on Mar 29th, 2009

Dr. Puri made me really happy for performing knee replacement surgery. He gave me new hope for life, because I can walk again without pain. He is very profesional and caring doctor. He made all my fears go away. Thank you Dr. Puri

|  He was the best!  |  show details
by Janet Franz on Aug 24th, 2008

Dr. Puri made the best of a bad situation with my knee. He was so in charge and made me feel extremely comfortable with what was happening. Also, his nurse Kim is just the best. I certainly recommend him to anyone needing a knee/hip replacement.