Dr. Lalith Tissera MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

no change

August 13th, 2015
Great Doctor
Very professional office. I was searching for weeks but no one was taking on new patients. This office sets aside certain hours daily for new patients to be seen. There is no wait. I was lost on my first visit and probably called 4 times but the staff was very nice and got me there without a hint of irritation. I have been at this office for 6 months now and I not only receive a phone reminder but a text and email about my appointments. The office is very efficient and always able to squeeze me in at the last moment. They have add on times every hour that you are able to sit and wait between scheduled patients if you miss an appointment, which I have done twice. Best office and staff! Glad I found them.

March 18th, 2015
He is great! i always have a wonderful visit

February 23rd, 2015
Great doc, horrible office staff.

January 5th, 2015
I like Dr Tissera..he doesn't coddle or lecture. He asks how your feeling, taking mx, need any ,thats it. To me thats the sign of a professional.He's the best I've gone to in a while.

April 11th, 2013
Office Stinks
When I first started seeing this provider, things were okay. I would go in, he would hand me my prescriptions, and then I would leave. I know that is all that would happen because he is not someone that gives counseling. As time went by, appointments would be harder to get and I would end up running out of medication before I could see him. The service got worse and worse. When you call the office, if you do not take the first appointment that is offered to you, they give you a hard time. When I did go for an appointment, I would barely get into his office before he gave me my prescriptions and sent me on my way. The last straw was recently. I called to make an appointment and was told that my insurance now required referrals and prior authorizations before I could see the doctor. I thought this was strange because I do know about my insurance requirements and I had never needed these in the past. After trying to get the referral and prior auth for two weeks from my PCP, I finally called my insurance company and they told me that I did not need either. Dr. Tissera's office did not believe me and I actually had to have someone from my insurance company call the office. After that, I still could not get an appointment for awhile. I ran out of my medications. I asked to leave a message for Dr. Tissera to call me back. I received a phone call 4 days later from the office manager telling me that Dr. Tissera does not call patients and if I did not like the service, I could find somewhere else to go. I was calling to try and get a refill on my prescriptions just to hold me over until I could see the Dr. He will not do this. You have to pay for the office visit or you do not get the prescriptions, even though it was a one time thing. That is what I get after seeing this provider for over 4 years. I am in the process of filing a complaint. Thank goodness my PCP has written me the prescriptions until I can find a new psychiatrist.

January 29th, 2013
Insurance Fraud
Dr Tissera practices unethical mental health treatment. He will prescribe anything to anyone regardless of the patients mental health.

May 2nd, 2012
to the point
This man is very Neuroscience oriented.Good advice, Knows his Medicine , Yale trained. Good gyu, you feel he is your friend.

August 24th, 2011
Not a drive thru experience
He doesn't run a mill. Caring ,down to earth . Very professional and knows his stuff.A complete MD, knows his medicine. My mom gets all her medicines reviewed by him. We love the guy.

July 14th, 2011
A Shrink Quack
The "Shrink" is a pill pusher that only sees you if you need a prescription refilled. All other times you are seen by a "therapist" that just listens but offers no real solutions.

May 7th, 2011
a good doctor. no more to say. Most Psychiatrists don't look at you. He was compassionate and listened to us.

April 4th, 2011
One of the best Doctor's offices I have been to. The office staff is very courteous and helpful. The doctor is very knowledgeable.

March 1st, 2011
Dr Tissera is one of the best doctors around. He is very considerate, knowledgeable and discreet. He really listens to you and explains what is going on. Also, he is VERY considerate of the costs of all medications, so if he has it, he tries samples first.