inactive

Lalitha Vadlamani-Simmers MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

August 31st, 2015
My children have seen Dr "V" for more than 10 years and we love her. She quickly and accurately diagnosed my daughter's anemia as thalassemia, although the previous pediatricians had missed that diagnosis. Great bedside manner with the kids, even through the years as they've gotten older.

April 22nd, 2015
Discriminates against anti vaccine kids
Dr. Vladlamani refused to see my child for a bug bite, because we do not vaccinate. Sent a nurse to tell us. Beware of any provider that makes politically charged decisions without any discussion with patient, regardless of the reason. She definitely has a right to refuse, and we are thankful that due to our choices we avoided being seen by this physician, who is clearly a one topic, one dimensional provider. We hope that the practice will save people the time of coming to their office by making doctor's stances on vaccine/no vaccine available in the waiting room prior to check in.

December 19th, 2014
Mom
Dr V was amazing! We just moved to the area and were worried about finding a pediatrician the kids would love as much as their old one. No problems! Even my 15 year. Old was okay with nowchaving a girl pediatrician. She makes the awkward conversations okay and really put the kids at ease. I can't recommrnd her enough! Her office staff was also very friendly. It was just a relaxed and personable experience all around!

November 26th, 2014
Never again! Not only did we have to wait over 45 minutes, she acted like we were wasting her time. She acted like I was stupid for putting the lotion that another doctor prescribed on my son. She came across very harsh, uncaring and rude!

June 13th, 2011
Be warned
I have seen at least five different pediatricians in the Niceville/FWB/Destin area and Dr. V is my LEAST favorite. To begin with she "botched" my son's circumcision, not seriously, but enough that he my need cosmetic work latter on to correct it. On top of that, I took him in for a persistent cough and she insisted that he has allergies and I should put him on daily allergy meds. She said she could see a crease across the bridge of his nose where he was constantly wiping his nose. She said the allergy meds were just like "putting on a seatbelt when you get in the car", meaning I guess that we should just take them by habit without even thinking because they are good for us??? Anyway, I am a homeschool mom, and I am with my three kids 24/7, and I KNOW my son is not constantly wiping his nose! She made me feel negligent and silly for refusing the meds but I'm glad I did. His cough resolved itself in a few days with rest and good nutrition. I had similar experiences with her on two other occasions and to top it off she is often a bit crass with her language in front of the kids. Her husband, Dr. Simmers, is not as pushy or crass but he is not that great either. I have never submitted an online review before, but I am hoping this information is helpful to other moms out there.

December 4th, 2010
I can understand why parents who like to be told what to do by others would like this physician.She doesn't explain to patients what their rights are (eg. whether a parent has the right to refuse gardesil vaccine for their child). Instead of informing parents of the options & enabling them to decide what's right for their child, she takes it upon herself to decide. She also acts presumptuous, taking too much liberty with you the moment she first meets you/your child instead of trying to know you/your child. Parents who like to think for themselves & make informed decisions for their child would best be served by someone else.

July 15th, 2009
Bad Front House Staff
Dr. V is aweomse! She's really great with kids and with parents and gives you her full attention and very detailed feedback. She addressed all of my concerns thoroughly and made me feel at ease. However, the receptionists and billing department in the clinic she is in are not very good. They are not very courteous. They have refused my daughter an appointment because of an error in their billing department. Even after paying the supposed amount due, I have been haunted by it at least 10 more times. Each time going into the office I hear "You have a past due amount. We can't let you see the doctor until you pay it" and I have to tell them it's been paid long ago. In addition, they didn't call to confirm my appointment for my daughter's well check up at 9 months. These are booked out 3 months in advance. When I asked to reschedule, they said there were no appointments for at least a month. Only when I threatened to get her files and go see another pediatrician did the receptionist miraculously find something for me. I wish the front house staff were better to work with, but they ruined my experience with a great doctor.