Overall Review

3.9

February 25th, 2015
Best eye doctor in nyc,

June 21st, 2013
Great doc
Dr al aswad began treating me about 5 years ago, after I was diagnosed with an advanced case of glaucoma. She is a caring, dedicated talented surgeon, who has saved my eyesight. She always invites my questions answers them thoroughly. If I have to wait for her 15 or 20 minutes on occasion, she never makes me feel rushed once she arrives. I feel very well cared for by her.

October 15th, 2010
Not recommended
I don't know who wrote the previous review of this doctor, because, except for appointment ease and waiting time, my experience was the exact opposite. I was in her office for almost 3 hours, during which time I was subjected to a battery of tests, some of which were duplicated because (as I later found out) this is a teaching facility. My actual time with Dr. Al-Aswad was about 10 minutes out of the 3 hours. Nothing was explained to me about my condition, nor was I informed that I was at a teaching facility. To top it off, there were two foreign doctors there when I finally saw Dr. A, and then they asked if they could peer into my eyes. This, after she had shone such a bright light into my affected eye that it was painful. Then, two months later, after receiving the medicare bill for all the tests that were performed, when I called to speak to her about the results of the tests, the effects of the eye drops I was using and for more information about my condition, it took her two weeks to get back to me. She told me to "look it up on the internet." I have since made arrangements to see another doctor.