Dr. Lamvien Nguyen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

August 3rd, 2016
Worst experience ever

July 20th, 2016
I have been seeing Dr. Nguyen for about 10 years and have always had a great experience dealing with his office staff. Even though I have the opportunity to be seen on Eglin AFB I prefer to stay with him for the stability and because of his professionalism.

February 15th, 2016
Very Good and Thoughtful -
This is not my first visit but every time he has been very through and thoughtful. He understands pain and where it's coming from. He can't cure your pain but he can normally stop it. I don't wish to undergo back surgery so this is a solution that may prevent it. Thanks Doc -

January 15th, 2016
Very informed
Dr. Nguyen was very through with my records and my exam. He explained what he saw, what my options are and how he thought we should proceed. I'm an medical assistant and I know how things are run in offices and yes I'd prefer my BP be taken away from the other patients, but this is a good office and good doctor.

September 24th, 2015
Scamming worthless doctor
Please read... My first appointment with this dr was the worst experience possible. First off, before you can make an appointment there is something called a referral process in which the dr is supposed to review your file before he will accept you as a patient. So I was accepted and then called by staff to make an appointment. Upon arrival the only thing the "nurse" did was take my blood pressure...not to mention in an open room in front of other patients. I waited to speak with the doctor and was shortly called upstairs in his office. First problem, the door was left open for all patients in the lobby to hear , major hippa violation! The Drs shirt was unbuttoned so his midrif was exposed. He then sat in his chair and started to try and talk to me while texting on his phone...the whole appointment. He did nothing but tell me that both my previous physicians had no idea what they were doing when prescribing me medication and giving me injections that I had to explain the best I could that it all worked. He wanted me to have my nerves burned and spend lots of money out of pocket since insurance does not cover these procedures entirely. I explained that the medication I was on worked perfect! I have never had any issues with abuse or asking for more than originally prescribed but said he was unable to give them to me because he was "uncomfortable". Let me note I was on the lowest dose of medication possible since there was no clear reason I have pain according to his standards( which is purely at the physicians discretion) . I left feeling like he thought I was a drug addict, like my pain was all in my head and that he was satisfied by getting the initial appointment fee from my insurance since it is the most he would get besides making me come in for procedures he doesn't even know would work nor that I can afford out of pocket!

November 3rd, 2013
rn
I just think some of these reviews are funny..I work with pain management docs in a very nice facility but my spouse was referred to Dr. Nguyen...NONE of the docs I work with, some having very good reputations, spend the time with the patients that Dr. Nguyen spent with us during and after the procedure...everything he said made sense...Yes the equipment is old but the type of x-ray used during any of these injections takes pictures...it's not live like a video camera...THEY ALL TAKE STILL PICTURES....his machine does the same thing the others do and the procedure was performed just as sterile as it is in the OR where I work....This was only our second visit, so we will see how it goes in the long run, but if you can look past the shabby surface appearance, there really didn't seem to be anything wrong.

June 25th, 2012
Dr. Lamvien Nguyen has always done a good job in reducing my back pain without narcotics.

February 13th, 2012
Worst Dr. I have ever been to
If you are thinking about seeing this Dr I would strongly suggest that you look for another alternative. He is horrible! Not only did he have zero bedside manners, he also seems extremely uneducated. Ive read other reviews on this Dr and they all have pretty much been spot on. The one good review about him and his office staff is so far fetched and from the truth that I think it must of been written by one of his office staff or himself. The staff is rude, the Dr is rude and the equipment he uses is ancient. He will make you feel like a drug addict, and was constantly trying to catch me in a lie about my pain. My first visit with him he was telling me that my pain didn't make sense to him and that he didn't understand why my family doctor had ever prescribed me pain medication to begin with. I fell over a year ago and damaged my scapula badly, have had severe nerve damage and bone fragments in my shoulder and this Dr had the nerve to tell me that I shouldn't be in pain. He will tell you that he is scared to prescribe medication to you and then will tell you statistics of Florida deaths from pain medication overdoses. Keep in mind the whole reason I was referred to this Dr was because I myself had approached my family Dr and wanted to eventually find another alternative to my pain other then medication alone. Ive never met a drug addict in my life that requests to be taken off their drug of choice, it's a joke. Long story short, I questioned him on why he let me go 6 days without any medication and he raised his voice at me and told me to leave his office immediately and told me I wasn't worth his trouble(just what every patients really wants to hear from their Dr, right?) Bottom line I'm stumped on how this guy is actually allowed to practice medicine anywhere let alone in the US. Go somewhere else, anywhere else then to him. A Dr who is scared to prescribe pain medication should never have been a Dr to begin with especially not a pain management Dr.

October 18th, 2011
Try to find better
Dr. Nguyen is the second pain management specialist I've seen, and the first in Ft Walton Beach. The office is an overflowing disorganized mess and his equipment is far too old by 2011 standards. Patient records are piled everywhere and stacked to the ceiling. Staff in the office and patients in the waiting area are stacked on top of each other. The procedure rooms are no better. On my first visit the old equipment broke creating a backup in patients. I had a 7AM appt for my third visit and ended up being seen at 8:30. Instead of real-time equipment where he can see what's happening, his equipment takes snapshots and he adjusts the needle to them. Aside from the environment making things very uncomfortable and a little scary, the actual diagnosis and procedure was effective.

April 20th, 2011
I have had severe neck pain for over two years before I was sent to Dr. Nguyen. He has helped me find a treatment plan that works for me. He has spent time explaining why I have the symptoms that I do and what my options are, never once did he insist on one treatment or another. I am extremely happy with the care I have received from Dr. Nguyen and his staff.

January 25th, 2011
Worthless...TRI Care NEEDS to drop this man
worst doctor experience of my life in every conceivable way

May 12th, 2010
Had to stop seeing this doctor
I found that the doctor and staff were all nice/generally pleasant, but the doctor has a very small box in which he places all pain. If it's not fixed by injections or burning nerves (and he's conservative about epidural steroid injections - I went from a regimen that was keeping the worst at bay to trying too many shots aimed at more precise locations and not working), it's "learn to live with it." I've talked to a few other people and they all have the same experience: this is a pain doctor who is not really interested in treating pain, at least not unless it fits within a rigid and narrow concept of pain that can or should be treated.