Dr. Lan Chen MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Philadelphia, PA

4.7

May 6th, 2015
Knowlegable, freindly, accurate and great bed side manner

February 5th, 2015
Outstanding doctor! Diagnosed autoimmune issues which eluded many other special specialists over the years.

July 28th, 2014
Dr. Lan Chen
I was very impressed with Dr. Chen. This is the 2nd appointment that I had with her and she is very through with you. She explains everything to you and asks if you feel comfortable with her course of treatment. She has a very nice way about her and inspires confidence. I highly recommend her.

May 16th, 2014
Dr. LAN Chen
Dr. Chen is a guarantee to be at the top of the list of BEST doctors in this country. She is devoted, interested, caring and humble. She takes her time and is truly interested in your whole profile. There can't be a Rheumatologist who has more knowledge with such compassion as Dr.Lan Chen.

November 19th, 2013
Very smart and sympathetic but follow through not there!
When I had my first appointment with Dr Chen I thought that I had found someone who was finally going to help me understand what I was going through. She asked very pertinent questions and did blood work that no one had suggested before. After the blood work was done and she could not come up with a diff native diagnose, she sent me to another doctor which turned out to be a total waste of my time and money! Several times during my three appointments with her I had the need to call her office staff to ask questions regarding very specific instructions about medicine reductions and no one bothered to call me back I ended up taking the wrong amount of the medicine and felt really sick for 4 months before I finally asked my internist and she told me that I could not break the pills the way I was because it was a sustained release pill and I was getting varied doses of medicine resulting to my feeling so ill! If her office staff had called me back, I would not have had to go through that! My last visit went very well even though she agreed with me that her office staff was not really the best. She did some acupuncture and then told me that if it did not really help me that I did not have to come back! I realized later that she basically dismissed me! I have many issues that need recurrent treatment by a rheumatologist I.e. Fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and symptoms of a few other autoimmune diseases. Why was I dismissed? I am not sure and now I have to start the process all over again! She seemed like she was really going to help me too!

May 1st, 2012
competent and caring
Dr. Chen is treating my RA successfully. She also helped me with a few other minor complaints, taking the time to show me exercises. She showed and translated the results of every test and explained how she arrived at her diagnosis. She looks into your eyes when she speaks to you. And she listens. She is a wonderful gift.

October 7th, 2008
Incredible doctor
Dr. Chen actually takes time and listens to you. She is very knowledgeable. Even if she doesn't know whats wrong, she will continue to find an answer.

August 28th, 2008
Very knowlegable Doctor
Dr. Chen knows most about immune system and how it affectsd your body, good doctor. Spends time explaining thing s to patient