Family Physicians

1786 Oak Rd
Ste B
Snellville, GA 30078
770-925-2526
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 3.1923076923077 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  current Patient  |  show details
by smr current patient over one year on Jan 9th, 2014

Dr. Mahon is a awesome doctor, she has helped me improve my quality of life. I went to a Cardiologists on my own and she was not offended, my blood pressure was out of control, which I DO NOT BLAME DR MAHON. She was very glad that I rook the next step on my own, she stated that I would have referred you to a Cardiologists anyways, a real doctor refers patients to a specialists to ensure their patient is being treated for a specific condition, not all doctors do this for the sake of their patients health and well being. Those of you that reported hateful comments about her staff and Dr. Mahon do not know how great they really are, I never had a problem with getting a returned call or a prescription refilled. Dr. Mahon and her staff have treated me with respect and dignity from the beginning. People need to understand a family practice doctor that is really concerned about his or her patients health and well being will refer them to a specialist to ensure they are getting the correct treatment. You should be glad that Dr. Mahon refers you to specialists for treatment, she does this out of concern for your well being and health. Too many family practice doctors try to treat people that need to see a specialists and the condition ends up getting worse than better and sometimes damage is done that cannot be reversed.

|  Fourth visit and I am out..  |  show details
Dec 12th, 2013

I am so disappointed and may have lost my faith in doctors. I can't believe a kept coming back. What a huge mistake. There were so many red flags that I shouldn't have ignored. First visit took over an hour and a half to be seen. Second visit she called me by a different name and ended up having the incorrect patient information on her Ipad and said I didn't look the age of that patient that I looked older. SUPER RUDE, get some manners. Then her staff laughed at me when I pulled out my checkbook to pay my co-pay. HUH?! She's is not personable at all. You start getting upset about the medication she has prescribed to you (side effects of medication) and she starts saying we may need to refer you to another doctor like she doesn't want to deal with you. What a waste of my time. Trust me, and go to someone else.

|  Happy Patient  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2013

Dr Mahon is an outstanding doctor who demonstrations her compassion for her patients. I would highly recommend her. Her staff is equally friendly and helpful.

|  RUDE  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2013

Dr. Mahn and her office staff are extrememly rude! The front office staff has laughed at me. Dr. Mahn does not return messages. I will never go to this doctor again.

|  Love the doctor. Office staff not so great!  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2013

I was referred from another doctor. The wait time for my first visit took over 2 hours because of over-bookings. When I finally got in to see the Dr. it took all of five minutes. The next time I scheduled my appointment I had to call because I was running a little behind and I was informed that I would have to completely reschedule my appointment and that the doctor had to leave right at 5. Once again having to miss more work than necessary. I will continue going to see the doctor because I think she is great, however, I feel her staff can be rude at times. Scheduling is not flexible at all and they double book appointments.

Mar 25th, 2013

I found Dr. Mahon to be very competent. However, she is also very defensive. If you do not agree with her or do things exactly when and how she wants it she can be rude. I felt that she dismissed my concerns because she was upset at me for something else. At first I felt that perhaps I was over reacting but as I thought about it I realized that I left every appointment feeling bad about something. Also, my husband and daughter did not want to see her. It just took me longer to realize that I could find better care elsewhere.

|  Nice but not not thorough  |  show details
May 10th, 2011

Twice when I come in with real pain she examined me, ran some blood work and said she can't find anything. The pain is still there and further effort to discover the problem. I went to other Doctors and they found and treated my issues to my satisfaction. I really don't like feeling dismissed when I have real pain.

Mar 20th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Mahon's for the last 5 years. I have always found her to be very straightforward and no nonsense. She listens to what I have to say and I've never felt rushed during an office visit. She answers my questions honestly and I appreciate the fact that she puts the responsiblity for my health on me and not on the medications I take.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Mahon for years. She is an excellent doctor that I would highly recommend.

Nov 26th, 2010

As a long time patient of Dr. Mahon, I can't say enough good things about her and her office staff. Dr. Mahon is very professional but friendly at the same time. She is very easy to talk to and I've never felt rushed while in her office. I highly recommend her to co worker, friends and family.

|  Wonderful Doctor and Staff  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2010

Dr. Mahon is friendly, compassionate, and knowledgeable. Her staff is both helpful and professional. I have often called and gotten an appointment the same day, which allows me to avoid the mediocre care I've received at local clinics. I highly recommend Dr. Lan as a primary care physician.

|  Good doc, sarcastic approach  |  show details
by 2yellowgirl on Jul 13th, 2010

My visits to Dr. Mahon over the last half decade have been either good or extremely bad. While Dr. Mahon's staff has always been customer service oriented, Dr. Mahon is often defensive in her tone and sarcastic in her comments. She does a great job of examining, suggesting what tests/screenings one may need at a particular stage in their life, reviewing labs/information, and she tells you it is your decision to have things done; however she becomes apparently upset and exits abruptly when a test/screening is refused at her recommendation. Luckily, I happen to be educated enough to know what screenings I need and how frequently those screenings should be done, otherwise Dr. Mahon would bill me for unnecessary tests. Luckily, I am educated enough to know what is recommended for me as a healthy individual. I will not be back next year.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Rebecca A. on Dec 30th, 2009

Was refered to Dr. Mahon by my OBGYN, he was so right about her. She is very easy to talk to and funny. I felt very comfortable in her office, staff was great as well. All caring and happy people. On my first visit Dr. Mahon sat and talked with me for over 30 minutes. Have recommended her to everyone that I know. She is great.

|  Bad experience  |  show details
by Monte on Sep 15th, 2009

Came to Dr. Mahon as a referral from Aetna looking for a second opinion and a doctor closer to my home. The office was over booked. They did take me back in a timely manner but the doctor spent less than five minutes with me and was very sarcastic, rude and insulting. She did not take the time to evaluate my situation. I felt as if she was rushing through my visit, first impressions are everything! Well I was NOT impressed at all with her bedside manner. I felt like a number not a new patient. Worst experience at a doctors office that I have had in 40 years!

|  worst ever  |  show details
by monte3337 on Sep 15th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Very Family Oriented  |  show details
by Fred Anderson on Jun 12th, 2008

Dr. Mahon has been our family doctor for 9 years now and she and her staff have always been friendly and professional. I find her to give the time needed for office visits and vert to the point when discussing issues.

|  Wonderful  |  show details
by es_gilbert on Mar 2nd, 2006 on kudzu.com

With living in Atlanta today, it is nice to have someone to sit down with you and not feel like you are rushed! Dr. Mahon is a wonderful, compassionate doctor.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com