Dr. Lana Boter MD Patient Reviews

2.9

• Good
  • Bad

January 9th, 2017
The worst staff working at front desk and answering phone calls
It's really unfortunate that Dr. Lana Boter has such rude and lazy people working for her at the front desk. Every time I've called to make an appointment or to ask a question the call goes to voicemail the first few attempts. When someone finally picks up the phone they're extremely rude and make it apparent that your call is an annoyance to them. Per usual, while trying to make an appointment this morning, I was put directly on hold for several minutes and then was continuously cut off mid-sentence to be put back on hold. It took me almost 10 minutes to schedule a simple annual exam as an existing patience. This is literally my experience EVERY time I have to call Dr. Boter's office. Dr. Boter is great but the stress and hassle caused by her rude and unprofessional staff is enough to make me look for a new doctor.

August 11th, 2015
Lona Baxter is an excellent doctor, she is very open to talk, very honest , I like the way she explained to me the problem that i had. I am very greatful find her, after God she gave me back my health. I highly recommend gynecology lona Baxter. Excellent doctor

February 23rd, 2015
The receptionist was very rude.

October 14th, 2013
Something just didn't feel right about her, so I switched out only to find out she missed my hypthyroidism despite my telling her my family history of it and it only taking one simple blood test. If I had stayed with her, there would have been serious complications for the baby (just look at any published medical journal). Wow! Close call. I mean, she was so nice, but it was almost too nice, I didn't trust it and sure enough, I found a real doctor elsewhere. This is Manhattan afterall.

March 9th, 2012
Aweful
Horrifying experience with Dr Lana Boter. She is rude and catty and it's completely uncalled for. I am still disturbed by her initial sweetness and then sudden turn in personality. She is frankly quite psycho - stay away.

October 6th, 2011
Great experience
I had a wonderful experience both times I saw Dr. Boter. The first time was for my annual exam. I had been sexually assaulted a few months before and had some initial damage and wanted to follow-up on it. Dr. Boter was incredibly supportive and gentle with me--she was thorough, supportive, and exactly what I needed. I came back to her office to get a record of the date of my exam so that I could get birth control from my primary doctor (she was booked up and I couldn't get an appointment before I needed it). When her office staff realized what I wanted, they asked me to wait, checked in with her, and she managed to squeeze me in between appointments. I was pleasantly surprised and was able to get my prescription before I had to leave town. I will definitely continue to see her and highly recommend her to others.

March 10th, 2011
I was not impressed with her. I found her not only impatient but also did not seem to have an interest in answering my questions versus acting in a confrontational manner when I asked question. Too add, she did not even read my chart prior to my visit, even asking me personal info. like my age and a little medical history, which is all in my medical chart. I left her office feeling very disillusioned and not comfortable with her performing surgery on me.

October 15th, 2010
Best Ob Gyn in New York
Dr.Boter was unbelievably kind and thoughtful. She got to know me first and put all the information together and talked to me like I was a human being. And she was very gentle during the exam. I daresay I almost enjoyed my gyn visit for the first time in my life !

August 18th, 2010
not so nice office staff
The assistant asked me to pee in a cup, I asked her for a cup of water first, she told me there was no water fountain, that I should "go find tap water" myself (which probably meant the bathroom). So I asked her for a separate cup and she dismissively handed me back the pee cup and said "i can drink water out of it first". I mean, honestly, have some class. The doctor is great and all, but that kind of help is worse than no help at all.

June 16th, 2010
I went to Dr. Boter before and during my pregnancy. She was caring and thorough in explaining whatever I needed to know. Unfortunately, she was on vacation when my baby was born (early), so I missed out on having her at my delivery. But I was very pleased with her care.

April 18th, 2016