Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
420 E 72nd St
Ste 1B
New York, NY 10021
212-774-2027
Locations and availability (8)

3.0

|  love dr kang  |  show details
by gaynell on Jul 18th, 2013

My son and I have had hand surgery with Dr Lana Kang. She is so kind and spent time with me .My surgery was very successful I would recommend her to highly and have.

|  Caring but overpriced!  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2012

Dr Kang is caring and warm. She first had a resident doctor look at me and then joined him later to diagnose. Although she spent quality time(about 10 minutes in total) with me, I'm not confident about her diagnosis. As all she recommend is to get injection or wear braces. I did not want get injection and she had me take the brace. Even though I kept telling her I already had one wrist brace at home, She insisted I took hers. When I saw the bill two weeks later, she charged $100 for the brace, which I found the exactly same model for less than $20 online.I am not sure how to define overcharge but 5 times...that's a lot! The charges for office visit is also relatively high.

|  show details
Nov 7th, 2010

After undergoing surgery by Dr. Kang I cannot recommend her. While there has been improvement in some areas new problems were created. And the main problem I had has not been resolved satisfactorily. She is nice and seems to care a great deal but I would not use her again. If you have specific questions my email is x0503090125@gmail.com. please email me and ill try to be of help if I can.

|  husband of patient  |  show details
by David Kule on Oct 13th, 2009

Patient is a 90 yr old woman who had an accident and fractured her elbow. Elbow could not be fixed and was replaced by Dr. Kang. We rate her 5 stars, as the replacement was successful, her bedside manners were what made my wife comfortable. Her after care and concern was rare in her profession, warm and caring. Easy to reach her by phone if necessary, no waiting time to see her, practically immediate. Most of all she knows how to diagnose the situation.