Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Thank you for 24 years of my son's happiness show details Thank you for 24 years of my son's happiness
by Robert P. Cahill on May 5th, 2015

In 1991 my 3 month old son was diagnosed with craniosynostosis, Dr. Altenau was caring an confident. He performed corrective surgery and immediately after the surgery came out pumped up and excited, he told us how strong a fighter our son was even to the point of fighting the anesthesia. I am proud to say my son has had 24 years of a good life. He is a student attending SDSU and has a bright mind and great personality.... Thank you so much

I owe my life to him show details I owe my life to him
by Diane E. Walters on Dec 4th, 2013

On Feb.12 1991, Dr. Altenau removed a large tumor from my brain (meningioma). I did not have any seizures. I was able to finish and retire from my civil service job and my Army Reserve job. I feel very happy and I am enjoying every day God gives me.

Instructor, Retired show details Instructor, Retired
by John Fall on Sep 29th, 2013

Dr. Altenau is the Best of the Best! I had a large subdural hematoma that would have been fatal without Dr. Altenau and his prompt intervention.

Jun 13th, 2012

Dr Altenau did my back surgery last month, I am able to take care of my kids, and perform my duties, he change my life definitely..

Aug 29th, 2011

Excelent surgun may need to slow down

Dec 23rd, 2010

Dr Altenau did my back surgery in 1993 when I was only 18 years old. I have not had any problems since and I owe it all to him. This is a great Dr that truly cares for his patients.

Dec 20th, 2009