inactive

Lance E Anderson MD Patient Reviews

• 7 reviews

January 26th, 2015
compassionate, great therapist in addition to doctor!

July 13th, 2014
lance anderson warning bad psychiatric
Am surprise to see other patients giving lance anderson a great review. I seen him 12 yes and I must say no patients should not have to outside much less inside the waiting. I have never signed a concent form an for what came from it. Calling him just to make appt., or up meds.we the patients should never have to wait. And we're patients coming to appt. How long did we the patients wait outside before being buzz in?..sometimes 1 hr. Or 45 min. OR JUST Wasn't there. At all. Way to many red flags.thank you I'll take business some other place .One more thing no patients should never have leave because you lance took soon long..then they leave without seeing you at all..bad psychiatric oh that's right your not on WOW?...on Thanks!

April 4th, 2013
Would NOT recommend
I read another review on this site stating that the person was surprised at how positive other reviews were. I completely agree. I had an almost identical experience to that person - I have ALWAYS waited nearly an hour, if not longer to see Dr. Anderson, and he has cancelled more than once due to some "emergency." He spent a great deal of our sessions talking about himself. At first I saw this as an attempt to relate to me, but as time went on, I think he just needed someone to talk to! I did leave eventually with a prescription to help me with my depression, but after his last cancellation WITH NO ATTEMPT TO RESCHEDULE, I will be finding a new doctor.

November 22nd, 2011
Great Doctor
I feel very secure in the treatment I am receiving from Dr. Anderson. I highly recommend him and more importantly trust him. Some of the topics I need to discuss are extremely difficult for me but his demeanor which is professional but truly caring is very helpful to me. The meds we have worked with have needed little adjustment. The last shrink I went to one of my friends described as playing Russian roulette with my drugs. Thankfully Dr. Anderson's prescriptions for me were figured out early on and have been working. His diagnosis and treatment are different than my last shrink and while I liked her a lot I was not getting better. I can say that I also like dr.Anderson a lot but most importantly I think he has me on the right meds and is going to continue to be helpful in my healing process.

October 6th, 2011
DR Lance Armsst
I have seen many therapists and Lance is my second psychiatrist. I am finding him extremely helpful, and am so glad I was referred to him. I will admit punctuality is not his strongest point but I have never been to any doctor who is not running a few minutes late. I feel Very safe telling him things that I did not ever tell my last psychiatrist or therapist as I feel he is non- judgmental and tries to understand me. That is how it should be but in my experience with other doctors I have omitted important information because I did not feel safe or understood. I highly recommend Dr armstrong

August 3rd, 2011
Unprofessional
I am very surprised to see that Lance has such a high rating on this website (though it is only based on three people).I don't believe that Lance is especially qualified for psychiatry, and I say this after having been his patient for over three years. To begin with, Lance always made me wait for a very long time to see him (usually about an hour), and then he would always have some excuse about having an emergency.The waiting and his excuses aren't my only complaints though. On more than one occasion, Lance was falling asleep during my appointment, and at one point, I had to wake him up. This to me was the most disturbing aspect of my appointment, and it is one of the main reasons why I stopped seeing him.My chief complaint, though, is that Lance would take up my time talking about trivial matters, and then bill my insurance for the maximum time allotment. And finally, I don't think that Lance was qualified to deal with people with bipolar disorder. He specializes in OCD, and that is probably what he should stick with. I just wish that he had been honest with me in the beginning. Overall, it was a really bad experience.

June 1st, 2010
Wonderful Doctor!
Dr. Anderson is GREAT! He even impressed my Internist! He's easy to talk to, non-judgemental, creative in his approach to treatment, and very patient. The only downfall is the lack of office staff when you want to make or change an appointment. He also doesn't do any appointment reminder calls, or emails, etc.