Dr. Lance Davlin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 9th, 2014
Davlin listens
The first time we met: Dr. Davlin reviewed my x-rays with me, explained the possibilities, offered options, asked for my thoughts and questions and together we developed a plan. He was polite, happy, and respectful (so was his nurse). There were no frills or time wasted! Now all is good!

August 26th, 2013
Thanks to Dr. Davlin and his staff!! Dr. Davlin is so smart & technically proficient - after 3 years of pain, I am pain free!!! I would gladly refer anyone to his practice!!! Thanks!!!!!!!

June 18th, 2013
wrist/hand patient
Must be the Sentara protocol. Get patients in and BILL versus spending qualtiy time with your patients. No time to expect your doctor or staff to spend enough time to explain what is really happening with your body nor what will happen during your surgery, or what to expect after surgery. Just sign the consent and here's a pamphlet. Did not get a thorough explanation of what the surgical procedure will entail nor how I will feel right after surgery or what to expect following surgery. I guess I am just expected to hope that everything will turn out okay.......... This is my 2nd Sentara orthopedic practice that I have dealt with and both very similar as far as providing the patient with very little information. The nurse Susan does not return calls in a timely fashion. I waited over a week for a return call and called AGAIN to try and reach her. This is how people fall through the cracks and bad things happen.

March 3rd, 2013
Time spent with the doctor in the office was always rushed and brief. The nurse did a 5 minute Pre-Op was rude and there was no discussion about the surgery such as how to prepare or what to expect following surgery or during recovery. Dr. Davlin did a great job with my surgery. I have referred other people to him and I would return to him should I need further hand surgery. Patient experience could be improved if the staff did not act as though the patient is an inconvenience and if the doctor spent more time explaining patient's condition and provide more information about the surgery and what to expect following the surgery. Act like you care about the patient!!

January 28th, 2013
Dr Davlin and his staff were very nice. He listened to my problem and was able to give me a shot to relieve my pain. I will reccomend him to anyone with a hand problem