Overall Review

February 6th, 2015
Excellent caring doctor, very prompt

January 17th, 2014
Patient from Patchogue
Dr. Edwards is friendly and attentive. Asks how you are and really listens to the answers. Spends whatever time you need. Having visited a number of gyns over the years (almost 60), I can say without hesitation or reservation that Dr. Edwards is the best gyn I have ever had. I can't say enough about him or his practice. As for following up after a visit, I haven't found that to be necessary, but I'm quite confident Dr. Edwards or his staff would.

September 6th, 2013
What a horrible attitude
If I could give him a negative rating I would. I am a health professional and was absolutely appalled at his rudeness. Granted I am writing this review many years later, but saw his name and figured I should share my experience. I saw him when he was practicing in patchogue. I Was hesitant to go to the GYN to begin with, but after 6 months of consistent spotting after smoking cessation, reluctantly went because I knew I had to. Yes, he was punctual for appointment time, but upon entering, looked at me and immediately said "you are extremely overweight and should consider bariatric surgery" before I even opened my mouth. After stating I was a virgin (I am in my 20's) he said "come on now it's 20(whatever year it was)". Flabbergasted and at a loss for words, I hesitantly disclosed my sexual orientation which seemed to then satisfy his "hunch" now uncomfortable, he had me in tears and did not stop being nasty until he realized I was crying. After giving me a prescription for birth control to regulate me, I returned to his office for a follow up visit. I asked if he could give me a different type since I experienced nausea and was unable to eat, as well as making me emotionally ridiculously sensitive. He looked at me and replied " here's a prescription for the same pill, fill it or don't". Again I'm shock, I left the room. One of the girls asked me nastily "where is your chart I need it". I replied that I was not given my chart and she rolled her eyes at me. This experience prevented me from going to a GYN for a few years. I told my current GYN about my experience with him, not telling him who I saw and he was utterly disgusted and told me how disgusted he was that a dr. Could behave in that manner. I had been considering the surgery (bariatric) and a couple of years did end up having the surgery. So my suggestion is save yourself the disappointment and do not see him. His bedside manner is horrible, as well as his attitude in general. He showed no compassion towards me and seemed less interested in helping me with my problem. He is honestly the worst dr. I have ever seen, not just GYN, but the worst one in general I have EVER seen.

December 4th, 2011
caring doctor
I have been seeing Dr Edwards for 20 years, he has always been caring as well as very knowledgeable. I have referred friends and family to him who all loved him too. Can't say I have met any obs as good or nice as him.

March 2nd, 2011
Where did the Caring Doctor Go?
I was a patient for 23 years. He delivered my son. Now when I really needed him...there was absolutely no compassion or real concern. Never called me himself...always his nurse. I have left this group because of this and hope to find a comfortabl solution to my medical problem and not just be pumped up with higher and higher doses of Birth Control Pills

July 24th, 2010
he's simply the best!!!

January 23rd, 2010
Listens well
Great doctor, very caring. Listens to all my problems and is very thorough

December 3rd, 2009